• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I love apocolypse thoerys me and my friends always have an annual "not the end of the world party" on the scheduled dates we have a big one planned but the world will end in 2012, which we all know, the only question is how?

Weather flux, meteor, giant killer robots, aliens etc...

I think demons in the sky, but a lot of my friends think zombie holocaust. Oh yeah and don't just say nuclear war, cause that could never happen...geez.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
^Can I join your party SpawnShooter?
I don't know what this... obsession is with the topic discussed (i can't say it, it scares the hell outta me).
Do these ppl look forward to it or what? I just don't understand.
Mr. Langdon posted about the May 21st thing on his FB page... only to respond 'Its BS'.
Then again if we are attacked by demons, at least we'll have Reuben Langdon to sort them out ;) (Make a joke out of it... that's how i cope)

SpawnShooter

^Can I join your party SpawnShooter?
I don't know what this... obsession is with the topic discussed (i can't say it, it scares the hell outta me).
Do these ppl look forward to it or what? I just don't understand.
Mr. Langdon posted about the May 21st thing on his FB page... only to respond 'Its BS'.
Then again if we are attacked by demons, at least we'll have Reuben Langdon to sort them out ;) (Make a joke out of it... that's how i cope)

Of course you can VB! :D

it's quite funny actually cause I'm staying up at my dads' this weekend and that usually is like the end of the world ;)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Not another end of the world thing?

Look, we ain't getting out of anything that easy. XD

Just a question Lexy. You're a very logical person, how come you don't believe any of that stuff, whereas the likes of myself lose bowel control and suddenly its brown trousers time?
(Not literally, it's just a metaphor)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Just a question Lexy. You're a very logical person, how come you don't believe any of that stuff, whereas the likes of myself lose bowel control and suddenly its brown trousers time?
(Not literally, it's just a metaphor)

I am pretty logical, yea. I don't believe these things because nobody's come up with a proper believable reason why everything would suddenly come to an end on a particular date in a dramatic way. There have been predictions about the world ending before and they've all been wrong, so I'm not going to believe any one of them without some decent evidence.

But I guess it depends on the definition of 'end of the world'. I do believe the world WILL end some day, as in the Earth will be swallowed by our sun when it burns up so much of its existing fuel that its gravity can't stop it from expanding... and that will be the end of our world as we know it unless we manage to escape this planet and found colonies somewhere else (if that is even possible). Astronomers can see stars exploding in distant galaxies and know that stars explode. They have so much evidence of that from all the billions of visible stars out there we can see with the telescopes that are all in different stages of what looks like an identical life-cycle, so they're all pretty much the same - they're born and eventually they die and collapse through different phases, so it's logical our sun will do that as well, and it'll take half the solar system when it does. So I believe that, but it's so far ahead into the future it's not even worth thinking about as a problem.

I guess old religions and cultures appreciated that everything has a beginning and an end, so logically they too assumed the world would end some day. They didn't know about the physical workings of the sun so they never attributed the end of the world to that, but to other things that humans understand. Some are religious ideas, and since I'm agnostic but don't really buy into the idea of fire and brimstone and judgement day wars, I just think these are stories made up that are always meant to be 'in the future' or an impending threat. I honestly think people love to believe that they live in the worst of times, no matter what time period they live in and are always afraid they're going to see the end of the world. But I doubt it! Look at this quote attributed to Peter the Hermit, written in 1100 AD:

"...The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they knew everything, and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for the girls, they are forward, immodest and unladylike in speech, behavior and dress."

People are still thinking that nowadays, thinking things were obviously so much better in the past and these days everything is falling apart! It's just people's naturally fatalistic attitude and instinctive fears. I'm pretty sure things are much better now that they have ever been for the human race, with our technology and comforts and medical advances, but we're unable to see it easily. We always look for doom and gloom and we're always being told by someone that our world is doomed... terrorists, nuclear war, global warming, swine flu, pollution... you name it, and we do know how silly people can be about the things they believe in. None of those things will be the absolute end of our world, I'm absolutely certain. We humans may have our flaws but we will find ways to survive these things, or to master them. We're not always the wisest species but I do think if something truly threatened our existence we would work together to fix it. After all, you can see it inherent in people during natural disasters and other kinds of disaster - their will to survive comes through in times of danger, and also the will to help others, even complete strangers to survive as well. I think when we have no danger people tend to fall back into doom mode, but when things are threatening us all we have hope and courage.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ugh, this picture turned out so bad...! I wanted her to look normal, not pregnant with goddamn twins or something... *sigh* At least she's fairly beautiful.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That's a very logical answer, and weirdly enough has made me feel a little better.
Thanks Lexy.

No problem. =)

There's an awful lot more logical evidence for the world continuing for many billions of years to come than all ending in the blink of an eye because some dude in New York says so. ;)

Meg

No problem. =)

There's an awful lot more logical evidence for the world continuing for many billions of years to come than all ending in the blink of an eye because some dude in New York says so. ;)
Especially since the dude in New York predicted the end of the world before and was wrong. ;)

M

Mishka

Why weren't you here when I really needed you?
You just walked away and My days will be black.
I don't believe in the words like alone is strongest
Stop complaining about how I feel
You don't need to listen
If this bothers you cuz
I never asked or beged you
To even listen to this
It is your own choice
So why are you reading now and why are you reading it finished?

OH **** **** *** right now? just right now??????????????? YOU **** ********
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

M

Mishka

I cried 1 h.. front the comp and didn't wanna see anything..
I had to close it and i layed down... crying myself to sleep..
My worst night... I just wanted you to answer...

SpawnShooter

Avatar, The Dark Knight, Inception.....3 examples of films that are the greatest movies ever made or so everyone seemed to claim for the first 6 months they were released, I find it funny how no one ever mentions them, or seems to own them, it's ok I tell them though, you can get these mediocre films for £3.50 pre-owned down at the local Blockbuster right now, don't worry though they have a lot of copies so no rush, what classics!

Man people need to stop being sheep and grow an opinion honestly.

Reactions: Meg

aka958

Don't trust people
Hell with LoL! It's annoying! "Server is full" every second time I try to log in. Screw that, I'm getting HoN soon anyway so LoL will be left out cold for a while.

M

Mishka

Hell with LoL! It's annoying! "Server is full" every second time I try to log in. Screw that, I'm getting HoN soon anyway so LoL will be left out cold for a while.

I agree with you bro... I hate lol, but i have no idea what your ****ed over. But i try.

Top Bottom