• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The odd morality.

Slacri

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES IT REALLY DIED????
Think about it: that baby seemed like it can go around without Lilith. I know, I know, sounds far fetched. But what if, that baby manages to regenerate and self-sustain? What if Dante has to face it when he is older? Again, far fetched, yes...but couldn't that be possible?
The Son of Sparda fighting the Son of Mundus actually sounds like a cool rivalry.

Slacri

Now that is a bogus assumption now that I replayed the boss fight it absolutely knows what lilith is saying during the combat Lilith gives that thing orders so its capable of understanding... So we can't even call it innocent
I don't recall it responding to anything other than "pull me in."

Paexie

Thanks for the example. You see the difference between Peter not stopping the robber and Dante not stopping Vergil is Peter not stopping that robber is a big point in his story. It's a flaw, but they elaborate on it and make a point of it. It's brought up all the time in his comics, films and tv shows. It's bad storytelling because even though Dante has these issues they don't do anything with it like they do with Peter Parker.
Again you forgot that it's brought up with Mundus.
Again you forgot what the baby was.
Again you are taking the analogy too literally.
Again you are taking this waaaaaay to much into account.

The baby was evil, it was intelligent. It wanted to kill Dante. Why can't you see that? The only one in the moral wrong here is Vergil doing exactly what Phineas told Dante to do and he did it in an awfully cruel way, because he didn't see her capable of good or just being harmless.

AlchemistFromEden

Thanks for the example. You see the difference between Peter not stopping the robber and Dante not stopping Vergil is Peter not stopping that robber is a big point in his story. It's a flaw, but they elaborate on it and make a point of it. It's brought up all the time in his comics, films and tv shows. It's bad storytelling because even though Dante has these issues they don't do anything with it like they do with Peter Parker.
because its an ACTION GAME, do you honestly think they have all the time in the world to animate as many inner monologues as possible, you know what......i'm following dragon master's example
tumblr_m7qyg87mCU1r1608m.gif

Slacri

Again you forgot that it's brought up with Mundus.
Again you forgot what the baby was.
Again you are taking the analogy too literally.
Again you are taking this waaaaaay to much into account.

The baby was evil, it was intelligent. It wanted to kill Dante. Why can't you see that? The only one in the moral wrong here is Vergil doing exactly what Phineas told Dante to do and he did it in an awfully cruel way, because he didn't see her capable of good or just being harmless.
It wasn't brought up by Mundus, he died before it was even born. How was it intelligent? It didn't do anything but whack at Dante a bit. Anyway, I'm going to bed. It was a fun discussion guys, might reply in a day or two.

Paexie

It wasn't brought up by Mundus, he died before it was even born. How was it intelligent? It didn't do anything but whack at Dante a bit. Anyway, I'm going to bed. It was a fun discussion guys, might reply in a day or two.
It understood what Lilith was saying... christ.

ALSO MUNDUS DID BRING IT UP "Why did you kill my son?" man didn't you see how Dante hesitated then?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Calling it now; in before anyone else. We've been trolled.:troll:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
sincerely trolling
So, from those posts, I get the feeling whoever it was is anti abortion, but pro death penalty. Also we gave good counter arguments, they were ignored, or replied to with the same confused rhetoric. Anyway....glad that's over. >_<

Naahh I don't know guys...he seemed sincere :O
If that is true....I'm worried....

KaizenShio

anyway this brought up a point and its a little disturbing but......... Was she pregnant Before or after the sex scene

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
anyway this brought of a point and its a little disturbing but......... Was she pregnant Before or after the sex scene
No....just no! I don't want that image :lol: I'm guessing he only wanted to tap her once to get the job done. Looking at that melty face would put a guy off for round 2.

ZeroLove

Slacri is a clear case of anti-DmC hater. He's allowed to not like the game, that's his perogative, but he is clearly trying to rile you guys up. I called him out on it and a few minutes later, he logged off.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
It actually weirds me out that so many people seem so totally on board with that scene and its context. I would have assumed most fans would feel it was gross and unnecessary but otherwise didn't take away from the game overall, but apparently not.

Top Bottom