• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It took its sweet time to go away for me.... almost like it was dragging this one out. Doing some exercise (even though I felt like crap really helped), just enough so you get kind of tired and out of breath for a while; shrinks the veins in your sinuses and opens the airways.

Salt water up there helps too. Gross, but helpful. Ugh, why do sinuses exist.

That's what I feel like it's doing, too. It gave me half of the day, feeling good...pulled the rug out from under me, and now it's dragging a$$ on pushing the rest of the virus out.

Thanks, I'll have to try that! When my husband gets off work, maybe I can get him to buy me one of those salt-water nasal sprays.

I agree, it's so gross...but we're stuck with them, lol. >.<

So the mardy neighbour (who hates us for having the kerb dropped so we can access our own property) saw me today and had a right face on - presumably because I was standing in front of my own garage door which, naturally, must be like peeing through his letterbox to him. I'm kind of hoping he tries something next week when we are having our garage cleared out - the three ENORMOUS blokes who are coming to help have already said they are more than happy to put him in his place if needed.

Oh please, Mr. Law Unto Himself, please kick off. It would be worth all the paperwork down at the police station later, I can assure you...

Oh god, I'd lose my f*cking mind if I lived near such a complete snob. Why did it bother him that you guys dropped the kerb? What business is it of his if it's on your property to begin with?

(Also, are we talking literal curb, or specific restraints in regards to what you can do on your property?)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So the mardy neighbour (who hates us for having the kerb dropped so we can access our own property) saw me today and had a right face on - presumably because I was standing in front of my own garage door which, naturally, must be like peeing through his letterbox to him. I'm kind of hoping he tries something next week when we are having our garage cleared out - the three ENORMOUS blokes who are coming to help have already said they are more than happy to put him in his place if needed.

Oh please, Mr. Law Unto Himself, please kick off. It would be worth all the paperwork down at the police station later, I can assure you...

He must have an exciting life. You guys have given him the gift of drama with your pavement.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oh god, I'd lose my f*cking mind if I lived near such a complete snob. Why did it bother him that you guys dropped the kerb? What business is it of his if it's on your property to begin with?

(Also, are we talking literal curb, or specific restraints in regards to what you can do on your property?)
Basically his household has 3 cars and no driveway - his family have been parking hassle-free in front of our home for almost 7 years. We didn't care then because we had no car so what did it matter to us who parked where? But then we got a car and as one of our kids has a physical condition and another has autism we figured it would be safer and more convenient to have the kerb dropped (making the pavement flat with the road) so we could gain access from the road onto our driveway. It is not permitted to park your vehicle across a kerb once it has been dropped so essentially, whoever parked there lost their space. We applied to have half the kerb dropped to allow for someone to still park in the remaining space but council rules state the entire width of the driveway must be lowered so now our neighbour has had to find other places to park (shock horror) that don't involve blocking off our property.
He must have an exciting life. You guys have given him the gift of drama with your pavement.
Indeed we have. What a dull man...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So he had it good before and now he's crying because he can't have the space that was yours to begin with? Well, he's gonna lose any argument if you dragged the council into it. Especially if he's got 3 cars and you've got one.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry that you lost your entire story and the driveway thing. I don't know what else to say.

I guess... go easy on your daughter and ignore the neighbor until it becomes a legal matter? That's all I got.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm sorry that you lost your entire story and the driveway thing. I don't know what else to say.

I guess... go easy on your daughter and ignore the neighbor until it becomes a legal matter? That's all I got.
Lol the neighbour has nothing and he knows it. He just lets off steam...he's the kind of guy who goes on Twitter to complain about the availability of apples in the supermarket and the price of carparks. Seriously.

His son is a volunteer policeman (called Specials over here) in his spare time but my friend is a freaking commissioner so good luck to him if he wants to try anything other than complaining.

As for Jessica, well I told her what she did and she was all "ohmygosh i'm sooooooo sorry!" until she had her parents evening meeting at school and then it switched to "but you can't deny i'm a genius now so to stifle my creativity would be to crush my future".

What is this I don't even :laugh:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's weird how hostile people get about parking in this country. I don't get it. Maybe it's because our roads are so tiny and they don't build stuff with cars in mind when they should.

I had same problem a couple of weeks ago. I used to park in this car park across the street that belongs to a bar and paid them about a ton for that every year. Then they put a note under my door that said this year they were gonna charge 360 a year for it instead of 100. So I was like, yeah, right. I'm not being extorted, I'll find somewhere else to put my car but the parking regulations are nuts in this place. I can't just park it outside my own place and parking it in the next road only resulted in some waste of skin threatening to put the windscreen in even though it wasn't in the way of anybody.

I put my sweetest face on and managed to talk the owners of a landmark here to let me park it in their private car park which has a lock on it so no tourists can vulture my spot. Score one for charm. :whistle:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's like a real obsession with this country, the whole parking thing. You can see it in any supermarket car park how people just HAVE to get the RIGHT space - even if it means circling for ten minutes. To my mind, in that time, you could have parked further away and already be in the store before the circling crowd even parks. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
@Angel : Our neighbour takes the mickey with parking. We don't have kerbs (the 'pavement' is level with the road. ) and he will park anywhere (even outside our gate and blocking the entrance into our back garden). To get into our back garden we have a 'car port' (it's off road parking). He's parked cars on our side with no tax discs (that way, they cant taken/towed away). But when we put a freezer up their on our side to be taken away, e moaned liked hell.

Lol, being overtired makes me say/do strange things. ;)

Yeah, I notice a lot of people have this, "bitch first, read later/never" approach; on DA, on youtube....pretty much anywhere.

(I still need to go through your gallery). O_O

I don't get people like that; if they don't like the subjects of the art, they should just avoid them. It's one thing to give concrit, but what they're doing isn't concrit; they're just b*tching for the sake of being heard. :/ If they commented on anything to do with the art itself, it would have been a different story.

I'm guessing you wouldn't have been able to use your preferred programs for the effect?

I haven't touched photoshop since highschool, but from what I remember, it is pretty chaotic.

Same here. :D
Or they use 'TL;DR' (which I can't stand... I just think it smacks with 'ignorance').
You'll probably need a few days to get through that lol.
That's exactly what I think.
I wanted to use GIMP (I use it for 'fixing' images that haven't rendered very well in Keyshot), so I was hoping there was going be a plugin for a 'wet/water' effect.
I really don't like Photoshop, but I have found (finally) the filter that I was looking for (Plastic wrap). I'm just going to need a bit of practice to get it looking good.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's a real f*cking shame, how the legal system here would sooner put a child in a children's aid facility, over letting the capable, nurturing father have said child, when the mother is little more than a f*cking jizz stain on the couch.

I mean, what the ****? She's negligent, bordering on abusive, smoking pot and ignoring her newborn, and you'd hand custody over to her or to a facility, over the hard-working, self-sacrificing father who, when he comes home, spends every waking moment caring for the child his b*tch of a partner has been ignoring?

What. The. ****?

Good job, Judicial system, really; just a f*cking amazing job you're doing. :banghead:

Edit: I'm definitely not a candidate for mother of the year, but holy sh*t, at least I put forth the f*cking effort, and I would never put the father of my child through that kind of hell. Just....ugh!

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Aye it is. I wasn't all that shocked to be honest :laugh:

They won't get in anyway. Their policies are: "ask all the "non-indigenous non-white" peoples to ...go get on boats and go somewhere" and like... that's it, I think. Isn't Nick Griffin a TV chef now? yeah, I want one of those running the country. ex-thug bigot chef would really complete the joke.

Even the biggest moron out there should be able to see that they don't have a plan for running the UK. So that makes him an über moron.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
It's a real f*cking shame, how the legal system here would sooner put a child in a children's aid facility, over letting the capable, nurturing father have said child, when the mother is little more than a f*cking jizz stain on the couch.

I mean, what the ****? She's negligent, bordering on abusive, smoking pot and ignoring her newborn, and you'd hand custody over to her or to a facility, over the hard-working, self-sacrificing father who, when he comes home, spends every waking moment caring for the child his b*tch of a partner has been ignoring?

What. The. ****?

Good job, Judicial system, really; just a f*cking amazing job you're doing. :banghead:

becoming a parent recently myself i find this to be sick ,and it makes my stomach turn . I love my daughter to bits and would die for her ,and so would her mother. It makes me so glad that her mother and me are a united front and hard workers , building her a future. It is sad that some kids are neglected, and the dad should have been the one to care for that baby not strangers. This is a disgrqae and it makes my blood boil when someone has a child they then take no interest in ,and don‘t look after em right. They don‘t deserve to be blessed with the miracle of a baby , my heart goes out to that father.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
becoming a parent recently myself i find this to be sick ,and it makes my stomach turn . I love my daughter to bits and would die for her ,and so would her mother. It makes me so glad that her mother and me are a united front and hard workers , building her a future. It is sad that some kids are neglected, and the dad should have been the one to care for that baby not strangers. This is a disgrqae and it makes my blood boil when someone has a child they then take no interest in ,and don‘t look after em right. They don‘t deserve to be blessed with the miracle of a baby , my heart goes out to that father.

I hear ya. It's a friend of mine. I've known him only a couple of years, but the whole concept-even if he were a stranger- fires me right up. The sick part is, she pretty much used her pregnancy to ensnare him, and then when the baby is born, he's doing all he can, while working 12-hour shifts 6 times a week...

She spends money without even talking to him about it first, but if he wants money for coffee or for a pack of smokes, she flips. I'd punch her the f*ck out, if I hadn't moved away.

She's living proof that some people don't deserve their children. She has a three-year-old from a previous relationship as well, and this kid is such a spoiled brat-but that's only because mommy has the exact same "entitlement issues".

Gah...I'm just so mad on his behalf right now...

I'm glad you and your fiancée are a united front; that seems rare in this day and age. :) I'm glad you'll never have to go through what my friend is going through.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well i am glad he has you to talk too and share the burden and load with. Fair play you are a good friend and he is lucky to have at least one decent person in his corner. I believe in kharma and it will come back to kick her ass , i would never hit a woman i think it is wrong and cowardly of a man to do it and scumbag behaviour. Athough i would love to see you or another woman smack the head off of her. My partner is disgusted and said she wants to throttle her

Top Bottom