• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dark Drakan

Admin
And the other day I'm getting ready to clock in I decide to check my time card and show I never clocked in for Saturday but clocked out. :banghead: Frell it!!!

I do that all the time too but bosses never check mine as I havent had a day off ill or unauthorized in my life from school/college or work so they know im here.

You know, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I just need to say it. :frown:

I feel like such an outsider here. I feel like I'm not welcome. I like DmC, but I feel like I'm walking on eggshells every time I talk about it. Like, if I say one negative thing about it, the cavalry rides in to shut me down. It's very frustrating. I'm not trying to call out anyone in particular.

I dont play ANY Devil May Cry games (new or old) so cant be as much of an outsider as that. :laugh:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
You know, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I just need to say it. :frown:

I feel like such an outsider here. I feel like I'm not welcome. I like DmC, but I feel like I'm walking on eggshells every time I talk about it. Like, if I say one negative thing about it, the cavalry rides in to shut me down. It's very frustrating. I'm not trying to call out anyone in particular.

Just because they bleat the loudest doesn't mean they're right.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

I've had that feeling before, too. I know what you mean. I don't like DmC, but I do what I can to remain respectful to the fans who do, and refrain from saying anything negative about it-I merely say I don't like it, and move on.

The thing that irks me is this: for some reason, there's always that one person that has to say, "Why?"

Why do they need to ask? Why should anyone be grilled, just because they don't like something? When they state they dislike one of the games I love, I don't make them run the gauntlet over it.

The other thing is (I'm sure you've noticed this, too) the same people (and hell no, I'm not naming names; for one, that's petty, and for two-I like some of the posters, despite this) that get ticked off at someone not liking DmC will say a whole plethora of negative things about the other games.

Gah!

So in short, don't feel like an outsider; you have every bit as much right to be here as anyone else. :)

Just because they bleat the loudest doesn't mean they're right.

^ This. Couldn't have said it better, myself (of course not, I ramble, lol!)

Meg

You know, I posted my rant here instead of making a new thread because I just wanted to thought dump without the thread getting derailed with responses. :tongue:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
You know, I posted my rant here instead of making a new thread because I just wanted to thought dump without the thread getting derailed with responses. :tongue:

Lol!

Um...oops? ^^;

Rant: Why is it when I'm hell-bent on writing, I have something else that requires doing? Then when I do have time to write, my mind suddenly becomes sluggish?

*Tugs on hair* Okay, this will get done! (Tricky dialogue is tricky!)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Gah - I hate my over-emotional meltdowns that I have once every few weeks. The rational part of me knows it isn't going to help matters or change things but the rest of me just wants to curl up in a ball of self-pity and worry and bawl my eyes out for an hour or so.

Screw you, autism. You suck.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I had a visitor today... my Doctor...
He's agreed to give me 'cognitive therapy' (grief counselling). I'm just p***ed that it took all of this cr*p before it was suggested.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I had a visitor today... my Doctor...
He's agreed to give me 'cognitive therapy' (grief counselling). I'm just p***ed that it took all of this cr*p before it was suggested.
Should have been sooner for you. But, that's how it seems to be these days when they take so long to get important things sorted. I hope the doctor is able to help, or at least just give you someone to talk to, maybe even vent at.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Should have been sooner for you. But, that's how it seems to be these days when they take so long to get important things sorted. I hope the doctor is able to help, or at least just give you someone to talk to, maybe even vent at.

Thanks, I hope so too.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So... ugh.... if I knew he was going to be so anal about stuff I post on MY fb then I'd never have convinced him to join. Effin hell. I'm deactivating my account before the weekend is over.

I is a sad panda. :( You're one of the few people on there I actually pay attention to, lol.

But...if you must, do whatever you need to do. At least there's still here. :)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

Shut-up-Meg-worlzq.jpg

you're a valued member of this forum and if you don't think as highly of yourself as we do then you may leave. we're dicks to eachother at times...i get that. but srsly. my interwebs **** is your interwebs ****. alright. now come in the back, we're gonna do coke with james franco and seth rogan.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i asked her out...but if was so ****ing awkward. i hope i didn't scare her off. people say i have a bit of a rape face when i get nervous and i was hella nervous. **** man. and then on top of that i have to do sports. dude **** sports. thats why madden and 2k were created right? **** dude. and then i have a project to do in trig. **** trig. i'm going to college...to study film...****ING FILM. WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO ****ING DRAW A PARABOLA WITH MY DICK ON JESSIE EISENBURG'S BELLY!?! IS THAT'S WHATS GONNA HAPPEN? IT'S NOT COMPLETELY OFF THE TABLE JUST...I DUNNO IT'S HIGHLY UNLIKELY

KRSkull

Brain: ARE YOU AN IDIOT OR WHAT. MONOPOLY IS A SKILL GAME. You can't just go and buy a land from someone for 15M. Damn it

Me: sorry brain

Reactions: Jak

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Does no one teach teenagers anything these days?
Sometimes, it seems that way with the amount of stupid things teenagers do. :tongue:

Sure, some of them do extreme things like ending up on talk shows trying to find the father of their child, turn to prostitution, drop out of school, drink underage and do drugs.

But, most of them are alright; they just have poor judgement and hardly any life experience, so they do dumb things. We were all teens once, so I'm sure we all came across as little sh!ts to someone at some point but never realised it because that's what teenagers are like.
They're still learning the rules, working out who they are and what they want out of life. Heck, I've seen adults like that too. :tongue:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I had no idea that inheritance tax from estates and savings had gone up so high. 40% is atrocious.

Why should people be taxed on a house that they paid for using their wages which were already taxed at 40%? Makes no sense to me. I suppose next they will be forcing people to sell their Rolexes, cars, bikes and anything else of value to levy a tax off of it.:facepalm:

So, people can't enjoy the fruits of their labour and can't pass all of it on to their children? It's like the hard workers are being punished.
What annoys me the most is that the rate is 40%. That's hundreds of thousands of pounds, even millions, from a house sale, investments and assets accrued due to a lifetime of hard work, given to this useless, underserving government.

The government are like vultures. Yet government is able to avoid this, so it has become 'do as I say, not as I do'. Failing that, any money the government does get from this tax will either be wasted or used to fund their own lifestyles.

No wonder it's advisable to frequently gift money to relatives, set up trust funds, family businesses, and buy assets in the names of your children to avoid this tax.

I don't think it would be a bad idea at all if the tax was to genuinely help the less fortunate, but all I see are politicians and charity CEOs/ directors lining their own pockets, instead of helping others.

Top Bottom