• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I totally agree with you. and you know what is more annoying is that when people compare things like movies, videogames, music and even religion you never hear the words "they have that in common". People alwys look at the differences but never similarities.

Edit: I know that i am being an a****** by saying this. but whenever my mother calls me and says that she wants me to buy some grocary and she gives me a list of what to buy. this is i feel

Warning: this video contain Spoilers.

i heard cable say "fill my void wade...fill it with everything you have"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I really regret adding this person on facebook. All she does is send me messages either complaining or fishing for sympathy. I can't stand it anymore. At first I was trying to be sympathetic, but the more I learned about how she meesed up, the more I realise she's playing the victim and is never going to change.

She is a terrible parent and a terrible role model to her children. She should go out there and make something of her life instead of using children as an excuse.That shows how abysmal she is if she can't even be bothered to get a job to pay for her children. Relying on government handouts should not be a lifestyle choice or a 'career'. What sort of a role model is that?

There are people in the same circumstances as her and they hold down good jobs; yet she sits on her behind for five years and expects people like them and my parents to have 50% of their wages taken to pay for her laziness, lack of education and inability to do anything about her failure of a life.

There are people in wheelchairs and other disabilities that are willing and able to hold down jobs; yet she wastes her physical health by doing nothing and saying those people only got jobs to fulfil a disabled quota. At least those people are doing something that contributes to society, instead of popping out child after child that they can’t afford while using them as an excuse not to work. Sheesh, my friend with her autistic son still works, and she’s a single parent with a child who has special needs.
Children are not an excuse to be lazy. If you can’t afford them, don’t have them. She should buy some birth control instead and save everyone --especially the children-- a lot of trouble. Children are not a human right. They’re a darned big responsibility that she is ill-equipped for.

I can’t believe she’s still making excuses, moaning and complaining when the fault is all hers. It’s not my fault she hasn’t done anything with her life. She says she wants a big TV, then she should go out and earn the money to pay for it like everyone else. It’s pathetic. Jobseekers allowance and child benefit is not ‘earning money’, as puts it. That is called being a useless sponge when it has been going on for so long.

So, I'm going to bock her. I've had enough. She can go find someone else to whine to instead of trying to change her circumstances.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Ugh, I know the type Loopy. They're a f*cking blight on this earth. :/ Good on you; you don't need her negativity in your life.

I tried to sympathise. I thought something had gone seriously wrong out of her control for her to end up like that. But it turns out she messed herself up. The worse of it; she was given the same advantages as me. But she threw it all back at her parents and went down a really bad path.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
everyone has to compare things. why? its so ******* pointless. i was talking with my friend the other day and he said "the amazing spider-man 2 is not a proper sequel. take captain america 2. THATS how a marvel movie is made". and speaking just in the comic book world for right now...why!?! spider-man and captain america are ******* bananas and oranges. two totally different ******* things. so is comparing DC to marvel. ok i get it. they both have superheros...aaaaaaaaannnd what? does that mean they HAVE to compete. i mean i get it. but why? its a pointless competition. because there are years where one sucks and the other is awesome and there are times where both just suck. now moving onto music. "the beatles totally beat the sex pistols"...APPLES AND ******* GRAPES. how on earth does anyone try to compare these two? ******* **** on my nipples. my god you're a ****. and please. for the love of god. and even things that are akin like DMC and DmC or obama and carter or even ******* oranges and grapefruits...why? why can't we just accept that both are there, pull the **** out of our eyes and see that we're not always gonna ******* like something. we'll always have our preferences. but bitching about it won't change or make it like something else that you like.

Well, if those people have good arguments to support what they say, I don't see the problem. There's nothing wrong with comparing things, except for when holding one thing to the same standards as the other when that is not logically acceptable.

I heard that The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a 'disjointed plot' and possibly shallow characters. Since The Winter Soldier does not have that, I suppose that would be a good argument. But then, disjointed plots are never good, so the comparison is useless. Like I said a while ago in a different thread, it's not a good idea to introduce several characters in one movie, because it reduces the amount of time you can allocate to their backstories and other forms of character depth. If you can't emotionally relate to characters or feel any emotion when seeing them, that makes the emotional impact when they are defeated or when they win nearly nonexistent.
It's inherently useless, though, to compare one type of music to other forms of music. Like your example. Different music. Also, there are no standards for calling music 'good' or 'bad', aside from maybe a lack of technique. As in, if I were to just randomly bang on a xylophone, no tune in mind, then that can be considered bad.

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I just read that Ed Boon (creator of Mortal Kombat) says the 'x' in Mortal Kombat X should be pronounced 'ex'. Seriously? Why? He gives no reasons why. That game is the tenth installment in the MK series, and X is the Roman numeral for ten, so... you call it Mortal Kombat ten. There is no frickin' reason to call it 'ex'.
I saw the reveal video, and man, is Mortal Kombat getting more and more retarded, or is it just me? Fugly rap music on the background, and of course Scorpion and Sub-Zero have skull-like faces. -_-

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I just learned that somehow it's okay to hate people for hating things. That's right, people who hate things and show their hate by slinging insults and whatnot are wrong, but it's okay to hate them for not liking something? o_O Besides, what do you suppose people with anger should do? Should they just keep quiet and act like everything's alright? Should they just act like the souls of their favorite games are not being raped? Did we tell people who hated Resident Evil 6 to shut up? No, we told them to continue because they were right, and have the right to show their discontent. Anger and flaming/bashing or whatever holds a lot of power, whether we like it or not (and I don't particularly like it). That's all there is to it. Show developers that this bullsh*t is not being enjoyed. If the message is strong enough, they will receive it. Not completely apt, but anyway: ''Free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny''. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, UN Declaration of Rights. (Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri)

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
These game developers complaining/giving lame-ass excuses that creating female protagonists:

Can't *sell copies* like male protoganist (which is pure bullsh*t) Shall I go and make a list of games that flopped regardless of gender?
Double development efforts
Too hard to concept
Costumes
Animation redos
Too many emotions
Sensitive (facepalm)

What? If you probably stopped spending 6 million dollars to make one tit bounce this probably wouldn't be that big of an issue. You can make women stoic characters and leave the rest to interpretation as you do with the Y chromosome. The world of fantasy is broad. What's with all the keeping to the idealized traits instead of creating?

409613808.jpg

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I just read that Ed Boon (creator of Mortal Kombat) says the 'x' in Mortal Kombat X should be pronounced 'ex'. Seriously? Why? He gives no reasons why. That game is the tenth installment in the MK series, and X is the Roman numeral for ten, so... you call it Mortal Kombat ten. There is no frickin' reason to call it 'ex'.
I saw the reveal video, and man, is Mortal Kombat getting more and more retarded, or is it just me? Fugly rap music on the background, and of course Scorpion and Sub-Zero have skull-like faces. -_-

I have that thing with Street Fighter X Tekken. I thought it was 'x', but it turns out to be cross... I end up feeling like a twonk for saying 'x' when it's supposed to be 'cross'.
And I agree, Mortal Kombat Ten (X not 'ex').

CRT: Fudging power cable, why couldn't you be plugged into the other side (or back) of the laptop. How this thing hasn't corrupted yet is a mystery and a miracle.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
~~BUMP~~
For Fudge sake... You just had to start!
What's wrong, when someone is having a cr*p day, you have to cause an argument ON PURPOSE just so the attention goes to you?
And here's me wondering why I'm screwed in the fudging head!
I think she's got enough to cope with now without you starting...
You're a jealous, petty minded, ignorant little man... and you make me sick.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
After all week of trying, Fable Legends finally let me apply for the multiplayer beta~! YAYZ!!! *dances* But, like, dude...why'd it take so long? D: Dem feels.... *was about to be heartbroken* Maybe they got tired of me applying? Oh wells. YAY! *accomplished something even if she doesn't get selected*

/happyrant

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Double post ON PURPOSE because I'm such a rebel :3
Not really.
I was trying to find a new avatar on my PC and I accidentally FOUND ALL MY FANFICTIONS FROM YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!
HAAAAAA!
HAAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I WIN! For once you can KISS it, life!

Top Bottom