• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Why is it always that one chick giving me a b*tch face at the school? Seriously, I'm getting tired of her glaring at me when I drop off/pick up my daughter. One of these days, when she makes one of her passive-aggressive remarks (like this morning), I hope I figure out for sure whether it's directed at me. This isn't the first time she's muttered something as I've walked passed her that had me wondering who she was talking to/about.

I'm honestly trying to decide if I'd call her out on her bullsh*t, if I do happen to find out it is directed at me.

I'll probably just take the high road...as much as I'd just like to tell her to knock it off with her "high-school clique" crap. -_-
I'd like to think maybe she doesn't realise she's staring, or it's some kind of misunderstanding. But I've seen how parents are at school. Ones like that have nothing better to do than gossip at school gates while dropping off their children and act like it's high school all over again. They need to grow up; they're parents now and there's no going back from that. I guess some are just in denial and never grew up when they're being like that. Just because they have children doesn't mean they're mature in any way. I've seen adults act like children more than their actual children do. :tongue:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'd like to think maybe she doesn't realise she's staring, or it's some kind of misunderstanding. But I've seen how parents are at school. Ones like that have nothing better to do than gossip at school gates while dropping off their children and act like it's high school all over again. They need to grow up; they're parents now and there's no going back from that. I guess some are just in denial and never grew up when they're being like that. Just because they have children doesn't mean they're mature in any way. I've seen adults act like children more than their actual children do. :tongue:

The dirty looks (or whatever they are, in her case) have been sporadic, but fairly frequent for the last year, or so. I think I have a way to figure out whether her snide remarks are directed at me, or if she just so happens to be talking about someone else at the moment I walk passed her.

Usually when I go to pick Aurora up, I have my ear buds in; I listen to music while waiting, because I feel awkward, otherwise. I think it's my way of coping with being stuck in one spot, surrounded by people I don't know. Next time, I'll still have them in-but the music will be off.

I still don't know what I'll do, should I find out her immature b.s. is intended for me (not very subtle, if it is), but at least it will give me the chance to figure it out.

Honestly though, I just don't get why they're like that; I may not start a conversation with anyone there, but it's not like I'm a stuck-up bitch if someone talks to me, lol. With my luck, that's probably her damage with me. I honestly don't care what she thinks-I'm just getting tired of those looks. :/ It's like walking into hostile territory, there.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Give her a big smile next time; maybe it will confuse her:laugh: Failing that, it might get her talking to you or be the start of a friendship.

I had a situation sort of like that at university one year. There was this girl in my Shakespearean lectures who kept looking at me in an odd way for about half the semester.
By chance, we met ouside lectures and I smiled at her just to be friendly and got talking to her about the upcoming exam. She made a comment that it was the first time she had seen me smile and that she had been intimidated by me before. I had no idea that I was giving off that kind of look.:blush: From that, we became friends.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The dirty looks (or whatever they are, in her case) have been sporadic, but fairly frequent for the last year, or so.
Is she old and moldy? Does she have wrinkles? Is she one of those mums who go totally out of their way to dress up just to pick up their kids? If so, I reckon it's jealousy.
If she's like a real mum who dresses modestly-to-slothish, she's probably scared of you.
Either that or there's something up with her kid and yours, so maybe ask your girl who's mum that is and have a chat on your way home. It may reveal something, it may not.

But I'm totally one of those mums who just awkwardly stand either a distance from the other parents or I'm right up front there pushing my nose against the window to see where my kids are and what they're doing. At the previous school, there were at least a couple of ladies who chatted with me on occasion. This school, I may as well be invisible, which is exactly what I like. I don't like being approached by strangers and forcing small talk. I'd rather stand aside and observe until I can place what kind of people they are and whether we'll get on or not. Then I'll take the first step to say wassup. But I'm often late because people don't seem to understand that I have to pick my kids up from school so they have these therapy sessions until half an hour before school comes out. It takes me up to twenty minutes travel time. Like. Urgh.

CR: Oh. Therapy.
I don't like this new psychiatrist. She tried to make me feel stupid and belittled when she rung me up this week.
The conversation kinda went like this:

Her: I've left you a voice message on your phone earlier this week to ring me back. Is there any reason you haven't?

Me: Uh *staring accusingly at mobile phone and wishing I could actually remember things* yeah....I....did you really? I can't remember if you did.

Her: *defensively* Yes, I did. Now about today. Why didn't you make it to group therapy?

Me: Oh, yeah, I'm *thinking that I use the term 'sick' way too often to tell my family when I've hit another really low point, but I don't use that term with the therapists so when I say I'm sick, I mean I'm actually physically sick, which just made me pause for like three seconds before saying it*.... sick. It's probably a tummy bug so-

Her: Really? Are you sure it's not just nerves about the group today?

Me:...*thinking, shut your ****ing attitude lady, I don't give an f about what people at the group think of me, I'm not there for them or you or me, I'm there for my family, so yeah, when I say my anxiety level is an 8 at group, I'm basically saying I'm not 100% whether I'm going to throw myself through that window or walk out at random without a word because therapy is brutal, this thing won't let me go, so I don't trust what I'll do if it hits me hard while I'm at group, that is the root of my anxiety, you know-it-all* Yes, really, it's a stomach virus.

The fact that this lady thinks she knows better/doesn't believe what I have to say, already tells me this is probably going to be a horrible idea. I'm not looking forward to seeing her this afternoon. Hopefully things go well, but if they don't, this will be our first and last appointment together.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
If she's like a real mum who dresses modestly-to-slothish, she's probably scared of you.
Either that or there's something up with her kid and yours, so maybe ask your girl who's mum that is and have a chat on your way home. It may reveal something, it may not.

I don't think it's fear, lol. She always looks ****ed off when we make eye-contact...I could actually kick myself, because I instinctively break it right away. I hate it...I wouldn't doubt if she thinks I'm afraid of her. :facepalm: Our kids aren't in the same class, so unless something happened during recess, no idea. You'd think if it was an issue of that nature, she'd approach me, but meh; hard to say.

But I'm totally one of those mums who just awkwardly stand either a distance from the other parents or I'm right up front there pushing my nose against the window to see where my kids are and what they're doing. At the previous school, there were at least a couple of ladies who chatted with me on occasion. This school, I may as well be invisible, which is exactly what I like. I don't like being approached by strangers and forcing small talk. I'd rather stand aside and observe until I can place what kind of people they are and whether we'll get on or not. Then I'll take the first step to say wassup.

Sh*t, we could be twins. :p That's me, more or less; I do say hi to the odd person there if I see them (currently only two, since the third moved away), and I've made small talk with a couple of others (only to end up never talking again, because of how ridiculously out of sorts it made me feel), but yeah, for the most part, I just stand alone. I think I'm getting paranoid, because this chick was a little ways to my right, and another group a little to my left...and this left side group literally all looked at me at the same time (men and women, here), and moved away.

This was this afternoon.

What. The. Hell? My first thought was, "Oh f*ck, please don't let there be a wasp buzzing around me", lol. But...I don't know. I'm just going to assume that had nothing to do with me, and that they were looking passed me at something else...

I'm the same; I don't mind talking to people, once I've figured out if we click (I've had my fair share of epic fails in that regard), but if I try chatting with someone I barely know, it involves making a complete ass of myself. >.< I guess I've started regressing back into some of that childhood shyness...damn, lol.

CR: Oh. Therapy.
I don't like this new psychiatrist. She tried to make me feel stupid and belittled when she rung me up this week.
The conversation kinda went like this:

Her: I've left you a voice message on your phone earlier this week to ring me back. Is there any reason you haven't?

Me: Uh *staring accusingly at mobile phone and wishing I could actually remember things* yeah....I....did you really? I can't remember if you did.

Her: *defensively* Yes, I did. Now about today. Why didn't you make it to group therapy?

Me: Oh, yeah, I'm *thinking that I use the term 'sick' way too often to tell my family when I've hit another really low point, but I don't use that term with the therapists so when I say I'm sick, I mean I'm actually physically sick, which just made me pause for like three seconds before saying it*.... sick. It's probably a tummy bug so-

Her: Really? Are you sure it's not just nerves about the group today?

Me:...*thinking, shut your ******* attitude lady, I don't give an f about what people at the group think of me, I'm not there for them or you or me, I'm there for my family, so yeah, when I say my anxiety level is an 8 at group, I'm basically saying I'm not 100% whether I'm going to throw myself through that window or walk out at random without a word because therapy is brutal, this thing won't let me go, so I don't trust what I'll do if it hits me hard while I'm at group, that is the root of my anxiety, you know-it-all* Yes, really, it's a stomach virus.

The fact that this lady thinks she knows better/doesn't believe what I have to say, already tells me this is probably going to be a horrible idea. I'm not looking forward to seeing her this afternoon. Hopefully things go well, but if they don't, this will be our first and last appointment together.

Ugh...I don't blame you. I hope it goes well for you, but if not, I hope you're able to find a therapy group that does some good for you. Man, she sounds like quite the condescending bitch; you're a better woman than I; I think I would have told her off. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sigh. Everyone and their mother keeps finding me on a certain network and its getting annoying! Yet I can not decline them because, well..... I'm not really sure why I keep welcoming them! But now my personal "blog" can't be personal anymore! They can comment on stuff. I had to delete a lot of stuff (not because its bad) but because folks comment on my nerdy-ness.
Granted its not over the top nerdy-ness but everything brings forth a comment.Sure I can hide my stuff but honestly, if I'm posting it on the Internet than privacy is not my issue. Its people not understanding that their is more to life than "getto" things. That's another thing that is bothering me. Everything around me is "getto"! Where is the class? Where?!

Also I've had it up to here - with woman saying "I want to find a good man." Here is why. I was raised to believe that if you look, and smell good, make decent to great money, and treat women kindly and with respect than you are a catch to woman. That is all bull!
Women (from what I've seen) want the "bad boy", the guy who can't spell his name quite right. The guy who can sing every 2-Pac song perfectly. The guy who says off hand comments to them and bangs them leaving them fatherless mothers. THIS madness is what women want!
Now if the man has money than that's just gravy! Women don't want the nice guy, not at all. Maybe we are to boring or "perfect" for them? Maybe I am chasing after the wrong woman all together! But being a half breed in a Hispanic/Black area leaves me little in my women choices. Plus from what I've seen "white boys" don't seem to be big on women's date list these days. Having no tattoos doesn't help me either.
Somehow in this bizarre world if I had a tattoo I'd probably have @ss falling from the sky! Freaking crazy!
Not to mention all they do is drink and/or smoke?! I don't do that stuff nor will I! Yet I'm accused of having no life! I'm so angry and upset that this is what I have to deal with everyday!

I would like to point out that all women are NOT like this. I've based these thoughts off the observations I've made in my area. So at most I'm saying the women in my area are of this nature. Also if I spelled "2-Pac" my bad. I'm not into his music and yeah....

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
--snipsnip--

Is there anyway to get a new therapist? My therapist used to be b*tchy like that so I walked out on her for good. >_> Mum did the same with one of hers. Honestly, there's no point in suffering just cuz some woman's on a power trip. =( *would offer a poking stick, but has a feeling that's not entirely legal*

Also I've had it up to here - with woman saying "I want to find a good man." Here is why. I was raised to believe that if you look, and smell good, make decent to great money, and treat women kindly and with respect than you are a catch to woman. That is all bull!
Women (from what I've seen) want the "bad boy", the guy who can't spell his name quite right. The guy who can sing every 2-Pac song perfectly. The guy who says off hand comments to them and bangs them leaving them fatherless mothers. THIS madness is what women want!
Now if the man has money than that's just gravy! Women don't want the nice guy, not at all. Maybe we are to boring or "perfect" for them? Maybe I am chasing after the wrong woman all together! But being a half breed in a Hispanic/Black area leaves me little in my women choices. Plus from what I've seen "white boys" don't seem to be big on women's date list these days. Having no tattoos doesn't help me either.
Somehow in this bizarre world if I had a tattoo I'd probably have @ss falling from the sky! Freaking crazy!
Not to mention all they do is drink and/or smoke?! I don't do that stuff nor will I! Yet I'm accused of having no life! I'm so angry and upset that this is what I have to deal with everyday!

I would like to point out that all women are NOT like this. I've based these thoughts off the observations I've made in my area. So at most I'm saying the women in my area are of this nature. Also if I spelled "2-Pac" my bad. I'm not into his music and yeah....

Just to be fair, wait until these chicks are a little older or have learned their lessons with bad boys. ;) A lot of girls grow out of it.

Rant:
Dude. ಠ_ಠ What is with all the friggen crows in this neighborhood. Stop stalking me. ಠ_ಠ
+ Also, creepy dudes in restaurants, please stop staring at me. ._.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
The comment section on that Eliot Rodger's video on youtube is f*cking disgusting. I've never seen so many people telling women to "put out" more, even if that means they have to get raped.
I know! But the dude himself was....yeah. If he really does have Aspergers as rumour has it, then I can understand his mindset. He obviously doesn't know how the world works, and that's a harsh lesson for anyone to learn. If he's not an aspie, however, then I'd say it sounds like he has a mix of a god-complex and serious mommy issues. Both which could easily be prevented via good parenting (why yes, I am once again putting the blame on the parents!)
Which is sad, really. My first thought was that he was pretty good looking. Then he started the body language that screams out INFLATED EGO. Which is why I don't get it. If he's been shunned for so long by the female race, he shouldn't have the confidence to even have an ego. He should be a mess, not some cocky self-absorbed kid.
I mean how long has he been at college? A week? Two weeks?
Still, either way, I feel really sorry for him, and for everyone affected by his actions.

Is there anyway to get a new therapist? My therapist used to be b*tchy like that so I walked out on her for good. >_> Mum did the same with one of hers. Honestly, there's no point in suffering just cuz some woman's on a power trip. =( *would offer a poking stick, but has a feeling that's not entirely legal*

I probably could but I'd go on another waiting list for 4 months again. I had Jon go with me for support so she wasn't too bad. Think I'll be dragging him along with me from now on.

Good rant: NYA I had the Dante look-alike at the shops as my cashier a wee while ago. Didn't freak out at the time because I wasn't all that into Dante (or anything really) at that time in my life. But now I'm kinda I NEED TO GO BACK TO THE SHOPS NAO SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
I don't understand why I have to feel so guilty about myself. I view all the other people on my campus and sometimes wonder why I can't be like them. I'm extremely childish and I can't accept that fact. How does one mature? I can't take things seriously and the guilt is eating away at me. What is wrong with me?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The comment section on that Eliot Rodger's video on youtube is f*cking disgusting. I've never seen so many people telling women to "put out" more, even if that means they have to get raped.
Agreed. Society doesn't help when it sells with sex and says that everyone should have it. It's reinforced at school and college that people should have sex or else they are abnormal. It's a problem waiting to happen.

Society is just weird. There's still the idea that women should not have much sex, but guys should because male virginity is shameful. Yet guys say they wouldn't sleep with a women who has lots of partners, even if they themselves have. So men should be 'experienced' but women who are the same are sluts.:facepalm:
So, how is a guy going to lose his virginity when women are told not to? It's so contradictory. :rolleyes:

Sure, I can see why those rules were in place back in the day. No birth control would mean unwanted babies all over the place and no idea who the father is, not to mention sexual diseases. But these days, most of that can be avoided with care and birth control.

Anyway. It's only a small number of guys who feel so entitled to women and sex because of the messages in society that they use violence to get it. Not evey guy is a nutcase rapist waiting to happen; but comments like those on youtube are worrying. I'm just hoping they're trolls and not more nutjobs blaming everything else but themselves for the lack of women and sex in their lives.

I know! But the dude himself was....yeah. If he really does have Aspergers as rumour has it, then I can understand his mindset.
I hope they don't pin aspergers on him as part of the cause for his rampage. There are already comments about people with aspergers and autism being dangerous. People like that even being associeated with those are giving a bad image. This guy is going to become a poster boy for aspergers/ autism= socially maladjusted, dangerous killer, which is wrong.

He obviously doesn't know how the world works, and that's a harsh lesson for anyone to learn. If he's not an aspie, however, then I'd say it sounds like he has a mix of a god-complex and serious mommy issues. Both which could easily be prevented via good parenting (why yes, I am once again putting the blame on the parents!)
Which is sad, really. My first thought was that he was pretty good looking. Then he started the body language that screams out INFLATED EGO. Which is why I don't get it. If he's been shunned for so long by the female race, he shouldn't have the confidence to even have an ego. He should be a mess, not some cocky self-absorbed kid.
I mean how long has he been at college? A week? Two weeks?
Still, either way, I feel really sorry for him, and for everyone affected by his actions.
I know a young woman with aspergers and she doesn't think she has a right to guys. She's knows she's awkward around them and fills her time with other things instead. But the difference between her and that guy is that she has real friends and a really supportive family. This guy had none of that by the sounds of it.

The guy is just a spoiled brat, thinking he's entitled to everything, and wonders how anyone could possibly dare to turn him down. :rolleyes:
He thinks money, private school, cars and designer clothing make him special and better than anyone else. What is he, 14 years old?
Parents bought him things, probably under the misguided idea of giving him what they never had, thinking that was showing him love.
Clearly there was something wrong with him; bad parenting, spoiled, sense of entitlement and ego. He didn't get what he wanted, so he told himself it was nothing to do with him and blamed everyone else.

He looks good but still girls won't be with him. Well, that is rather telling, isn't it. I guess they didn't want to be with a monster who thought he was entitled to their bodies, who thought flashy cars and money were all it took to get a girl. He was clearly a disturbed fruitcake and thank goodness no girl dated him. Who knows what he could've done if she had broken up with him or even talked to another guy. This nutjob was a ticking bomb waiting to explode.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm sorry, but some part of you must be saying that he ISN'T going to change. No matter whatever goes on or wherever we live! I'm sick of saying it to you.
Speaking of sick, his 'victim' attitude. It keeps giving me severe acid reflux... how I haven't got an ulcer yet is a fudging mystery...
I'm tired... :dead:

Maxman

I don't understand why I have to feel so guilty about myself. I view all the other people on my campus and sometimes wonder why I can't be like them. I'm extremely childish and I can't accept that fact. How does one mature? I can't take things seriously and the guilt is eating away at me. What is wrong with me?

You can Mature by playing ****loads of Max Payne 3 ;P

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Why, when it's miles from payday, does my kitchen decide to kill off my appliances? I just hope I can get a decent tumble dryer for a low price otherwise we are all going to be walking around in wet clothes...

Plus I need an SSD for my computer before it becomes slower than if it were operated by little hamsters in wheels...

Still have to pay for Jessica's trip to Newday this summer - plus food and travel expenses - then it's a new sleeping bag for her camping trip next week...

Spending money for Alton Towers is required, money to pay for dinner when we get there, my mother's birthday is at the end of the month and no doubt she'll want something obscure and likely unaffordable...

Jake's trains are draining my finances too but at the moment, the promise of a new train is the only thing keeping his violent behaviour mostly in check at school...

Good job I'm so damn good with money or it would be a nightmare keeping all this under control. Just a shame that the government believe that carers who are on the job 24/7 without a break should only be paid about £60 a week.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Bottom broken on garbage can leads to animals getting into garbage...

...and spreading it all over the goddamn place.

I'm livid. I cleaned up as much as possible....hopefully the weather does what it's threatening, and we get a damned downpour to clean up the stuff I couldn't scoop/pick up...

My gag reflex hates me, right now. :vomit:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
5p a bag? Are you telling me, that when I spend a shed load of money in Iceland (or another supermarket... that's if you can call Iceland a supermarket), and I've got quite a bit of food/drink to carry home, I will still have to pay 5p for a carrier bag (when I should be entitled to one)... you must be kidding... your 'last year' in government (providing most of the UK votes for someone else), and you're getting 'picky' over carrier bags... :facepalm:

Plus, whilst most of UK citizens are in poverty, our 'monarchy' can spend £3million on a fudging stage coach.
*sarcasm* Yay for priorities! :shifty:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
everyone has to compare things. why? its so ****ing pointless. i was talking with my friend the other day and he said "the amazing spider-man 2 is not a proper sequel. take captain america 2. THATS how a marvel movie is made". and speaking just in the comic book world for right now...why!?! spider-man and captain america are ****ing bananas and oranges. two totally different ****ing things. so is comparing DC to marvel. ok i get it. they both have superheros...aaaaaaaaannnd what? does that mean they HAVE to compete. i mean i get it. but why? its a pointless competition. because there are years where one sucks and the other is awesome and there are times where both just suck. now moving onto music. "the beatles totally beat the sex pistols"...APPLES AND ****ING GRAPES. how on earth does anyone try to compare these two? ****ing **** on my nipples. my god you're a ****. and please. for the love of god. and even things that are akin like DMC and DmC or obama and carter or even ****ing oranges and grapefruits...why? why can't we just accept that both are there, pull the dick out of our eyes and see that we're not always gonna ****ing like something. we'll always have our preferences. but bitching about it won't change or make it like something else that you like.

KRSkull

everyone has to compare things. why? its so ******* pointless. i was talking with my friend the other day and he said "the amazing spider-man 2 is not a proper sequel. take captain america 2. THATS how a marvel movie is made". and speaking just in the comic book world for right now...why!?! spider-man and captain america are ******* bananas and oranges. two totally different ******* things. so is comparing DC to marvel. ok i get it. they both have superheros...aaaaaaaaannnd what? does that mean they HAVE to compete. i mean i get it. but why? its a pointless competition. because there are years where one sucks and the other is awesome and there are times where both just suck. now moving onto music. "the beatles totally beat the sex pistols"...APPLES AND ******* GRAPES. how on earth does anyone try to compare these two? ******* **** on my nipples. my god you're a ****. and please. for the love of god. and even things that are akin like DMC and DmC or obama and carter or even ******* oranges and grapefruits...why? why can't we just accept that both are there, pull the **** out of our eyes and see that we're not always gonna ******* like something. we'll always have our preferences. but bitching about it won't change or make it like something else that you like.

I totally agree with you. and you know what is more annoying is that when people compare things like movies, videogames, music and even religion you never hear the words "they have that in common". People alwys look at the differences but never similarities.

Edit: I know that i am being an a****** by saying this. but whenever my mother calls me and says that she wants me to buy some grocary and she gives me a list of what to buy. this is i feel

Warning: this video contain Spoilers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom