• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
So I like this girl right, but I know she doesn't feel the same way. (Although at times she says and does stuff that makes me wonder) I would be smart to walk away and drop it. But my logic doesn't feel, like my spandex dressed heart does... I could tell her how I feel but that won't change anything, that will probably make things awkward. (Walk away SRS, walk away and buy that Wii U, do it!)
That's all I got. :eek:
Don't walk away. I was in that situation once. What I did was treat her like a normal but special friend and if there was the chance to flirt, then I'd take it. But I tried not to treat it like a relationship yet so I tried not to care as much. So I did what I wanted and was happy. So if you want to buy the Wii U, then get that Wii U! And get Bayonetta 2.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@Sparda's rejected son

She's teasing you bro. It's that false hope that makes the rejection all the sweeter when she finally does turn you down eventually.

Trust me, I've been through it myself. This one girl um... more or less "confirmed" things to me once, only to find her calling her ex the next day.

Yeah. I still remember, even after all this time.

Unforgivable.

I know it's easier said than done (believe me, I know) but move on. Not to make her jealous, but so that you don't get so hung up on her.

Find someone almost as good, just as good, or even better, if at all possible.

Just... get out of there, as fast as you can. Take it from me, this is a really bad place to be, in any circumstance.

Exejpgwmv

From Mr.Internet goer who shall go un-named:
"Feminism is:
1. Communism with tits.
2. The biggest sh!t test that women have ever unleashed upon unattractive men.
3. A sexual trade union for those women with low sexual market value.
4. A lesbian attempt at the subjugation of men"

Me: Oh, so you dislike feminism because you believe in a bunch of sexist and homophobic stereotypes?o_O

(And he's not even trolling.)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Dad isn't going to stop looking at my diary and I didn't get a birthday card from my Uncle and Auntie... *sigh* I'm too tired to rant... I'm running out of hiding places and it was obvious she was going to turn into a b*tch that hated his family (it's something that I've seen coming since the day he introduced us to her). *sarcasm* Goodnight Vienna :sleep:

Exejpgwmv

Dad isn't going to stop looking at my diary and I didn't get a birthday card from my Uncle and Auntie... *sigh* I'm too tired to rant... I'm running out of hiding places and it was obvious she was going to turn into a b*tch that hated his family (it's something that I've seen coming since the day he introduced us to her). *sarcasm* Goodnight Vienna :sleep:
Why not just put it under you while you sleep?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

Is there anywhere you can hide it that he wouldn't look? :S

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Something's been bugging me for quite some time now. I'm not usually the one to brag about it but, I am a pretty badass artist. From creating a mascot for a local business to even selling tattoo designs to shops and of course working on just tons of random art pieces and comics, I can hold my own when it comes to drawing. However, I am also sometimes the textbook definition of a starving artist to be honest.

Besides working a part time job and other odd jobs I sometimes sell my stuff on the side for a tiny bit of extra profit. It still is a long a grueling process though especially when you're trying to save up to move out and get a lease on an apartment and you also have to basically get stuff you need because no one else really helps you with it.

I do all this and then I see a friend of mine who is also a great artist no doubt about it but, he ask for money all the time from people to the point where I just don't think it's right.

He doesn't live on his own and has never worked a day in his life. He draws anthromorphic animals all day every day basically for people who he charges $50 a sketch for. Like dude, I don't want to sound rude but I can draw things better than you and I don't even charge more than $20 for a piece depending on what it is. Hell, I do a lot of drawings for people just because I want to for free and granted this has come back to bite me when I could have used the extra cash but, I feel good enough in knowing people enjoy my art.

This guy on the other hand asked for donations all the time. Whether it's to get premium deviantart accounts renewed or to buy himself a new webcam or clothes. He turns to people who keep throwing their money at them for a drawing of a furry I've seen others quite frankly do better.

I just can't bring myself to ask for that kind of money from people just because I want a new shirt or a couple of movies. I wouldn't feel right. And the effed up part about it all is that I swear he NEVER spends any of his own money on this stuff.

I can understand asking for donations to continue providing work for your fans but, if you're buying personal items don't go to these people like they are your own personal piggy banks. That ain't cool man. Yet, it's still an enigma because they are basically getting ripped off and blindly give it to him. Yea, he's not a bad guy and can be a good friend but, that just ain't right man. At least to me.

I struggle every day trying to save up funds to b more financially stable yet this guy does nothing but draw and be lazy and he's totally fine. *sigh* Am I jealous? Maybe but, it's my personal morals that's keeping me from doing that to the people who enjoy my artwork. I couldn't ask for someone to break their wallet taking advantage of the fact they need someone to sometimes do some art for them.

It's art, payment enough to me anyway can be a pat on the back and a simple good job. I would only feel regret if I over charged for a piece of artwork just because I knew I can.

Sure, I need to start really cracking down on my savings and get the lease done but, I just can't bring myself to make something I enjoy doing and sharing a cheap tactic to earn a quick buck.

:unsure:

Exejpgwmv

I am now terrified if this man is not trolling.(Mostly because I don't think he is.)
A quote from Mr.Internet goer who shall go un-named(Yes it's the same guy.):
"It is hard for me to believe that you want me to "cite sources" concerning the fact that, from the beginning of time, men have been workhorses for women and children. I thought that was common knowledge.
Or do you deny that every king, Caesar, and military conqueror in history did what he did in order to put his accomplishments on a resume when submitting his sexual application to a woman (metaphorically speaking)? Do you deny that every single piece of technology that was ever invented by men was done so in order to impress women and get laid?
"

I think this speaks for itself.
You know, deep down, I knew people like this existed. It's just that conversing with them is unlike anything I've experienced in my short life.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I am now terrified if this man is not trolling.(Mostly because I don't think he is.)
A quote from Mr.Internet goer who shall go un-named(Yes it's the same guy.):
"It is hard for me to believe that you want me to "cite sources" concerning the fact that, from the beginning of time, men have been workhorses for women and children. I thought that was common knowledge.
Or do you deny that every king, Caesar, and military conqueror in history did what he did in order to put his accomplishments on a resume when submitting his sexual application to a woman (metaphorically speaking)? Do you deny that every single piece of technology that was ever invented by men was done so in order to impress women and get laid?
"

I think this speaks for itself.
You know, deep down, I knew people like this existed. It's just that conversing with them is unlike anything I've experienced in my short life.
I think it's just in my head but he sounds like a politician.

Exejpgwmv

Something's been bugging me for quite some time now. I'm not usually the one to brag about it but, I am a pretty badass artist. From creating a mascot for a local business to even selling tattoo designs to shops and of course working on just tons of random art pieces and comics, I can hold my own when it comes to drawing. However, I am also sometimes the textbook definition of a starving artist to be honest.

Besides working a part time job and other odd jobs I sometimes sell my stuff on the side for a tiny bit of extra profit. It still is a long a grueling process though especially when you're trying to save up to move out and get a lease on an apartment and you also have to basically get stuff you need because no one else really helps you with it.

I do all this and then I see a friend of mine who is also a great artist no doubt about it but, he ask for money all the time from people to the point where I just don't think it's right.

He doesn't live on his own and has never worked a day in his life. He draws anthromorphic animals all day every day basically for people who he charges $50 a sketch for. Like dude, I don't want to sound rude but I can draw things better than you and I don't even charge more than $20 for a piece depending on what it is. Hell, I do a lot of drawings for people just because I want to for free and granted this has come back to bite me when I could have used the extra cash but, I feel good enough in knowing people enjoy my art.

This guy on the other hand asked for donations all the time. Whether it's to get premium deviantart accounts renewed or to buy himself a new webcam or clothes. He turns to people who keep throwing their money at them for a drawing of a furry I've seen others quite frankly do better.

I just can't bring myself to ask for that kind of money from people just because I want a new shirt or a couple of movies. I wouldn't feel right. And the effed up part about it all is that I swear he NEVER spends any of his own money on this stuff.

I can understand asking for donations to continue providing work for your fans but, if you're buying personal items don't go to these people like they are your own personal piggy banks. That ain't cool man. Yet, it's still an enigma because they are basically getting ripped off and blindly give it to him. Yea, he's not a bad guy and can be a good friend but, that just ain't right man. At least to me.

I struggle every day trying to save up funds to b more financially stable yet this guy does nothing but draw and be lazy and he's totally fine. *sigh* Am I jealous? Maybe but, it's my personal morals that's keeping me from doing that to the people who enjoy my artwork. I couldn't ask for someone to break their wallet taking advantage of the fact they need someone to sometimes do some art for them.

It's art, payment enough to me anyway can be a pat on the back and a simple good job. I would only feel regret if I over charged for a piece of artwork just because I knew I can.

Sure, I need to start really cracking down on my savings and get the lease done but, I just can't bring myself to make something I enjoy doing and sharing a cheap tactic to earn a quick buck.

That's not a problem, nor should it concern you.
That is what most people recognize as human empathy, and there is nothing wrong with having it.:laugh:

Last edited:

Exejpgwmv

Also, there is nothing wrong with making a job out of your hobby.
So don't worry about it, and doing so won't make you like the guy you mentioned.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also, there is nothing wrong with making a job out of your hobby.
So don't worry about it, and doing so won't make you like the guy you mentioned.
I know just a part of me wants to kind of call him out on this stuff he does because I'd only ask for donations if it was me working on a project I needed help finishing. Not just because I want to have extra money to go pick up that cool shirt I saw at the mall or something.

Exejpgwmv

I know just a part of me wants to kind of call him out on this stuff he does because I'd only ask for donations if it was me working on a project I needed help finishing. Not just because I want to have extra money to go pick up that cool shirt I saw at the mall or something.
That's a decision you have to make for yourself.

But, personally, I wouldn't.
Mostly because he's not really hurting people, seems to just be lazy and cheap :p

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sooooooooo people think I don't have anything going on in my life. I disagree because I have a job, I'm saving up, and I'm well off. It just seems like everyone's idea of having a life is going to bars and drinking until your silly in the pants. That's a life?
"Well how about College" they say, "I go to College" they say. I tried College and I didn't like it. I want to take another path in life.
I think I let people's words, notions and ideals hurt me too much.

Top Bottom