• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
They don't care when it's a guy with three kids already. For some reason they're told to put women off doing it. Maybe it's more dangerous or expensive a procedure on the state, I'unno.

If you have more than 2.4 kids though they seem more happy about it.
You're right on both counts: it is expensive and dangerous, plus there can be a recovery time of almost 3 months which is not without very likely complications such as prolapse, bladder incontinence, infection, scar tissue sticking organs together, chronic abdominal pain etc. And even when it is the only recourse for someone with a severe medical condition, they still say no (at first, anyway).

A vasectomy, on the other hand, is a quick half hour outpatients appointment which is cheaper and with few, if any, complications. Men are usually back at work the next day if not that afternoon. A vasectomy can be reversed too.

But if @Loopy your friend is certain, has read up on it, understands the risks, has received any necessary counselling to ensure it is a choice made objectively as opposed to due to her distressing circumstances then I would say she should seek a second opinion. But it could be that she may have to go private if no NHS doctor will agree

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You're right on both counts: it is expensive and dangerous, plus there can be a recovery time of almost 3 months which is not without very likely complications such as prolapse, bladder incontinence, infection, scar tissue sticking organs together, chronic abdominal pain etc. And even when it is the only recourse for someone with a severe medical condition, they still say no (at first, anyway).
I wouldn't mind if the doctors were concerned about the health of the women they turned down for these operations, but the reasons given to my friend revolved around telling her that she wasn't done with having children, even though she was sure she was; and what if she met a man who wanted a child with her, which completely ignores what my friend wants for herself and her son.

The health complications were given to her like some quick checklist, and most of the time was spent convincing her why she wasn't done with having children and saying wouldn't she love another one. That's what annoys me. They ignore what my friend wants and treat her like she's a child. She's in her 30's and she knows the risks, and knows that she is certain. She really, really doesn't want another child.

My Mum had it done at 4o, in and out in one day with no complications and back to work after a few days. Maybe she was lucky to escape all those complications you listed? The most she had was cramping.
But it did take some convincing to have the doctor sign off on it. She got pretty angry at him, which basically amounted to 'how dare you tell me what I can and cannot do to my body, especially when I am paying to have it done'.

This doctor also tried to convince my Mum hat she was wrong in case either me, my sister or brother died, and she wanted another child then...yeah, because children can be replaced so easily. That is the worst excuse ever to convince a woman to have another child. Pretty insulting to me and my siblings too. My Mum became very irate at that point.
She had a good rant with me about it after:tongue:

She was done with having children in her early 30's after my sister was born, no way did she want a 4th, she didn't even want the 3rd in her mid 30's, but accidents happen I guess.

Plus, who wants a baby at 40? They're tiring enough as it is for 20- somethings. Aside from the fact that my Mum felt like she'd only just got her life back with the three of us all grown up; if she did have another baby in her 40's by accident, it wouldn't be fair on the baby to have elderly parents and siblings who are old enough to be its parents.
And who says either myself or my siblings want another baby?:shifty:
These doctors don't think it through at all when it comes to the practicalities of having another baby. They see it as something easy, saying thins like 'you'll cope', 'accidents happen', 'but you can afford it'.

They're totally blasé about it, but having a baby is one of the most life changing events ever.

But if @Loopy your friend is certain, has read up on it, understands the risks, has received any necessary counselling to ensure it is a choice made objectively as opposed to due to her distressing circumstances then I would say she should seek a second opinion. But it could be that she may have to go private if no NHS doctor will agree
That's what she's doing. I took her out for cake and tea after to commiserate, and she says she's determined to get it done.
She's mentioned it in passing before, but I didn't know she wanted it done so soon. I understand her reasons for it though. It's too stressful for her as it is, even prior to the divorce.
Hormonal contraceptive pills mess her around something terrible.
The important reason though is that she thinks another child could bring back her pretty severe PND, as well as take time away from the child she has, and he needs a lot of time spent on him. She's not just doing it for herself, she's doing it for her son.

I think maybe if things hadn't turned out the way they had with her son and husband walking out as a result, then she would have another child, but what's happened has happened, and this is the best way she can cope with it all.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
In and out in a day? Wow - that's impressive. The people I know had to stay in for a week at least and then keep off their feet for 12 weeks. Then again, it can depend on the type of sugery used I guess?

I had a salpingectomy when I was 25 (where one fallopian tube is removed) and even though that was keyhole, I still had a lot of problems for weeks after. I suppose it varies from person to person as with any surgery.

I totallu sympathis about the PND - I had it with all 3 kids and it was horrendous, not to mention misunderstood by a lot of others. It was so bad with my first that I was anti psychotics for 2 years and my daughter was almost adopted out because I was incapable of caring for her. So I can well appreciate your friend does not want to go through that again, at any level of depression.

It's not easy, getting a procedure you want when you haven't been referred. Perhaps if your friend could get a counsellor or psychiatrist on her side that would carry more weight?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
After my hair appointment, I went with a friend to give her support about seeing the doctor to get sterilized. She's older than me, with one child and going through divorce. The doctor told her no in case she changed her mind and met a new man who wanted to have a child with her. :facepalm:Even the wording of that is all wrong. It's only the man being considered there, never mind what my friend wants.

My friend knows what she can cope with, but the doctor just wouldn't listen to her; even when she said about bad PND and only just being able to cope with her son due to his special needs, let alone going through pregnancy and another baby. And never mind how that new baby would affect her existing child.

I just don't understand the reasoning of these doctors who refuse women when they are very sure that they do not want more children, or never want any at all. Don't they understand the impact on existing children, family, sanity, emotional and physical wellbeing, and earnings that pregnancy and children bring?
It's denying women control over their own bodies just because the idea still persists that all women want children. If a woman says she's done with one or two children, or none at all, then that's what she wants.

I gets me thinking though: if my friend is being refused, then I've got no chance. I'm much younger than my friend, and I have no children. Right now, without sterilization, it feels like my body could betray me and ruin my life. I know that's dramatic, but that's how I feel about it.

Loopy, I feel the same way.
I'm 26, I've totally made up my mind that I don't want children (I'm not maternal and I've got health problems which I'm afraid of passing on).
I've been refused for that sort of thing because I don't have any kids (plus they also say something about a patient being over 30 years before they consider it).
Plus, I have really bad *you know what* cycles which I was put on the pill for. I haven't had a break from it in five years, so I'm messing my body up anyway.

If a woman (over 18 especially) decides that she doesn't want kids and wants to be sterilized, then, they should let them. Especially if someone feels the way that I do.

I can't help but wonder if your friend saw a male or a female doctor. Normally, female doctors can be more 'sympathetic' to the way a female patient feels (not all the time though, it's taken nearly a year to sort one of my problems out). If she saw a male doctor, it would explain why she was told no. If doctors had to put up with what their patients go through, they's probably empathize and get more done. But because they don't, they won't do anything about it (that's how it seems to me).

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
In and out in a day? Wow - that's impressive. The people I know had to stay in for a week at least and then keep off their feet for 12 weeks. Then again, it can depend on the type of sugery used I guess?

I had a salpingectomy when I was 25 (where one fallopian tube is removed) and even though that was keyhole, I still had a lot of problems for weeks after. I suppose it varies from person to person as with any surgery.
My Mum had keyhole surgery too, but I think hers were clips and some kind of implant for scar tissue to form and block off tubes. Not sure what the actual procedure is called though.
I guess my Mum was lucky to get off with cramping and being let out of hospital so soon. I didn't know that some people had to stay in for days. Having said that, knowing my Mum, she might have argued with the hospital until they let her out.:tongue: I know I'd do the same thing. I hate hospital.

I totallu sympathis about the PND - I had it with all 3 kids and it was horrendous, not to mention misunderstood by a lot of others. It was so bad with my first that I was anti psychotics for 2 years and my daughter was almost adopted out because I was incapable of caring for her. So I can well appreciate your friend does not want to go through that again, at any level of depression.

It's not easy, getting a procedure you want when you haven't been referred. Perhaps if your friend could get a counsellor or psychiatrist on her side that would carry more weight?
That's one of her major fears. She doesn't want to have depression so badly that it makes her incapable of looking after her son, especially now that she is the one left looking after him. Having PND once was bad enough for her and she doesn't want to go into that dark place again because she's not sure is she could ever fully recover.

I'll pass it on to her about speaking to a councillor or psychologist. I think that could really help her, not just with wanting to be sterilized, but the feelings about her abandonment and divorce. I don't mind her talking to me about these things and I try to help, but I'm not a professional, so I think this could be just what she needs.

Loopy, I feel the same way.
I'm 26, I've totally made up my mind that I don't want children (I'm not maternal and I've got health problems which I'm afraid of passing on).
I've been refused for that sort of thing because I don't have any kids (plus they also say something about a patient being over 30 years before they consider it).
Plus, I have really bad *you know what* cycles which I was put on the pill for. I haven't had a break from it in five years, so I'm messing my body up anyway.
For me, I just don't want to risk the health complications that come with pregnancy, or the depression. I've seen what happened to my friends, and I do not want to go through that or even risk going through that.
Also, I don't want to pass on the heart problems and depression that are on my Dad's side of the family. I couldn't have a child in good conscience knowing that I passed on something like that.

Aside from that, if I had my own children, I wouldn't be able to volunteer and help other children because I'd be looking after my own. I'd much rather adopt anyway or maybe foster when I'm older. There are enough toddlers and children who need a home without me adding to the population.

If a woman (over 18 especially) decides that she doesn't want kids and wants to be sterilized, then, they should let them. Especially if someone feels the way that I do.

I can't help but wonder if your friend saw a male or a female doctor. Normally, female doctors can be more 'sympathetic' to the way a female patient feels (not all the time though, it's taken nearly a year to sort one of my problems out). If she saw a male doctor, it would explain why she was told no. If doctors had to put up with what their patients go through, they's probably empathize and get more done. But because they don't, they won't do anything about it (that's how it seems to me).
I understand that doctors do have to factor in regret later in life, especially if someone wants sterilization at 18, but life is full of regrets, and if a woman wants sterilization at that time in her life, then she really wants it and that is what she wants at that time. Besides, women who want to be sterilized either have never wanted children from a really young age, or life circumstances have affected their decision.
Either way, these women have thought about it a lot and know what they are getting into. It's not like they suddenly decide one day to have it done with no thought to regretting it in the future or possible complications.

In my opinion, it is much better to regret not having children than have children and then regret them. At least you can adopt if you want children later, but if you have children and regret it, then what is going to happen? You'll either have messed up children who know they are unwanted or dead ones if the mother snaps from PND.
Sometimes having one child too many is enough to make a woman snap; and if the woman had been sterilized when she said she could only cope with the child(ren) she had, then it prevents depression and tragedies like child abuse and murder.

As for my friend, she saw a male doctor. So, that could have been a factor. He's not the one going through 9 months of pregnancy with all the health complications and mental changes. My friend loves her son, but pregnancy was a nightmare and so was the PND.
I guess because a man can never go through that, they can't ever really understand what it's like.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
For me, I just don't want to risk the health complications that come with pregnancy, or the depression. I've seen what happened to my friends, and I do not want to go through that or even risk going through that.
Also, I don't want to pass on the heart problems and depression that are on my Dad's side of the family. I couldn't have a child in good conscience knowing that I passed on something like that.

Aside from that, if I had my own children, I wouldn't be able to volunteer and help other children because I'd be looking after my own. I'd much rather adopt anyway or maybe foster when I'm older. There are enough toddlers and children who need a home without me adding to the population.

I understand that doctors do have to factor in regret later in life, especially if someone wants sterilization at 18, but life is full of regrets, and if a woman wants sterilization at that time in her life, then she really wants it and that is what she wants at that time. Besides, women who want to be sterilized either have never wanted children from a really young age, or life circumstances have affected their decision.
Either way, these women have thought about it a lot and know what they are getting into. It's not like they suddenly decide one day to have it done with no thought to regretting it in the future or possible complications.

In my opinion, it is much better to regret not having children than have children and then regret them. At least you can adopt if you want children later, but if you have children and regret it, then what is going to happen? You'll either have messed up children who know they are unwanted or dead ones if the mother snaps from PND.
Sometimes having one child too many is enough to make a woman snap; and if the woman had been sterilized when she said she could only cope with the child(ren) she had, then it prevents depression and tragedies like child abuse and murder.

As for my friend, she saw a male doctor. So, that could have been a factor. He's not the one going through 9 months of pregnancy with all the health complications and mental changes. My friend loves her son, but pregnancy was a nightmare and so was the PND.
I guess because a man can never go through that, they can't ever really understand what it's like.

I think that's a very responsible attitude to have.
I know they say 'every pregnancy is different', and it's a saying my mum totally agrees with. My mum struggled through her her first pregnancy (sickness, dry birth and in the aftermath stitches which became heavily infected... sorry if you're eating...), but when she was pregnant with me, she said that it was totally different, no sickness, fewer stitches and no infection... she felt better (although she was worried that the same thing would happen again).

I've been thinking about fostering or adopting, in fact, it's something that I've become pretty adamant about.

I must admit, my parents made lots of mistakes and kind of messed me up (but that was down to their own selfishness).

My dad always says that, "If men had to give birth, the human race would probably die out" (mind you, he normally says that when Jeremy Kyle is on tv).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I think that's a very responsible attitude to have.
I know they say 'every pregnancy is different', and it's a saying my mum totally agrees with. My mum struggled through her her first pregnancy (sickness, dry birth and in the aftermath stitches which became heavily infected... sorry if you're eating...), but when she was pregnant with me, she said that it was totally different, no sickness, fewer stitches and no infection... she felt better (although she was worried that the same thing would happen again).

I've been thinking about fostering or adopting, in fact, it's something that I've become pretty adamant about.

I must admit, my parents made lots of mistakes and kind of messed me up (but that was down to their own selfishness).

My dad always says that, "If men had to give birth, the human race would probably die out" (mind you, he normally says that when Jeremy Kyle is on tv).

Likewise, I got very sick with my daughter, lost weight instead of gaining (I lost more than 30 lbs, but managed to gain 10 back by the last month). Birth was...well, birth. 15 hours of labour, naturally done, though I had to get an epidural 6 hours in, because I was so scared, my body went into defensive mode, and wouldn't progress). My experience in the hospital afterwards sucked; I was a new mom, easily flustered, and feeling inadequate. And then one of the head nurses was an outright b*tch to me, and a year or so of emotional aftermath ensued. So, part of my reasoning behind not having more has to do with that; the other is finances (also, I love my daughter, but sometimes I feel like I have two kids, lol.) I was also afraid I wouldn't be able to divvy the attention between children properly.

Like you, I have some skeletons in my closet when it comes to my parents...I don't want to make the same screw ups they did, and I figure focusing on one kid is the way to make sure I break that particular cycle.

There's no shame in fostering/adoption; in fact, I agree that it's a good idea, because it gives a child without a family the chance to have one.

After all, family is more than just blood ties; the bonds we have with other people make more of a difference, same blood or not.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It doesn't matter whether or not your "bloodline" gets passed down... the only thing that matters is your ideals. And even then, it isn't absolutely necessary.

That bloodline nonsense is just downright prideful and stubborn. A lot of parents out there only have them to show off in the first place.

They're human beings, not your personal trophies, you vain, boring has-beens.

More than 40% percent of all jobs will be automated by 2030 anyway, so you'll only bring them up in a world of misery if they can't find one.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...nly-going-to-take-45-percent-of-all-the-jobs/

Sorry about being so angry about this, it's just that this is really personal. I don't believe that having children is a "necessity".

For these types of individuals, it's a case of "keeping up with the Joneses", which is downright selfish in my personal opinion.

I've gotten into some serious arguments over my refusal to have them, as well. Some people just refuse to leave me alone.

------------------------------

Edit: I'm not attacking people who genuinely love their children, just the people who have them only to impress their "peers".

That's just wrong in worst possible sense and these people deserve nothing but absolute misery. :devil:

No mercy for these 'showmen'. None.

------------------------------

There's also the matter of the completely unnecessary bureaucracy involved when adopting children. These people need a proper home, and the state makes it hard for both the parent and the child. No mercy for government pencil-pushers, either.

-------------------------------------

There's another point I'd like to get across:

People who pressure their children under the guise of "doing better" are also unworthy in my book. There's a difference between your own smug, self-satisfaction and honestly wanting your child to be able to get by on their own.

People can seriously screw up their kids by always wanting them to "be the best". It's the reason why suicide rates are so high in Japan and Korea.

... At the very least, there's some consolation in knowing that these children won't have to suffer under their oppressive parents anymore.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
^ Right on the money, Frostmourne.

I won't delve into my own issues too deeply, but suffice it to say the issue is very personal for me, as well.

You just happened to put it all into the words that I couldn't.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
"Everyone has the right to their opinion." Such a destructive statement because if you don't have a functioning brain then you should keep your damn mouth shut. An opinion could be I think you're all a bunch of idiots who need to jump in a pit full of bears. (note:I don't think that. I <3 you guys.) Doesn't make it valid and you'd probably hate me and tell me to go eff myself.

Having an opinion means absolutely nothing.

Nothing at all.

It only becomes valid when you back it up with something rooted in reality or give it some kind of merit because in the end everyone has an opinion but it doesn't mean its good, right, or worth sharing.

Stating the obvious? Pretty much. Have I partaken in giving my 2 cents when I should have backed down? I think we're all guilty of that.

If only the people can be a little more vigilant when it comes to their actions.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
People can seriously screw up their kids by always wanting them to "be the best". It's the reason why suicide rates are so high in Japan and Korea.

... At the very least, there's some consolation in knowing that these children won't have to suffer under their oppressive parents anymore.
It's not just children who kill themselves in Japan. A large number of suicides are also adults. In Japan, they don't recognise mental illness such as depression, or things like anxiety attacks the same was as the West. So that certainly doesn't help with the number of suicides.
There is also the idea of not showing true feelings because it is seen as being an inconvenience for other people. So, people pretend everything is fine, then one day they snap and either kill themselves or other people.

As for parents pushing children to do well...I don't think the parents realise what they're doing when they push their children to such extremes. It's like a messed up form of love. They think they're helping their offspring, but it's completely the opposite.

They're not fashion accessories and they're certainly not projects or experiments for the parents to act out their failed life goals on. That is messed up if the child is made to fulfil the parent's own failures. I can only imagine how much resentment will happen once the child becomes an adult.

Something else that worries me when it comes to having children is the idea that children should be perfect in every way. I see it when my friend takes her son out to play and other parents literally pick their children up and take them away because her son is different. It's completely heart breaking for her because that's her son and she loves him. I don't understand how the world can be so cruel to a little boy who didn't ask to be born like that.

It's hard enough when a child is seen as normal, but still ends up bullied; society's reaction to children with special needs is even worse. All the staring, name calling and terrible reactions from other parents who set bad examples for their own children.
I've volunteered regularly at a special needs school/ respite care home, where some parents basically just dump their children and don't even bother to send them a Christmas card. It's like the child never existed. I understand it must be hard to care for a special needs child and that parents need a break, but to abandon a child like they never existed...I don't understand how a parent could do that. The child was wanted before it was born, but suddenly because it's not perfect, the parent wants nothing to do with the child they created. It's cruel and hypocritical.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Guess the simple reason is that people don't live up to the expectation we have of ourselves as some altruistic and intelligent species. The "paragon of animals", my ass.

I don't know exactly where the expectation comes from that people are supposed to love their kids and not think of them as annoying objects but it's there. Kind of like you have about family not being worse than your enemies. We could probably do ourselves a favor by ditching these because they don't seem to be that common. Weren't in my family and quite a few others I've seen, anyway. People just annoy each other with their very existence.

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't know exactly where the expectation comes from that people are supposed to love their kids and not think of them as annoying objects but it's there.
Let's face it, humans would die out without having ideas like 'maternal instinct', 'instant baby love' and 'having children is the most important thing you'll do' forced on us. Governments still need workers and cannon fodder to fight their wars after all, so they need to carry on the lie that parenting is wonderful and magical.
Only problem is, those ideas cause problems such as infant deaths at the hands of disillusioned and severely depressed parents.

It's time for some honesty about the sheer drudgery and thanklessness of being a parent. At least then people can be informed and go into it with no illusions of what the lifelong commitment will be like, instead of 'oops, I'm pregnant' or just doing it to please someone else. That someone else won't be helping when there's a colicky baby screaming in the early hours of the morning.

My friend says 'family are people that you hate'. I was sometimes inclined to believe him. :tongue:

Seriously, I'm sick again?

My immune system clearly hates me... :'(

Damn you, seasonal fluctuations!

Hope you get better soon.:happy:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
My friend says 'family are people that you hate'. I was sometimes inclined to believe him.
I'd like to change that to, "People you hate are family."

Because while you may or may not be able to avoid your other enemies, your family will hound you for the rest of your natural life.

------------------------------------------------

Adults (not just in Japan and Korea, but everywhere) are committing suicide more-or-less out of necessity because they can't "fit into the system".

I guess you could call it the most twisted version of "Darwinism" ever created.

I'm not saying the guy in this article ended it all, I'm just saying that it's only a matter of time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-haden-on-the-cost-of-firing-2014-2

-------------------------------------------------

"According to their evaluations it was clear Joe hadn't met requirements. While I still had doubts, the proof was in front of me. The system had spoken. Joe needed to go. So I fired him.

And he cried.

He said he had tried really hard. He said he knew he didn't fit in but he couldn't help it. He told me he had never fit in, not in school, not with friends, not at jobs. He didn't know why but he always seemed to be the outsider. He felt his work wasn't the problem for other employees; working with him was the problem."

-------------------------------------------------

That's just the way life is, I guess. It's probably the primary reason as to why I refuse to have children.

Sure, it could turn out to be a genius, but the odds are 100-to-1 that it won't even end up doing all that well.

Not because they won't be skilled (they most likely will be some form or another) but because their skills aren't "suited" to "real life".

Also, there's the "Automation will take 45 percent of all jobs" thing as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't care how aggressive certain people think they can get with me. I won't have them. I won't bring them up in this hellhole.

http://www.businessinsider.com/profits-high-wages-low-2014-3

http://www.businessinsider.com/wealth-and-income-inequality-in-america-2013-4?op=1

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Let's face it, humans would die out without having ideas like 'maternal instinct', 'instant baby love' and 'having children is the most important thing you'll do' forced on us. Governments still need workers and cannon fodder to fight their wars after all, so they need to carry on the lie that parenting is wonderful and magical.

Probably. I don't see much evidence of those things being real/true. When people say they are, it's usually in retrospect, 25 years after the fact, haha.

EllDawn

My brother posted a picture that another of my brothers, and his wife, took offense at. It wasn't directed at anyone, just something he was posting because of how it sounded. It was actually a screenshot of a news cast where a pregnant woman was waiting for her husband's return after being in Iraq for 12 months. I'm sure you get just how that sounds. My married brother (who is in the army) made it sound like it was the first time it had been posted and didn't want it to go viral. His wife got angry and made it sound like it was talking about her instead of a woman she didn't know. After some comments between her and the brother that posted it, a shared friend of mine and my brother's mentioned being the peacekeeper and my sister-in-law answered her with something akin to, "Don't bother. He's being a toddler and crying for attention." Now, my brother didn't say anything to insult her. He was calm through the conversation. There was nothing that called for her to insult him like that. And some time ago she had complained to her husband about Americans being so disrespectful, implying that Germans were superior. That was the result of a friend of hers missing a lunch date, one she had a good reason for missing and had explained. She still lost her temper over it. I love all three of my brothers, but this one is so much of a follower that he can't even see that no offense was meant and can't think for himself. His wife is the one that makes all the decisions, and he goes along with it. He needs to grow a spine and actually think for himself for once. And she needs to lighten up and stop taking offense at nearly everything.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Everyone has the right to their opinion." Such a destructive statement because if you don't have a functioning brain then you should keep your damn mouth shut. An opinion could be I think you're all a bunch of idiots who need to jump in a pit full of bears. (note:I don't think that. I <3 you guys.) Doesn't make it valid and you'd probably hate me and tell me to go eff myself.

Having an opinion means absolutely nothing.

Nothing at all.

It only becomes valid when you back it up with something rooted in reality or give it some kind of merit because in the end everyone has an opinion but it doesn't mean its good, right, or worth sharing.

Stating the obvious? Pretty much. Have I partaken in giving my 2 cents when I should have backed down? I think we're all guilty of that.

If only the people can be a little more vigilant when it comes to their actions.

Another thing that's very destructive: Irrational hatred of people on the internet.

I mean, we've all done it. There's that person, or subject, or something that we just rage over and don't think about. If you read the Cracked article that I think you just read then you'll probably know what I'm talking about, because the article broaches the entitlement problem and a few others.

Top Bottom