• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This Forum used to be .........

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well not to be strict but here's my opinion.

It's nice to discuss those "bad circumstances" in a thread being all mature and writing huge posts with cool points to prove what the situation is but...

If you really thought of that people, all you had to do is act like it and all this would not even had a reason to exist.

My point is that if you really think the forum went "bad" then the cause are its members, since they are the forum. If the forum is awesome then again it's because of its members. No matter what cool features Steve adds in here nothing will make the forum better except of terms of appearance and style/design.

So, if you really know any member, or any reason, or any situation that makes the forum degrade then just say so. You write a post and someone comes and plays the big bullie or the know-it-all to you? Ask a member of the Staff to deal with it. Trying to defend yourself by yourself is awesome, but in this case it just makes you the same with the bully.

You see a member that keeps making new members seem uncomfortable? Again ask the staff.

Everything can be resolved if you REALLY want it resolved. Discussing those things with straight faces and playing the awesome and good guys (I'm including myself here, do not take offense, but since we are discussing this..EVEN A MEMBER OF THE STAFF IS A MEMBER OF THE FORUM, if something I say annoy you or think that someone made a mistake then TALK to the staff, we are not dragons...we are open to hear every problem you have in this forum, not the lockers of death) is pretty nice, but acting comes first. Nothing else to add from my side, the rest is up to everyone.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Tony_Redgrave;140137 said:
Well not to be strict but here's my opinion.

It's nice to discuss those "bad circumstances" in a thread being all mature and writing huge posts with cool points to prove what the situation is but...

If you really thought of that people, all you had to do is act like it and all this would not even had a reason to exist.

My point is that if you really think the forum went "bad" then the cause are its members, since they are the forum. If the forum is awesome then again it's because of its members. No matter what cool features Steve adds in here nothing will make the forum better except of terms of appearance and style/design.

So, if you really know any member, or any reason, or any situation that makes the forum degrade then just say so. You write a post and someone comes and plays the big bullie or the know-it-all to you? Ask a member of the Staff to deal with it. Trying to defend yourself by yourself is awesome, but in this case it just makes you the same with the bully.

You see a member that keeps making new members seem uncomfortable? Again ask the staff.

Everything can be resolved if you REALLY want it resolved. Discussing those things with straight faces and playing the awesome and good guys (I'm including myself here, do not take offense, but since we are discussing this..EVEN A MEMBER OF THE STAFF IS A MEMBER OF THE FORUM, if something I say annoy you or think that someone made a mistake then TALK to the staff, we are not dragons...we are open to hear every problem you have in this forum, not the lockers of death) is pretty nice, but acting comes first. Nothing else to add from my side, the rest is up to everyone.

i agree..... people ask the mods....... BUT sometimes the mods dont do anything ( sorry :unsure:) if a thread is out of hand due to insulting etc and u ask a mod to close the thread they dont ( again sorry :unsure:) .......

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Don't misunderstand. Do not ask Staff members to do things. There is a rule against that. They should decide the course they are about to take by themselves. Requesting that a thread is locked will not help anyone.

Instead talk to the Staff about your troubles. For example -> "in every thread I go "this guy" appears and talks me down as if I did something wrong or something" is the right thing to say to a member of the Staff.

And

"We exchanged curses with "this guy" and he just won't stop. Can somebody close this thread now? I'm bored." is the wrong thing to ask of a member of the Staff. Not all of it. Just the words in bold.

Dark Drakan

Admin
As Tony said we are here to help and listen to peoples problems and sort them out. Anyone who has PM'ed me to sort anything out will know of this and im sure the other members of staff feel the same. Only threads we close at request are ones that the thread creator requests.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Wow, reading all this has made me understand more. Maybe there are some members here on the forum, that just don't understand and take everything very childishly. It's actually a fact of immaturity, that's all (Or even self-control).

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Black Angel;139893 said:
^True, a rule free environment is stupid.

Not really. It depends on the situation. I personally hate being bogged down by bull**** rules, online and offline. The way I see it, you put too many rules on ppl, ppl will rebel. Thats a fact proven throughout the ages. However it works in reverse as well. With no rules, ppl will act wild. You need a balance of both. At the rate DMC.org is going with its newfound strict-ness, we may lose valuable new members, pìss off existing members, and make DMC.org feel less and less friendly. Lets be for real, no one likes strict forums.

I have a proposal however. The staff needs to start dropping the ban hammer on those who continue to break rules, which in turn, will kill this gay ass drama goin' on here. Gradually, the spamming and flamming will decrease. In time, this forum can finally stop being a communist forum with my proposal. Who agrees?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;140256 said:
I have a proposal however. The staff needs to start dropping the ban hammer on those who continue to break rules, which in turn, will kill this gay ass drama goin' on here. Gradually, the spamming and flamming will decrease. In time, this forum can finally stop being a communist forum with my proposal. Who agrees?

Well thats whats been happening. We tightened up the rules and have enforced bans on people although some are temporary (at the moment). Hopefully this will make people realize that their attitude isnt acceptable and if they continue their presence wont be tolerated here. People will eventually start following the rules or risk being banned and then we can lighten up how strict we are when the rule breaking decreases. If people are respectful to us then we repay that too.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dark Drakan;140260 said:
Well thats whats been happening. We tightened up the rules and have enforced bans on people although some are temporary (at the moment). Hopefully this will make people realize that their attitude isnt acceptable and if they continue their presence wont be tolerated here. People will eventually start following the rules or risk being banned and then we can lighten up how strict we are when the rule breaking decreases. If people are respectful to us then we repay that too.

I say IP ban these punk ass marks! :D

Top Bottom