• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
[quote="Loopy, post: 507952, member: 24188" Men are not just walking cash machines and women are not just baby makers and sex toys to be bought.
You mean they're not?? :'(
[/quote]
Of course not. It would be a very sad world if the only thing men were good for is money. It's like saying men have nothing else going for them. What about personality, or sharing hobbies?
Same goes for women.

They have that song on a holiday advert. So the advert makes me laugh because I think of being trolled:lol:
Butlins=:troll: We're trolling you while you're on holiday.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I know what you mean. It's too bad there are so few women outside the U.S. and U.K. that actually share my interests... most of them are so boring.

But, never mind about that. I'll live.

That was a nice commercial, but I still can't get over the name. Is it wrong that immediately thought of spotted dick when I saw that?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
i hate when i'm asked to do something, then the person i did it for doesn't like the way i did it...
That's called, "employment".

And you will like it, goddamn it. :mad:

I hate it when bosses have this "just-be-grateful-you're-even-working" attitude. It's the reason why I support the all these violent protests going on today. It puts the fear of God in those sons-of-bitches.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Balls! Gotta find my 'record of achievement'... great, I really need reminding what a cr*p human being I am right now... ah well, there's always that City & Guilds Certificate... which reminds me of the year I didn't do in college... fudge...
Achievements... more like a pile of sh*t ...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Balls! Gotta find my 'record of achievement'... great, I really need reminding what a cr*p human being I am right now... ah well, there's always that City & Guilds Certificate... which reminds me of the year I didn't do in college... fudge...
Achievements... more like a pile of sh*t ...
Kind of like my resume. :lol:

... Exactly like my resume. :ermm:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Kind of like my resume. :lol:

... Exactly like my resume. :ermm:

:/ They are absolutely pointless things, I've even discovered that most of resumes aren't even read in full by potential employers...what is the point?
This is my first resume and they say "put down positive stuff"... uhh... no... what do they want "I love life and puke rainbows"? They'll get the honest truth... (brutally honest)...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
:/ They are absolutely pointless things, I've even discovered that most of resumes aren't even read in full by potential employers...what is the point?
This is my first resume and they say "put down positive stuff"... uhh... no... what do they want "I love life and puke rainbows"? They'll get the honest truth... (brutally honest)...

Edited out.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think they use computer programs to read CVs and resumes if there are a lot of applicants. It supposed to save time and money by checking for key words. Personally, I don't think they should be using that method of checking. CVs/ resume are not an accurate reflection of what a person is really like.

Funny thing is, I've written CVs, but I've actually gotten all my offers because of meeting people or face to face interviews. So I really don't see the point of a CV or resume. They do not give the same impression of a person as an interview does, or give a person the chance to show what they really are like face to face. :/

DanteStyle

但丁是我的

They look for key phrases - what skills you possess that they require, what experience you have that might benefit their company, it's all done with a fairly trained eye. Don't bother with things like hobbies. Tell them who you are, where you're from, and what you can do/have done. Don't need to pretty it up with a long list of past employment unless it's a target skill that you can use for the job you're applying for.
And MultiBro is right, the cover letter either makes it or breaks it. Promote yourself in terms of the role you're aiming for and make it about THEM, eg. I heard YOU are looking for someone who haz skillz like dis - well I got dis and dat and sum moar of dat - and I've been striving to work for your/a company like yours in such and such a positiion, etc, look forward to hearing from you ciao. It's a different kind of social game because you really do need to sell yourself to them, not overdo it and not stray off the track either, and not coming off as someone who had copied and pasted the whole draft off the internet.

In my case, the more real you are with people, the more approachable you become, the more employers will favour you over others. I've cut my resume short from 4 pages down to 1 (2 at most), and my cover letters are usually short, to the point, and friendly. I see you've got this role advertised....I'm interested... I have experience... attached is my resume.... call me. ;)... and they do call. I've had more luck job hunting this way than I have through recruitment companies. At any rate the calls to arrange interviews flooded in more than when I was with Hays.

Just make sure you kill it in the interview.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Must you really start again with the whole "So and so walks into a bar" thing again? Having characters conform to the way you think they should fit in to society is about as useless as politicians doing something right.

aoshi

Dude, You call that BBQ chicken???

Meat was too fibre-y(god i can't find adverb of fibre...Damn it). Probably the fault of meat.

Anyway, I am not buying from you next time.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hate my own race sometimes. (African American)

I hate how we have a stereotype about us and how we're always presented as cocky, assholes who flaunt as "SWAG" we are and talk about money and sex. I also hate how the media perceive black people as if we all are like that. True, I can be cocky, but not downright pigheaded, and yes I admit to talking about sex (Those who know me here know my love for Hentai) but I don't talk about it all the damn time.

I listen to rap, yeah but I don't JUST listen to rap, and R&B like that's the only thing to listen to. And some of these rappers are just awful. Chief Keef? Lil wayne? Really? So I guess 2Pac and Biggie were just amateurs then?

So lets round it out;

I don't eat fried chicken that much.
Kool-aid is something I only drink a few times.
I eat watermelon considerably.
I don't live in the ghetto, and wasn't raised in the hood.
I'm not loud, obnoxious nor am I rude.
I don't go off on people for the stupidest reasons.
If I have a kid, I won't run out on him/her.
I'm in college.
I'm not extremely lazy.
I don't just play Madden, NBA, and shooting games.
I speak proper.
Sadly, I'm not athletic.
Never went to jail.
I'm not violent.
We're not all poor.
I don't smoke weed nor marijuana.
I can swim fine.
I don't know how to rap.
I don't like bringing up the race card every damn second.
I hate the word "swag"
I don't sag my pants
I don't care about the race of the women. White or Black.

I don't do a lot of the things that people assume black people do.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm thinking education sucks in the Netherlands. No, I don't want to friggin' start off the school year by going camping and doing sports and ****e for a week. ''Oh, but it's mandatory. It's part of the curriculum.'' Ah, yes, that explains why IT DOESN'T TEACH ME ANYTHING. Man, is school even about learning stuff anymore, or is it just one big social gathering? I'd like to get a job after this, you know, one that requires knowledge, not just 'dashing good looks and a million dollar smile'. My brother doesn't even have a degree in anything, and yet, he's running his own business now, at the age of 28. Are you kidding me? And that camp isn't even organized by the school itself, but by some kind of student body, so how can they say it's mandatory? Nnnnghh!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
They look for key phrases - what skills you possess that they require, what experience you have that might benefit their company, it's all done with a fairly trained eye. Don't bother with things like hobbies. Tell them who you are, where you're from, and what you can do/have done. Don't need to pretty it up with a long list of past employment unless it's a target skill that you can use for the job you're applying for.
And MultiBro is right, the cover letter either makes it or breaks it. Promote yourself in terms of the role you're aiming for and make it about THEM, eg. I heard YOU are looking for someone who haz skillz like dis - well I got dis and dat and sum moar of dat - and I've been striving to work for your/a company like yours in such and such a positiion, etc, look forward to hearing from you ciao. It's a different kind of social game because you really do need to sell yourself to them, not overdo it and not stray off the track either, and not coming off as someone who had copied and pasted the whole draft off the internet.

In my case, the more real you are with people, the more approachable you become, the more employers will favour you over others. I've cut my resume short from 4 pages down to 1 (2 at most), and my cover letters are usually short, to the point, and friendly. I see you've got this role advertised....I'm interested... I have experience... attached is my resume.... call me. ;)... and they do call. I've had more luck job hunting this way than I have through recruitment companies. At any rate the calls to arrange interviews flooded in more than when I was with Hays.

Just make sure you kill it in the interview.

TBH, It's not for an interview, I'm with this program (run by the government... of course :ermm: ), and it's my first task... I don't know why I have to do it, I mean, it's not like they haven't got all of my stuff on their database anyway....
Also. How are you suppose to 'sell yourself' with low self-esteem? I swear that's what these people in this group don't understand...

CRT: PLAYING AT IT? You make me sick... I really hate you...

Britt690

Uh, you do realize I can't see what that person says because he's on the ignored list right, and I am ignoring him for a reason. You can still pointlessly argue with this idiot if you want to, but I'd just rather not.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
How are you suppose to 'sell yourself' with low self-esteem? I swear that's what these people in this group don't understand...

Ah, I hate that sort of thing - "tell us 5 positive things about yourself". Still can't do it and if I am somehow forced to say something nice about myself, I feel like I need a shower afterwards :lol:

I know the idea is to get people with low self esteem to start thinking differently, but it's so hard to do. You know what might help? If you ask some people via PM to tell you one genuine positive thing they think about you and to explain it so you know it's not just BS - that can sometimes help give some perspective and make you start to think more nicely about yourself. Or perhaps talk about yourself within the context of something you love such as your art - you could say, "I'm a fast learner and willing to try new things, as demonstrated by X" or "I'm getting really good at X, and people on *insert preferred arty site here* have complimented me on my work to prove it"

Britt690

I really can't stand people when they say being a lesbian is okay, yet being gay is wrong. You do realize they are the same thing, right?

P.S. I'm not a lesbian, I just don't see why people are so hypocritical.:p

Top Bottom