• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
S*** did hit the fan during the finale--to be honest though, I can't tell if people are reading too much into it, or not. The way Korra and Asami were toward one another can be interpreted in so many ways--which I think is what the creators wanted; to be as ambiguous as possible.

In the event it was meant to allude to them winding up together? Oh well. It's the 21st Century, love is love, anyone who has a problem with it and makes a big stink over it in the process is the problem--not the show.

I do agree that it did come out of nowhere, though. I mean...I don't think anyone really saw that coming. O_O But in retrospect after they both dated Mako a couple of times to no avail? It's kind of an amusing twist, really. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper

Premium
This shooting scene in Snatcher is too damn hard! I shoot and I shoot, but too many of these things are appearing and mostly in corners, and all it takes is maybe 5 hits and I'm dead.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
S*** did hit the fan during the finale--to be honest though, I can't tell if people are reading too much into it, or not. The way Korra and Asami were toward one another can be interpreted in so many ways--which I think is what the creators wanted; to be as ambiguous as possible.

In the event it was meant to allude to them winding up together? Oh well. It's the 21st Century, love is love, anyone who has a problem with it and makes a big stink over it in the process is the problem--not the show.

I do agree that it did come out of nowhere, though. I mean...I don't think anyone really saw that coming. O_O But in retrospect after they both dated Mako a couple of times to no avail? It's kind of an amusing twist, really. :laugh:
Though I still need to watch Korra, I do find out the significant thing it does in the finale. And the showrunners confirmed it is exactly what people think it is. Korra and that other girl share romantic feelings for each other. Don't spoil anything for me please as I have to binge watch Korra soon. I've only seen like 5 episodes, but I'm starting over.

I feel ashamed. Avatar:The Last Airbender is one of mt favorite shows ever and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo late to the party on Korra.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I guess everything makes you a hater nowadays. ''Oh no, some DMC fans didn't like DmC Dante's appearance or personality! Such haters!'' ''What? Some people don't like DmC's edginess? Haters! Weeaboos!''

Feeling hate toward something isn't the same as 'hating'. Hating on something is when you dismiss all of its positive aspects, and only focus on the subjectively negative points, and keep whining and badgering people about those subjective (personal) negatives. That is hating. When you point out both objective and subjective negatives and criticize games for those negatives, that's just criticism.
It's sad, because all this ''you're just a hater'' business comes from people projecting their own feelings onto others. They're so self-important that they believe you must feel the same way as they do, and if you don't, there must be something wrong with you.

And on top of that, there's this spineless culture nowadays that you have to 'accept' everything. We can't accept everything - it's impossible. If we don't like it, all we can do is tolerate it. Tolerance isn't the same as acceptance, and frankly, I'm getting sick of today's culture of 'critics are just money-grabbing asses with stupid opinions' and 'well, I liked the game, therefore it was great'. So... what, you get to decide if opinions are stupid? We all have different preferences, and even different views of what works and what doesn't: almost nothing is set in stone. Critics know that too, and it's exactly the reason why there's so many reviewers: they all think differently.
That's why I'm saying it's not logical. You can like something all you want, but it won't change its flaws, and it won't change the fact people might hate it while you love it. That's simply the way the world works. And hate is a normal thing, so end the pretense that you're an 'enlightened individual' and realize that emotions aren't intrinsically good or bad: they're just emotions, and they all serve some purpose, however insignificant it could be.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Am I the only one in my family who's even trying to get the sh*t we're supposed to get done...done? I mean, I thought we were going to try harder and it looks like I'm the only one getting up, getting my stuff done, and, only then, going and doing other things. I mean, wtf guys? :unsure:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
To the genius who decided that melatonin prescriptions now require so much red tape you could wrap up Russia for Christmas and still have some left over:

Live with my son who does not fall asleep unless I am with him, who averages about 3 hours before waking up and hopping into our bed which then forces me to move several times in a night with him invariably following me from room to room, then look me in the bloodshot, sleep-deprived eye and tell me you cannot possibly sanction such an expensive drug which funnily enough was not expensive this time last year.

I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

You have the magical power of the prescription pad to make all this go away.

Your move.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
And today has shown me why they should give people management classes because they have no idea how to relate to other members of staff, especially the ones on the position below them. :facepalm:
Dropping subtle hints to this person that they are annoying and upsetting very valued members of staff just isn't working. I'm starting to wonder if this person is socially unaware or just plain awkward in their ways. If so, they are ill suited to the job they are doing.

I know everyone makes mistakes when they are new, but this is beyond mistakes. After a week, this person has successfully gotten themselves a disciplinary from the head teacher for their awful attitude. The rest of the staff are hoping this person gets the sack by the end of the school year.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The neighbour decided to come turn off our water without asking. Just caught him out the window doing it. Only once he saw me watching him, did he come ring the doorbell and say 'hey, I switch off your water, eh, we have plumbing problem, only half hour'. Like, yeah, you inconsiderate idjit, why don't you tell me this AFTER you've turned off our water supply? You could have had the decency to let me fill up the kettle and whatnot beforehand. I've got THREE kids. Water is an essential factor in our household, even if it's just for half an hour. But I guess if my kid decides to crap his nappy and play war paint in his poo, that I can just chuck him over the fence to your house and have him hang with you guys until you're done. Hey, not MY fault you didn't consider you're turning off at least three other households' water supply without any sort of notification.

Also, MUM. I love you, but you couldn't have been arsed to lift your butt at least and go watch the kids in the lagoon so I can be the one sitting on my arse out of the sun? Y'know, especially considering it was my birthday present to go on this trip and all. And, y'know, especially because I told you about the alarming spotting I noticed on arrival. But ooooh nooo, don't worry, you just put yourself under the shade alllll the way over there and go for a long walk on your own allll the way up the beach and back down, while I stand in the ****ing sun in the lagoon dragging my kids around on their bodyboards because it's not like it's my birthday or I may have picked up complications on the road that could or could not be a sign of preterm labour. Oh no, please, go ahead and enjoy yourself.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
First bagged milk then bagged water now canned bread!
inconceivable.jpg

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I know! me and my friends had a big rant about this. I think it's some parts of America. And let's not forget diet water.

Ah, my home country doing weird stuff again. /== Never gets old. *sighs* Realistically, I think it would be useful if you were camping (it'd be harder for a bear to get into a can of bread than a bag, I suppose), but I can just see people getting it for dumb reasons. (Plus, cans make everything taste metallic. I mean...ew. :thumbsdown:)
Yeah, diet water's a really dumb concept. Some of those are as bad for you as a whole candy bar and such. It's brought me to the conclusion that anything that's not just plain water that I'm drinking is probably bad for me. XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom