• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Exejpgwmv

Yep. I was right. The worst thing about DmC isn't the dumbed down combat. It's those obnoxious NT butt lickers and Tameem's c.um eaters.
You can just avoid people :p

You however cannot avoid the intentionally streamlined controls, if you are playing the game.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
You can just avoid people :p

You however cannot avoid the intentionally streamlined controls, if you are playing the game.

Yeah, I can avoid people, but avoiding the whole DmC community isn't gonna work.

And sincerely, I don't understand your comment on streamlined cuz i didn't find any clunkiness in the previous iterations. But whatever floats your boat, man. whatever floats your boat.

Exejpgwmv

Yeah, I can avoid people, but avoiding the whole DmC community isn't gonna work.

And sincerely, I don't understand your comment on streamlined cuz i didn't find any clunkiness in the previous iterations. But whatever floats your boat, man. whatever floats your boat.
It isn't the entire community that acts that way.

Just because the controls were streamlined, doesn't mean the previous controls were clunky.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
It isn't the entire community that acts that way.

No, no, no, no. That's not what I meant. Though reading my post does tell me how you got that. I actually meant those selected weeds do not come hoisting their flags and waving their banners. So, you just run into them and get your mood spoiled.

Just because the controls were streamlined, doesn't mean the previous controls were clunky.
Exactly. I did not find any stream lined combat because earlier games did not make me think they needed any kinda stream-lining.

I hope I'm clear this time.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Is there an iconicly bad game?
yeah i...oh no...i see what you're getting at. but yes, i guess i could be referring to DMC4 and 007 golden eye. but really, i was referring to movies. like batman 89. not good. raimi spider-man trilogy. decent, but not as good as we want to remember. goonies. i didn't see it as a kid so it holds no meaning to me (and its meh). some of the 007 movies. moonraker and you only live twice. iconic...but that don't make them good.
i had a few people in mind as well, but as i've learned the hard way here, never bring up religious or political opinions...it ****s you up

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
yeah i...oh no...i see what you're getting at. but yes, i guess i could be referring to DMC4 and 007 golden eye. but really, i was referring to movies. like batman 89. not good. raimi spider-man trilogy. decent, but not as good as we want to remember. goonies. i didn't see it as a kid so it holds no meaning to me (and its meh). some of the 007 movies. moonraker and you only live twice. iconic...but that don't make them good.
i had a few people in mind as well, but as i've learned the hard way here, never bring up religious or political opinions...it ****s you up

....I was getting at something?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
If one more person posts that, "Why should I have to apologize for the monster I've become? Nobody has ever apologized for making me this way" meme, I'm going to punch them in the throat.

No, f*cking seriously. Three people I know--one of which I can't delete from FB, because she's extended family-- have posted this. More sickening still? All three of them are deluded into thinking they are, "bad-ass b*tches" of one kind, or another.

A bad-ass doesn't shirk the responsibility of the person they've become onto the shoulders of others, or blame it on the events of their past. It's okay to still be hurt by those things, to still be angry, even--but it just doesn't f*cking fly with me, when you supposed, "untouchable bad-asses" are suddenly giving power to those who hurt you by saying they "made" you that way.

B*tch, please! No one made you that way--you chose to be that way, because you believe they're responsible, when in fact the only thing they are responsible for is what they put you through--how you reacted to those situations is ON YOU.

Oh, and couple this with the fact that I know at least two out of the three people who posted this don't even know what it means to truly suffer, and you've got a veritable explosion on your hands; I know, and having been a victim various times throughout my life, I refuse to remain one. Why people choose to remain a victim long after it's done, and then to victimize other people (while blaming it on the people who originally victimized them) the same way, is beyond me.

Okay, I'm going to stop, now. I can feel a vein throbbing in my head...I don't know why this angered me as much as it did--but it really, really did.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
If one more person posts that, "Why should I have to apologize for the monster I've become? Nobody has ever apologized for making me this way" meme, I'm going to punch them in the throat.

No, f*cking seriously. Three people I know--one of which I can't delete from FB, because she's extended family-- have posted this. More sickening still? All three of them are deluded into thinking they are, "bad-ass b*tches" of one kind, or another.

A bad-ass doesn't shirk the responsibility of the person they've become onto the shoulders of others, or blame it on the events of their past. It's okay to still be hurt by those things, to still be angry, even--but it just doesn't f*cking fly with me, when you supposed, "untouchable bad-asses" are suddenly giving power to those who hurt you by saying they "made" you that way.

B*tch, please! No one made you that way--you chose to be that way, because you believe they're responsible, when in fact the only thing they are responsible for is what they put you through--how you reacted to those situations is ON YOU.

Oh, and couple this with the fact that I know at least two out of the three people who posted this don't even know what it means to truly suffer; I know, and having been a victim various times, I refuse to remain one. Why people choose to remain a victim long after it's done, and then to victimize other people (while blaming it on the people who originally victimized them) the same way, is beyond me.

Okay, I'm going to stop, now. I can feel a vein throbbing in my head...I don't know why this angered me as much as it did--but it really, really did.

That's deeper than the oceans.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
So far, one complaint about SoM:

Sometimes I'll go to a Vendetta mission, and I'll kill the assigned captain and leave, and then be told "mission failed" because I didn't kill the guy. YES I FUQING DID

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Pfft, ranting thinking thread. As if I think. Thinking is overrated. We should all stop doing it and just become mindless zombies like the ones out of, well, every zombie movie out there I guess?

Do you know what a guestion is? It's when you kind off guess your own answer in the question itself. Just, why?

Okay, begin rant.

People are becoming so easily offended these days. And seem to think that they have to constantly defend themselves. It's not the fact of the arguing that is the main issue. The ones doing it know they are doing it and even clearly state that they are doing it. So what, that means it's okay? That's some messed up logic. That's like me being a douche muffin to someone whilst letting them know I am being an ass. That makes no sense. Pointing out that you argue and pointing out that it happens does nothing. Because you're just admitting that it happens. It's what does happen. It's something that won't change. And yeah a lot of that is true, but do you know the one thing that doesn't make that right? Whether or not arguing is going to happen, it does not give anyone the right to think it's okay just because it's a normal thing that is going to happen anyway. Because that just gives people the impression that they don't need to change themselves or that it's okay when it isn't.

There are a lot of people here who can have decent conversations without feeling the need to cause arguements. What makes me laugh is that whoever is arguing will try to defend why it isn't THEM that is arguing etc You wouldn't argue with yourself. And obviously it's clear to say that you are wrong and so is whoever else, because both are in the wrong in that case. Nobody is immune from the rules, but there are those that kind of think that certain rules don't apply to them.

When are some people going to wake up and realise that life is too short to just sit there and argue. I'm sick of sifting through pages and pages of two, maybe three people going at each others throats. I mean, really? Is that normal behaviour. Is it acceptable? No. Why do some find the need to keep going back for more of the fight, but cry that they are the victim. That's a contrast. You can't attack someone else just as bad but say you weren't wrong. You were the innocent victim. Nobody is immune from prosecution. Everybody is equal. And everybody has an opinion that matters. But it does not make that opinion the best thing since sliced bread. Nobody is above anyone else on a heirachy of who is wrong and right when we are all equal.

I wish sense would go into the brains of some people. Because you can just walk away from a fight. Or try to be grown up enough to not try to start or continue one in the first place.

K, I'm done.

Top Bottom