• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Horses...yeah they make me VERY nervous...

My dad used to get quite snarky with people after a while for trying to pet Jack, his old guide dog, when he was wearing his fluorescent harness which clearly states in massive letters to leave the dog alone. My dad was like "I thought I was the blind one here?!"

The main issue was Jack was a stunning blue merle collie retriever cross with bright blue eyes and a blue-grey patchy coloured coat. He was unusual to look at and naturally attracted people.

Thick as shizzle though...seriously.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
FFN? I love you, but why is it that every couple of months I have to email you because you didn't send out an email to anyone about MoI being updated? >_< It's kinda a kill joy.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just opened one of my saved stories on my computer to find it had been replaced with 2 pages of badly-written year 8 English homework.

850 pages of work gone.

Just like that.

I am going to kill her.

I assume your daughter?

Oh. My. God. D:

I'd freak, if that happened to me...though I guess this means you'll start backing your work up, right? ^^;

V

Oldschool DMC fan
That's happened to me a couple of times in the past, it might have even been why I gave up writing for years (ragequitz). After uni though it was like backup is a mantra, HD, disc, USB dongle, or send it to your email, or all of them if it's your dissertation. If it was more than just me using my computer I'd be backing up twice as much too.

And that reminds me, I need to back up my latest pict printable files and all the manga thus far. :whistle:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That's happened to me a couple of times in the past, it might have even been why I gave up writing for years (ragequitz). After uni though it was like backup is a mantra, HD, disc, USB dongle, or send it to your email, or all of them if it's your dissertation. If it was more than just me using my computer I'd be backing up twice as much too.

And that reminds me, I need to back up my latest pict printable files and all the manga thus far. :whistle:

I'm the same; I used to save to floppy, and I've been sending myself the email back-ups for years. Now it's the age of flash drives...and I'm pretty much OCD about saving my stuff every time I make progress with it.
It was the only one not backed up because I had forgotten I hadn't done it...

But on the other hand, she's freaking 12 years old and literate. No. Excuse.

I'm sold; when Aurora is old enough to need a computer for school assignments, she's getting her own (or rather, she's getting hand-me-downs, while I get a new one).

So this is where the term, "justifiable homicide" comes from. :ninja:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
-That t**t is still trolling people on DA... I thought he may have learned his lesson when I responded with my other account... obviously not... :poop:
-9 years later and Photoshop is still doing my head in... all I want is to make a 'wet skin effect'...:shifty:
-I REALLY hope my stomach is better tomorrow... :hungover:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
-That t**t is still trolling people on DA... I thought he may have learned his lesson when I responded with my other account... obviously not... :poop:
-9 years later and Photoshop is still doing my head in... all I want is to make a 'wet skin effect'...:shifty:

Is it that same jerk with the blog?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

Some dude is harassing you on DA, seriously?

You wants us to maybe rough him up a l'il? *Repeatedly punches palm of hand in a menacing manner*

I never had the patience or capacity to do anything with photoshop...dare I ask what happened when you went for the wet skin effect? O_O

Hope you feel better, soon!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Is it that same jerk with the blog?

No, I haven't checked on that twerp in ages.

Some dude is harassing you on DA, seriously?

You wants us to maybe rough him up a l'il? *Repeatedly punches palm of hand in a menacing manner*

I never had the patience or capacity to do anything with photoshop...dare I ask what happened when you went for the wet skin effect? O_O

Hope you feel better, soon!

No (and, LOL, no... Thanks for the offer though ^^).Someone requested a picture of Gloria and Trish (Nude) quite a few months back (which I created, and just for the heck of it and posted it to Deviant art).
Someone posted a comment on it. I'm all for Con-crit. But if they were bothered to read 'artist comments' I said that they weren't my models... but that didn't bother me, it was the fact he BLOCKED ME so I couldn't reply. So I signed into DA under my other name, had my say, and blocked back.

Now this twonk has found another picture that they've probably done the same thing to (admittedly it was a picture of New Vergil and Kyrie... WTF?!) where they've had a rant about New Vergil being a 'Nazi' (blue armband compared to a swastika... there's a bit of a difference) and how cr*p the new game is (nothing to do with that piece of work)...

I've been using Paint .net for years and Gimp 2.x for a year (anything to avoid Photoshop), but because I have a new model of my oc, Nite (which happens to be nude), I wanted to make a picture where she was wet (by or in the sea). I was hoping that there was a plug in or brush to make the effect but I can't find one (plus, I just find the layout of Photoshop... too much... like there is too much on the screen... that's what I think anyway).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
No, I haven't checked on that twerp in ages.

No (and, LOL, no... Thanks for the offer though ^^).Someone requested a picture of Gloria and Trish (Nude) quite a few months back (which I created, and just for the heck of it and posted it to Deviant art).
Someone posted a comment on it. I'm all for Con-crit. But if they were bothered to read 'artist comments' I said that they weren't my models... but that didn't bother me, it was the fact he BLOCKED ME so I couldn't reply. So I signed into DA under my other name, had my say, and blocked back.

Lol, being overtired makes me say/do strange things. ;)

Yeah, I notice a lot of people have this, "bitch first, read later/never" approach; on DA, on youtube....pretty much anywhere.

(I still need to go through your gallery). O_O

Now this twonk has found another picture that they've probably done the same thing to (admittedly it was a picture of New Vergil and Kyrie... WTF?!) where they've had a rant about New Vergil being a 'Nazi' (blue armband compared to a swastika... there's a bit of a difference) and how cr*p the new game is (nothing to do with that piece of work)...

I don't get people like that; if they don't like the subjects of the art, they should just avoid them. It's one thing to give concrit, but what they're doing isn't concrit; they're just b*tching for the sake of being heard. :/ If they commented on anything to do with the art itself, it would have been a different story.

I've been using Paint .net for years and Gimp 2.x for a year (anything to avoid Photoshop), but because I have a new model of my oc, Nite (which happens to be nude), I wanted to make a picture where she was wet (by or in the sea). I was hoping that there was a plug in or brush to make the effect but I can't find one (plus, I just find the layout of Photoshop... too much... like there is too much on the screen... that's what I think anyway).

I'm guessing you wouldn't have been able to use your preferred programs for the effect?

I haven't touched photoshop since highschool, but from what I remember, it is pretty chaotic.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If they're commenting on your stuff and blocked you, you can just hide their comments, right? I thought the "block user" option prevented them from posting on your things but I admit I've never used it before so I don't know...

If they blocked you it would be fair to just hide their comment as spam, if it's just ranting/derailing/flaming. . . (unless you mean it's in someone else's gallery). But, tbh, I think if it were on my picture I would just leave the comment a while, wait for them to get lost then spam flag/hide it, depending what it was? I started getting those ones where people post iPhone commercials in the post lately and I don't think the spam flag does a lot.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Decided to take the bus for a change and it deviated from the usual route; so I ended up in the next town and had to wait for a bus back. :facepalm: Luckily I still arrived on time to do the register.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
D*mn it all to hell, compter! :mad: I write three paragraphs of a fic and, before I can save, you shut down for no reason?! *rawrs**just glad she didn't lose everything*

+ Gran, I get that you spend a lot of money on us, but, when it comes to how much money mum should get from the divorce, please STFU. This is one situation where you don't know what you're talking about and you're starting to make mum feel like you hate her. :banghead: :dead:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, sinus infection-you promised you were going away, I could breathe again, my head didn't feel like it was expanding....

So why the hell am congested all over again? D:

Meh, it's not so bad...I'm just tired of waking up with cotton mouth. Ick.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So the mardy neighbour (who hates us for having the kerb dropped so we can access our own property) saw me today and had a right face on - presumably because I was standing in front of my own garage door which, naturally, must be like peeing through his letterbox to him. I'm kind of hoping he tries something next week when we are having our garage cleared out - the three ENORMOUS blokes who are coming to help have already said they are more than happy to put him in his place if needed.

Oh please, Mr. Law Unto Himself, please kick off. It would be worth all the paperwork down at the police station later, I can assure you...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Okay, sinus infection-you promised you were going away, I could breathe again, my head didn't feel like it was expanding....

So why the hell am congested all over again? D:

Meh, it's not so bad...I'm just tired of waking up with cotton mouth. Ick.
It took its sweet time to go away for me.... almost like it was dragging this one out. Doing some exercise (even though I felt like crap really helped), just enough so you get kind of tired and out of breath for a while; shrinks the veins in your sinuses and opens the airways.

Salt water up there helps too. Gross, but helpful. Ugh, why do sinuses exist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom