• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's incredibly stupid of them; it happens all the time-you can see endless examples of it in various games, anime, movies, and even music. In some cases, it's a subconscious thing, like being part of the fandom, so accidentally creating a character or a plot that is similar. In other cases, people have no knowledge of the character, plot, fandom, whatever, and it still happens-and neither case involves them "deliberately copying someone else".

*Hug* Don't listen to them; don't let them get under your skin. Which artwork is it, if I may ask? I don't know if I've ever seen your work, but I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Well, it's too late for that. I went along with it and removed it all from my gallery on FA... Though if you still want to see my characters, I have the artwork still on my computer. I could upload it to, say, postimg to show you.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Well, it's too late for that. I went along with it and removed it all from my gallery on FA... Though if you still want to see my characters, I have the artwork still on my computer. I could upload it to, say, postimg to show you.

FA? (Or was that a typo, intended as DA?)

And sure! That sounds good! Just inbox me the link, if you please. :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, apologies for being so busy!
Perhaps people like you are judgmental after all (even though you're not meant to be)... I suppose you expect that all people who are sick stay in all the time sat on their a$$e$. Truth is, sick people have A LOT of appointments to find out why they're sick... and there are more of those this week! So if you have a problem, that's tough because I have been waiting for these appointments for over a year and they're my priority (not your phone calls).

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
lXkskry.gif

http://unrealitymag.com/index.php/2014/05/16/does-it-hurt-when-they-come-out-every-time/

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Sweet Jesus family what's up with the negative vibes these past few days? Passive agressive rants about how you are the only one who does anything and cuts the grass and the like....First off all you need to do is ask and I'll give you a hand secondly, its just grass the world isn't going to end if it gets to be over four inches tall. Not to mention all of the other ranty rants you've all been ranting about....blerg I need some quiet.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sitting here crying. Being called a thief. Told I have to remove my artwork. A case of convergent character design and nothing more, but people won't listen. I'm a victim that looks like the bad guy.

No one cares how I feel, they just want to feel vindicated...
*huggles*
Everyone has to be a critic. Unless they have unfallible evidence to proof you've stolen anything, they can go sit in the **** corner. You ought to have trolled them and uploaded more art DT. I swear cyberbullies are even worse than rl bullies because you can't own them physically. But the worst response you can give them is to smile and carry on as you were. Even if you fake it. Nothing gets a bully more than being ignored.

CR: great now how am I supposed to get my money when nobody answers their bloody phones?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
*huggles*
Everyone has to be a critic. Unless they have unfallible evidence to proof you've stolen anything, they can go sit in the **** corner. You ought to have trolled them and uploaded more art DT. I swear cyberbullies are even worse than rl bullies because you can't own them physically. But the worst response you can give them is to smile and carry on as you were. Even if you fake it. Nothing gets a bully more than being ignored.

CR: great now how am I supposed to get my money when nobody answers their bloody phones?

The problem is that their character actually looked exactly like mine and they'd been around longer, so they thought I stole their character. I tried to explain myself but they just weren't having any of it, so I can no longer have his artwork up. :/ They brought a mod down on my head just to make sure.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Jake's annual review is in two hours.

A meeting where they will tell me how badly behaved he is at school and how I must be dropping the ball somehow at home.

Yeah, because there's no way he could possibly pick up any bad habits, language or other behaviours in a school full of disabled kids, right? I mean, it's impossible to think ANY child could ever be influenced by their peers. I mean, after all, the fact he has ASD, GDD and echolalia has absolutely NOTHING to do with his latest bout of difficulties. Clearly, I am sitting at home each day with a gigantic PECS board full of swear words and inappropriate behaviours for him to learn as soon as he gets home from school.

Note to self: ensure my severely disabled 4 year old gets plenty of crack and hookers over the half-term break. Wouldn't want to be accused of reinforcing good behaviour at home, now, would I?

:banghead:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Sigh so freaking sad right now now. I got laid off from my job. Because we needed to cut a few stores. I love how they say think of the penitent and we getting let go because of that. Sigh

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I read an article today about a young man who went on a killing spree. What caught my eye was that they were making a big deal about how the guy had aspergers, which then led people to make comments about how children with autism or aspergers were doomed to be sociopathic killers when they grew older.

So wrong on so many levels. But I've heard this kind of opinion before. There are even 'scholarly' reports saying that serial killers had autistic traits. Then there are articles saying they will never fit in with society and need lifetime care. Failing that, it's the 'idiot savant' idea.

Where do they get these ideas from? They're horrible. I seriously doubt my friend's son is going to be a killer when he is older. Sure, my friend is worried that as he becomes bigger his outbursts will be harder to manage, but he's not going to be a spree killer or something awful like that.

Way to stigmatise, stereotype and preach doom and gloom. Like my friend and her son need that. :thumbsdown:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's freezing outside.

Also not very happy that they're now doing studies on environmental influences as cause of autism.
Because that means I should have washed that apple more thoroughly.
That means I shouldn't have eaten that frozen dinner.
That means I shouldn't have gone to restaurants.
That means I am wholly responsible in my ignorance for my children walking on their toes and being slow.
So it is my fault.

On the upside, I'm planning on growing our own food from now on and going vegan.
Once, of course, the ministry effin pays me what they owe.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I read an article today about a young man who went on a killing spree. What caught my eye was that they were making a big deal about how the guy had aspergers, which then led people to make comments about how children with autism or aspergers were doomed to be sociopathic killers when they grew older.

So wrong on so many levels. But I've heard this kind of opinion before. There are even 'scholarly' reports saying that serial killers had autistic traits. Then there are articles saying they will never fit in with society and need lifetime care. Failing that, it's the 'idiot savant' idea.

Where do they get these ideas from? They're horrible. I seriously doubt my friend's son is going to be a killer when he is older. Sure, my friend is worried that as he becomes bigger his outbursts will be harder to manage, but he's not going to be a spree killer or something awful like that.

Way to stigmatise, stereotype and preach doom and gloom. Like my friend and her son need that. :thumbsdown:

I was diagnosed with Asperger's on Friday.

The comments from those people are spawned from ignorance. Just because someone kills, doesn't mean they have autistic traits. They say that comedians have 'psychotic traits', but you don't ever hear of someone killing someone else because they didn't laugh. I just think, in this day and age, society needs a 'scapegoat' or a reason (bs or not) to explain why someone does something bad/awful/evil.

It's freezing outside.

Also not very happy that they're now doing studies on environmental influences as cause of autism.
Because that means I should have washed that apple more thoroughly.
That means I shouldn't have eaten that frozen dinner.
That means I shouldn't have gone to restaurants.
That means I am wholly responsible in my ignorance for my children walking on their toes and being slow.
So it is my fault.

On the upside, I'm planning on growing our own food from now on and going vegan.
Once, of course, the ministry effin pays me what they owe.

That is pure bull.
You are a great mum, I've seen the evidence on FB (And I have a great mum too).
It's like the Doctor told my mum on Friday, it's nothing that you have done, it's down to how the child (itself) develops.
To blame parents for their child being on the ASD is totally wrong and also based on an idea riddled in ignorance.

CRT: Oh look, I've caused an argument.
I didn't mean to say it, but I refuse to hold back when someone is acting like a spoiled brat.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My kid doesn't eat apples...so I guess I didn't wash that sausage roll properly?!

Experts make me lol - whilst I have the greatest respect for those who devote their lives to researching conditions in order to find cures or management techniques, some of the stuff their peers can come out with is beyond absurd.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's freezing outside.

Don't listen to them. Fact is, they don't have a clue. It's been everything from older fathers, teenage parents, low IQ parents, high IQ parents, men with moblie phones, vaccinations, chemicals in water and additives in food. They just can't make up their minds.
Then there are those who say it is a way for parents to excuse badly behaved children and terrible parenting skills.:rolleyes:

My friend still beats herself up over how her son is from time to time. Articles and studies like that don't help when she's already worried enough about his future.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's on Friday.

The comments from those people are spawned from ignorance. Just because someone kills, doesn't mean they have autistic traits.
Exactly. People love something to blame, something that's seen as different or 'weird'.

I looked it up to see what the heck they were on about. Apparently, it's something to do with brain scans and psychological assessments of these killers matching those of people with forms of autism and aspergers; coupled with the belief that atistic people have no sense of empathy at all, along with with poor impulse control, thus making it easier for them to kill. :facepalm: What the actual heck?!

It's giving the impression that people should be scared of adults and children with autism just in case they flip out and go on a murder spree or become dangerously violent. That's just not the case at all, and I don't know why this myth continues.
What's next, will they start stupid stories about people with down sydrome because they're seen as different:rolleyes:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
What's next, will they start stupid stories about people with down sydrome because they're seen as different:rolleyes:

Didn't they already...

....Oh, never mind; I see what you did, there.

I'm right there with you guys; it's a load of effing bullshite; parenting and the type of food consumed is not to blame for people being diagnosed autistic-on any part of the spectrum. Nor is every side effect of one autistic person the same as another; like anyone else, they're still individuals, they're still people, for crying out loud.

I wish they'd stop using scapegoats for when people go on killing sprees-killers are f*cked up, without a doubt, but that doesn't automatically equal autism/Asperger's. :/ For one, it's insulting for them to even imply that people with autism are messed up; frankly, I tend to think they aren't-they just have a different way of functioning, and the last I checked, no two people react the same to any given situation. For two, there are plenty of "mental disorders" that could be the driving force behind a serial killer...

On top of that, there are people who just like to see the world burn, without having a logical reason for the things they do.

But go ahead, society; go ahead, and free these assh*les from bearing responsibility for their actions, and while you're at it, blame it on a personality disorder that has no connection to it, whatsoever.

...Apparently I'm on edge, today.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why is it always that one chick giving me a b*tch face at the school? Seriously, I'm getting tired of her glaring at me when I drop off/pick up my daughter. One of these days, when she makes one of her passive-aggressive remarks (like this morning), I hope I figure out for sure whether it's directed at me. This isn't the first time she's muttered something as I've walked passed her that had me wondering who she was talking to/about.

I'm honestly trying to decide if I'd call her out on her bullsh*t, if I do happen to find out it is directed at me.

I'll probably just take the high road...as much as I'd just like to tell her to knock it off with her "high-school clique" crap. -_-

Top Bottom