• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I can't believe how anything can somehow be taken as 'offensive'. Even when a commenter hasn't said anything offensive, there's somehow a problem. People think they deserve not to feel offended. That's not how it works. You can't criticize people for your shortcomings. If you get angry because you take things too seriously, that's your problem. If you've got anger issues, your resulting anger about something is not the commenter's fault. And people still want to divide everyone into two camps: pro-DmC and anti-DmC. As soon as you say something negative about DmC, somebody will come around and say ''well, the DMC games were total ****! How about that!?'' Learn to take criticism, and learn to take a joke. And stop generalizing everyone like some kind of sheep. Not everything is meant personally. I've had to block two people now for being assholes. They just seek out a thread they don't like, and proceed to spew hate. And then they'll act like the TS is to blame for their anger, their feelings. Like Stephen Fry said:

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

It's not the TS's job to make sure he/she doesn't hit a nerve, because they don't even know there's a nerve to hit. I see people here who are supposedly in their twenties, but they act like eight-year-olds.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I guess I should consider myself lucky, then. I wouldn't be able to handle it, I think. Well, progress always comes slowly, I suppose, and the fact that there's progress on an online forum is amazing enough.

Yeah, just for saying you prefer the old DMC people would jump down your throat and lump you together with everyone. :hungover: I had to take a four month break from here but that 'ignore' button is your best friend on here at times. Then again, I just stay out of certain forums. I don't participate on here as much as I used to since certain people can't take a difference of opinion *shrug*. But I have noticed that it is a bit calmer nowadays.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
It's been a s**t day...
First of all, catching the train to my next appointment...
We waited for all of the people to come off then, as the people on the platform started to pile on, the 'queue' of people stopped moving. They were just taking fudging ages... then the queue started 'waddling' again only for it to stop... again. I swore out loud with the words, "Get a f***ing move on!" (I know, I shouldn't have done). When my mum got on, he blew the whistle... just as I got on, he blew the whistle again and the door just missed me. All I could think about was how they shove people on trains in Japan. There were no seats, so we had to stand up (by the toilet). We were near the couple responsible for most of the hold up, and I was pretty p***ed, so I 'aired' my 'grievances'... I know they heard me. I was right fudging next to them. How much time do they think they have to get on a train? Seriously?!

I had about... 2 hours of another assessment. Had a look around the town and, (thanks to my mum) I nearly got run over by a car. I got my own back, I made her run for the train :p

We get home, and my ar$ehole of a father get's all b*tchy because he's had it worse than anyone else... only 20-30 minutes after we get in, he asks how the assessment has gone. By that time, I've gone upstairs with Tilly because I'm sick of hearing about him and his problems. Then there's a full blown argument because he's 'thrown his toys out of the pram'... :poop:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
'AVG protected you from several threats in the past xxx days'...
Good for you, what do you want? A fudging medal?!

You know when you get so p***ed off that you want to scream and cry (I'm pretty sure in kids it's called a tantrum), I feel like that right now. I've got forms to fill in from yesterday, but because dad is in a mood and mother's bottling up her anger and not really speaking, I can't get them done.

No need to whisper dad, I'm 26, not 6... I think I'm old enough to deal with your arguments. Plus, if you've got a problem with me, why are you 'hiding' in my room? Let's face it, I'm only 'your' daughter when it suits, and I don't think I've been that for a few years.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
SOMEONE stole my (completely generic) idea --

a07508805686b141678cccbf9c45e3a7e200a41a.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

Eh, I'll just add cyberpunk goggles. People like goggles, right?

http://www.gamesradar.com/9-classic-games-were-almost-very-different/

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Annoying: old account in a store I created ages ago is still up and running after I deactivated it, for some reason I've had three orders in the last week for prints I'm out of stock in and won't ever get in again. I guess it started showing up on the top pages of a Google word search or something. Even more annoying is the fact I can't get into the store to deactivate it again, email and password are long gone.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
F*cking "A", beta reading. I can't believe I forgot about it. I wonder if I can get it all done tonight, tell her to send me the next two chapters, and then get those done in SD? Ugh, so not in the mood to beta. x_x Can't say "no, I'm not gonna do this anymore", though, when I honestly don't mind it while I'm working. XP Just got too much cr*p going on.

On a side note, my uncle's an *ss. He won't pay to take his wife and daughter in law out for mother's day (and he has the money to do it) so now the whole family is stuck going to my great grandmother's house. I feel bad for my aunt. That must make her feel really special. >_< And I pity Gran, as well, for having to pay for everyone's food now just cuz her brother's being a prig. But, more than anything, I pity my great grandmother. I mean, mum and I would be perfectly content to stay at home or go to Gran's, but my great grandmother really looks forward to us all going out and now she's stuck taking care of everyone because her only son is being a d*ck about it. It's the one day of the year where you get to show your appreciation to your mother, so dude...why are you being so rude about it? Then again, I'm not sure why I'm so surprised about him acting like this...this is the same man that had a holier-than-thou, "you totally suck as a writer" reaction to getting a fic as a Christmas present years ago and who usually has to be better than everyone else, so...yeah. :/ Shouldn't be too surprised by this.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I was watching Points of View earlier and they were talking about Jeremy Clarkson's latest 'faux pas'. Somehow, 'all' of the people they interviewed about it said that the BBC did the right thing by not sacking him... I just can't see why/how no one said he should've been sacked, unless they did, and the Beeb cut it. Looking back on it, it really looked a lot like a propaganda video...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I was watching Points of View earlier and they were talking about Jeremy Clarkson's latest 'faux pas'. Somehow, 'all' of the people they interviewed about it said that the BBC did the right thing by not sacking him... I just can't see why/how no one said he should've been sacked, unless they did, and the Beeb cut it. Looking back on it, it really looked a lot like a propaganda video...

Thought that guy had the job because he was offensive and people like it when someone on the TV says something offensive, it's 'funny' probably because as it breaks the monotony of political correctness on there. Don't know why people even like the guy that much. Saw him on a few shows and it's not like someone else couldn't do exactly what he does. People probably just watch him to see which minority he's gonna insult this week, and it's probably part of a crafted image. Seems to have made him into a celeb though, kinda sad if you can become so beloved/high paid for being... well, a pr*ck.

Last edited:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thought that guy had the job because he was offensive and people like it when someone on the TV says something offensive, it's 'funny' probably because as it breaks the monotony of political correctness on there. Don't know why people even like the guy that much. Saw him on a few shows and it's not like someone else couldn't do exactly what he does. People probably just watch him to see which minority he's gonna insult this week, and it's probably part of a crafted image. Seems to have made him into a celeb though, kinda sad if you can become so beloved/high paid for being... well, a pr*ck.

I'm pretty sure there is a saying that goes, "The world loves a b*st*rd."
I live with one... I don't love him that much... He's a pr*ck, so he'd be a great replacement if they did sack Clarkson (he'd just need to learn about cars).

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why the f*ck can I not be what I want anymore? I want to be a slime jackaless wearing a rubber suit. Is that too much to ask? Apparently it is, because people think it's gross or weird. :/ F*ck you people.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sitting here crying. Being called a thief. Told I have to remove my artwork. A case of convergent character design and nothing more, but people won't listen. I'm a victim that looks like the bad guy.

No one cares how I feel, they just want to feel vindicated...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Sitting here crying. Being called a thief. Told I have to remove my artwork. A case of convergent character design and nothing more, but people won't listen. I'm a victim that looks like the bad guy.

No one cares how I feel, they just want to feel vindicated...

That's incredibly stupid of them; it happens all the time-you can see endless examples of it in various games, anime, movies, and even music. In some cases, it's a subconscious thing, like being part of the fandom, so accidentally creating a character or a plot that is similar. In other cases, people have no knowledge of the character, plot, fandom, whatever, and it still happens-and neither case involves them "deliberately copying someone else".

*Hug* Don't listen to them; don't let them get under your skin. Which artwork is it, if I may ask? I don't know if I've ever seen your work, but I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Top Bottom