• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Viper

Premium
I am so ****ing tired of me getting criticized by my mother, only to find out that it was the result of her getting criticized by my brother's wife.

Couple of days ago my dad went to pick up mom, and out of kindness picked up my sister-in-law and another woman from their workplace to give them a lift. It was during that ride that she found it a good time to make a snide remark at my mom how she is at fault that I don't go out. Yeah, right! :rolleyes: My mom has spent years nagging me to go out with friends, if I'm rather at home it is all my choice.

Honestly, I don't go out that often cause there is nothing for me to do outside. I am unemployed and short on money and frankly see no point in typical entertainment the bitch thinks is appropriate for me, like shopping, or sitting on a terrace of a coffee shop for hours to gossip, or going out with girlfriends in the evening on a concert of some wailing excuse for a man. I'd rather have all my teeth pulled out without any pain killers in my system than live her hipster idea of life.

I draw, I write, I cook, I play video games, I talk to people online. I do things. Did she ever bothered to ask me about that? No. No point in me talking about it on my own, had enough of awkward silence from anyone but my brother and mom.

I wish I could tell all this to her face, but crazy as she has become I don't want to cause trouble for my brother.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
DmC VS DMC in terms of sales. DmC was meant to sell X amount, but so far has only made X amount.

Did DMC fans really need or want DmC?

These points to me are so redundant. Because Capcom worked with Ninja Theory to create DmC (Which is a different take/version of DMC) So in terms of whether it was needed by us DMC fans or whether it sold well, who should really care? When at the end of the day it still belongs as part of DMC as a whole.

Or maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding. The hate comes from the M being lower case. Damn, should of seen it.

Viper

Premium
So, someone tells people that instead of insisting European fairytales be remade with characters of other races, they should advocate for creative people to dive into folktales of other cultures, basically telling them to become proud of their culture instead of trying to shoehorn themselves into someone elses, and that makes it so horrible?

Honestly, I'd rather read or watch something from African or Asian or some other mythology for a change, than have yet another middle-European style Cinderella only of another race. Real diversity, not politically correct recycling.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
racist-peanuts_large.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The last thing I need right now is some peppy, over enthusiastic, fake-smiles sales girl bothering me while I'm trying to buy something. I understand that it is their job to be friendly, but this one was too much. It was so false and irritating, and her fake, high-pitched, baby-sounding voice hurt my ears.

The she started talking about how much she loved working for the store even though I was trying to subtly tell her I was fine browsing products on my own. It's like that store brainwash their employees to only say good things and stalk customers to the point of irritation. :rolleyes::laugh:

Meg

The last thing I need right now is some peppy, over enthusiastic, fake-smiles sales girl bothering me while I'm trying to buy something. I understand that it is their job to be friendly, but this one was too much. It was so false and irritating, and her fake, high-pitched, baby-sounding voice hurt my ears.

The she started talking about how much she loved working for the store even though I was trying to subtly tell her I was fine browsing products on my own. It's like that store brainwash their employees to only say good things and stalk customers to the point of irritation. :rolleyes::laugh:
AND NOW I WILL TELL YOU HOW GREAT OUR STORE CREDIT CARD IS WHILE IGNORING ALL OF YOUR HINTS THAT YOU DON'T CARE!!!!

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
DmC VS DMC in terms of sales. DmC was meant to sell X amount, but so far has only made X amount.

Did DMC fans really need or want DmC?

These points to me are so redundant. Because Capcom worked with Ninja Theory to create DmC (Which is a different take/version of DMC) So in terms of whether it was needed by us DMC fans or whether it sold well, who should really care? When at the end of the day it still belongs as part of DMC as a whole.

Or maybe it's all just a big misunderstanding. The hate comes from the M being lower case. Damn, should of seen it.
The question wasn't exactly whether or not DMC fans needed or wanted DmC, it was 'how much demand is there for DmC?' The simple, obvious answer to that question is that there was very little demand for it. People didn't like DmC much, which is why it sold only 1.1 million (about *half* of DMC1's sales, which was a new IP, wasn't multiplat and was from 2001). Who should really care? Capcom should. Continuing with DmC is probably going to cost them more money than it's worth, and they can't afford that with all the mistakes they made with their games in the past.

As for whether it's part of DMC (by which you mean Devil May Cry), I would argue it's part of the franchise, but of course I don't consider it the same thing as DMC.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DmC is still very much and always has been, a Devil May Cry game.
... You wouldn't make a big deal out of it if DmC was a one-off (on main consoles), would you? I'm sure that that series would make just as good of a portable entry (as it did a main installment), if nothing else.

Like how the Wind Waker aesthetic moved to the 3DS while the Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword aesthetic stayed on the more powerful systems.

I'm just saying, let's prepare ourselves for the possibility of the series returning to its original status... or even an entirely new reboot (like they're doing with your number one hero).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
... You wouldn't make a big deal out of it if DmC was a one-off (on main consoles), would you? I'm sure that that series would make just as good of a portable entry (as it did a main installment), if nothing else.

Like how the Wind Waker aesthetic moved to the 3DS while the Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword aesthetic stayed on the more powerful systems.

I'm just saying, let's prepare ourselves for the possibility of the series returning to its original status... or even an entirely new reboot (like they're doing with your number one hero).
I loved that style used in Windwaker. Windwaker is best Zelda.

Top Bottom