• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Fine Line of Change

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Pussy whipped is another term for someone being in love?

Ok, in that case DmC Dante became pussy whipped at end of DmC.

Wait for DmC 2, where all the strippers from the club wants to have sex with Dante all at once.

But Dante refuses because his lady Kat refuses.

Nero and Kyrie are more puppy dog love then anything. And yeah, I think Nero's more pussy whipped, while Dante could flirt with other girls, but those girls will be too busy with running away from demons for Dante to have a chance.

Seriously guys?
Nero loved Kyrie. I would too. And before the game started Nero and Kyrie was close to or at same "stage" as Kat and Dante at end of DmC.

No they weren't. Nero and Kyrie loved each other as lovers would. Dante relied on Kat because she was his possible one and only friend. They're not together like that, that's just fan's shipping craves.

I agree Nero should have been his own character, but Capcom recently came up with stupid excuse that "He's actually Vergil's son" (or was that just a rumor/false information?)

Nope. It's been confirmed in a DMC art book that came out a while ago.

Before that Nero was "a descendt of Sparda".

Kind of true.

It's a pity though. I like Nero but i agree that he should not have been so similar to Dante.
But this goes to show you how companies operate. They don't change things, andif they do they try to keep those "similarities" to make you accept it. Nero: similar to Dante but a younger more "hip" with a headset on his head.

Funny because someone told me that Nero was Dante's clone. I would've believed them since didn't play DMC4 yet.

What i would changed by Nero (not because i dislike him):

Nero.jpg

Drop the white hair: Make him more of a independt character than one looking like Dante. NOTE; his hair style in DMC 4 and white hair loooks way better than Dante. But he shudnt be a Dante copy therefor drop the hair colour and possibly style as well.

Maybe make it a bit short and turn it to a sandy brown color or maybe even a light blond color.

Drop the accessory on his hand (looks kinda gay but thats my complaint, minor issue) and i think he has a ring on his fingers too. Its kinda bad with his bad ass look to have rings.

Naw, those can stay since a lot of people wear those accessories.

Drop the gun: Again hes emulating Dante. He should have his own type of missile weapon. Just not a handgun.
I'm thinking a sort of shotgun at least.

Drop the devil arm: and replace its gameplay feature with a grapple similar to DmC Dante

Naw, the DB can stay. It's kind of part of him and can be story driven if written in right.

And instead make Nero a demon through hims using Yamato to much.

That is Nero finds out the more he uses the power of Yamato the more his body turns demonic.

RESULT:
A Nero that stands out. He is Nero - a independt character.
Not a Dante gimmick.

Personally i like Nero. I love his clothes and he looks bad ass just like Dante. Just that he has flaws (so does Dante). The reason why i like Nero is because he is way more independt as character than DmC Dante is. He is Nero , different from Dante.

IncarnatedDemon

Seriously Dragon:
Dante cared close to as much as Nero cared for Kyrie by end of DmC.

Did Kat and Dante kiss? No.
But i said that by end of DmC Kat and Dante was around same level of romantic closeness as Nero and Kyrie in beginning.

Here is things i took noticed:
- Dante told Kat "I liked it rough" and looked at her (indication of writers wanting them to be romantically together?).

- Dante wanted to save Kat and didnt want to put her in danger. And when he realized it was a lost cause he told her to not resist. And he got angry when she got shot.

- During car driving Kat asked Dante "Will you stick through to the end?" he said "You count on it". I'd argue Kat was a factor to Dante changing his opinion about fighting for humans, other factor was Vergil.

- During Vergil speech Dante pointed out how strong Kat was as a human.

- And at ending you see a tender moment with Kat touching his cheeks.

Seriously if all that is not a clear indication that Kat and Dante was around same level as Nero and Kyrie at beginning of DMC 4 then i dont know what is.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Does new Dante go around saying "Let's rock baby!' and wear very flashy red clothes and talk about his d!ck going into something while showing off a gaudy weapon? Nope.
DmC Dante doesn't need to talk about putting his d!ck in things, he just does it:troll:

But i said that by end of DmC Kat and Dante was around same level of romantic closeness as Nero and Kyrie in beginning.
It might not be romantic. Maybe it's just a sense of this struggle they went through together and now they have a deep caring for each other. Just because a guy and girl care about each other doesn't always mean it will become romantic.
- Dante told Kat "I liked it rough" and looked at her (indication of writers wanting them to be romantically together?).
I'd say that comment was Dante still in his 'little douche' mode of just flirting regardless. He didn't know Kat very well then, so he was just testing boundaries.

- Dante wanted to save Kat and didnt want to put her in danger. And when he realized it was a lost cause he told her to not resist. And he got angry when she got shot.
Of course he wanted to save her. Who wouldn't want to save someone from SWAT squad trying to kill them? After Kat helped him with the hunter, of course Dante wanted to protect her from being beaten up, possibly killed and dragged away.

- During car driving Kat asked Dante "Will you stick through to the end?" he said "You count on it". I'd argue Kat was a factor to Dante changing his opinion about fighting for humans, other factor was Vergil.I'd say it was him finally changing as a character. He does care for Kat because she actually gives a damn about him, but I don't know if it's romantic. More like platonic

He would say that about any human who put their life at risk for their cause.

Male and female friends can touch each other like that for reassurance without being romantic. Dante was confused and in need of reassurance, so Kat did what she could to put him at ease. She cares for him, but how much is left up to the viewer.
That same kind of moment happened in NTs other game, Enslaved. Monkey and Trip go through this struggle together, they fight for each other, but at the end, it's unclear if they are romantically attached or it's a platonic relationship.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Kat was used to make Dante take right actions and to make him start caring abouit humans. At end Kat and Dante got as close as Nero and Kyrie.

So i am curious, why is Nero a pussy whipped Dante? I dont get it, would appreciate a nice explanation to that.

Kat isn't a romantic interest. At all.

Although, I don't think Nero is p#ssywhipped at all. Just in love.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Pussy whipped is another term for someone being in love?

I actually agree with Incarnated Demon on this. The problem with Nero is not that he is in love with one girl, and devoted to her, imo. That's actually something I appreciate of him. The problem is his overly-dramatic antics, maybe, but not the fact that he loves someone.
You can find a character funny and entertainig because he flirts with different girls (I like this funny side in DMC Dante), but that doesn't automatically make anyone who doesn't a pu$$y.
What I personally found sappy in the long run was the impression that Nero was only worrying about Kyrie, while other big problems were present (a damn hell gate and monsters who were running free in the city).

And I agree on dropping the gun, but not the Devil Arm. That was a difference from Dante, at least, while a grapple, well, DMC Dante could use it too. A Devil Arm is something Dante doesn't have, and cannot have.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC Dante doesn't need to talk about putting his d!ck in things, he just does it:troll:

Until Vergil comes in and proves who's the "bigger" man.:troll:

Seriously Dragon:

Nero and Kyrie were already a couple in the beginning of DMC4. Dante and Kat are still just allies and best friends.

No, that's Dante's flirtatious attitude to all women before he went into his home.

That's because they were actual friends, not lovers.

- During car driving Kat asked Dante "Will you stick through to the end?" he said "You count on it". I'd argue Kat was a factor to Dante changing his opinion about fighting for humans, other factor was Vergil.

Yeah she probably was, but that doesn't mean he was in love with her.

Cause that's kind of what good friends do for one another.

Most people do that to comfort those who are grief stricken, not to be romantically in love.

Seriously if all that is not a clear indication that Kat and Dante was around same level as Nero and Kyrie at beginning of DMC 4 then i dont know what is.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Does new Dante go around saying "Let's rock baby!' and wear very flashy red clothes and talk about his d!ck going into something while showing off a gaudy weapon? Nope.
"Nero is more Dante-like than Donte" (What).

Nero has his own name, core weapons and backstory. Personality-wise, both aren't too far of Young!Dante.

LysseC

DmC Dante doesn't need to talk about putting his d!ck in things, he just does it:troll:.
Lol'ed so much. :troll:
Until Vergil comes in and proves who's the "bigger" man.:troll:
Lol'ed again. This time even more. Go, Vergil!!!!!!:troll:
She cares for him, but how much is left up to the viewer.
Yeah, until I see them doing something explicit, I won't say that they are really together as per canon. Their relationship is open to speculation.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Seriously Dragon:

Nope. It was stated during development that Kat was not a love interest, mostly because it's hackneyed at this point that every character has to have some sort of place in a pairing.

Narrrrp.

Dante was hitting on a girl withint the first like...half a day of knowing her. It was more about trying to impress the new person with his cheeky wit instead of actively looking for someone to love.

Kat was her friend, and he owed her a lot. It's possible to care about someone of the opposite sex without wanting to be romantically involved with them.

That's the point. Kat is part of what helps Dante understand humanity and compassion. Understanding the plights that humans like Kat have faced helped Dante to realize that he's not the only person living a sh!tty life because of the demons.

Yup, because Kat was just as integral to The Order's success as Dante was. Doesn't mean he wanted in her pants, just because he acknowledged her clear achievements.

A comforting hand and assuring someone through a tough moment isn't indicative of romantic feelings. Kat cares for her friend Dante, and his personal well-being.

I know what it is! A platonic relationship. Or...what many people call a...
tumblr_mcmme4xTcQ1rjf0uho1_r2_500.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
A comforting hand and assuring someone through a tough moment isn't indicative of romantic feelings. Kat cares for her friend Dante, and his personal well-being.
What's next. She hugs him and that also means romatic love? Then again, guys and girls in real life confuse friendly words or comforting touch for romantic intent so....you know>_<

Unless we see actual romantic proof like a meaningful kiss, I'm sticking with Dante and Kat just being close friends who care a lot for each other because of the struggle they went through together.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What's next. She hugs him and that also means romatic love? Then again, guys and girls in real life confuse friendly words or comforting touch for romantic intent so....you know>_<

Unless we see actual romantic proof like a meaningful kiss, I'm sticking with Dante and Kat just being close friends who care a lot for each other because of the struggle they went through together.

Yeah >.<

Since we a) don't see them engage in any acts that could be considered romantic, and b) Ninja Theory already told us explicitly that Kat was not a romantic interest, the only conclusion would really be that they ain't in love.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah >_<

Since we a) don't see them engage in any acts that could be considered romantic, and b) Ninja Theory already told us explicitly that Kat was not a romantic interest, the only conclusion would really be that they ain't in love.

Exactly. Kat was not meant to be romance material. Besides, for me that would cheapen what Kat and Dante have. It's a relationship built on growing trust; Dante discovering that he can have real feelings, that someone can care about him who he doesn't have to pay for (like the hookers) and how Kat can also trust Dante to have her back too.It would ruin it for me if suddenly at the end of the game had the two of them confessing their love for no reason and kissing. It just wouldn't fit with the tone of the game. Not for me anyway.

NT are more into ambiguous relationships where it's up to the game to read into the relationship whatever they want. Like Trip and Monkey in Enslaved. They went through a lot, enough to maybe make them have romantic feelings, but at the end of the game it is uncertain.

LysseC

It would ruin it for me if suddenly then end of the game was the two of them confessing their love for no reason and kissing.
Yeah, I agree. Although it is entirely possible that they will develop romantic feelings for each other, this would indeed require some time.
Their relationship has just blossomed (after all, the events of DmC happen in the space of just a few days), and it still has to evolve. It could go in the direction of frienship as well as of romantic interest.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Exactly. Kat was not meant to be romance material. Besides, for me that would cheapen what Kat and Dante have. It's a relationship built on growing trust; Dante discovering that he can have real feelings, that someone can care about him who he doesn't have to pay for (like the hookers) and how Kat can also trust Dante to have her back too.It would ruin it for me if suddenly at the end of the game had the two of them confessing their love for no reason and kissing. It just wouldn't fit with the tone of the game. Not for me anyway.

NT are more into ambiguous relationships where it's up to the game to read into the relationship whatever they want. Like Trip and Monkey in Enslaved. They went through a lot, enough to maybe make them have romantic feelings, but at the end of the game it is uncertain.

The big thing is that whole shtick is just Hollywood schlock. A guy and a girl go through an adventure and end up kissing at the end because people like happy endings, and what's happier than finding love? The ambiguity we see in Enslaved and DmC (and a few others of course) is the real life. Going through an adventure doesn't inherently get a chick so wet she just needs to get on the guy she's with.

It makes so little sense, that's why so many people are tired of it >.<

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The big thing is that whole shtick is just Hollywood schlock. A guy and a girl go through an adventure and end up kissing at the end because people like happy endings, and what's happier than finding love? The ambiguity we see in Enslaved and DmC (and a few others of course) is the real life. Going through an adventure doesn't inherently get a chick so wet she just needs to get on the guy she's with.

It makes so little sense, that's why so many people are tired of it >_<
Pretty much this ^^
Guy goes through challenges, fights the bad guy, wins, and then is of course 'rewarded' with a girl that he likes, because that's just what is expected to happen. In the real world, don't expect to be 'rewarded' with a girl just because you are 'nice' or pass a test. All that stuff is just a Hollywood dream sold to make good feelings. It does lead to a lot of real life problems and unattainable expectations though....I'm glad NT makes it so that neither Monkey or Dante get the girl. It's more realistic. After the game, they could be friends, part ways or maybe spend more time together and become romantic.

IncarnatedDemon

I stand by my opinion. Just becuz in real life there may things likr this dosent mean Tameem necessarily had such mindset for the relationship between the two.
And ive not seen ever a girl hold a friend in such way and they continued being just friends.

its all speculation ofc but i highly doubt Kat holding Dante cheeks like that meant nothing.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pretty much this ^^
Guy goes through challenges, fights the bad guy, wins, and then is of course 'rewarded' with a girl that he likes, because that's just what is expected to happen. In the real world, don't expect to be 'rewarded' with a girl just because you are 'nice' or pass a test. All that stuff is just a Hollywood dream sold to make good feelings. It does lead to a lot of real life problems and unattainable expectations though....I'm glad NT makes it so that neither Monkey or Dante get the girl. It's more realistic. After the game, they could be friends, part ways or maybe spend more time together and become romantic.

Well, hey, don't expect to get a girl as a reward for passing a test or being nice, but also even doing something Hollywood-like akin to defusing a bomb or saving the country. It just...doesn't happen like that >.< Gender roles getting reversed doesn't change anything either :p

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I stand by my opinion. Just becuz in real life there may things likr this dosent mean Tameem necessarily had such mindset for the relationship between the two.
And ive not seen ever a girl hold a friend in such way and they continued being just friends.

its all speculation ofc but i highly doubt Kat holding Dante cheeks like that meant nothing.
But we won't know because we aren't Tameem.

Friends do that to each other in real life. Sure it could be romantic intent, but it could also be a deep friendship. You learn that sort of thing as you get older.

Well, hey, don't expect to get a girl as a reward for passing a test or being nice, but also even doing something Hollywood-like akin to defusing a bomb or saving the country. It just...doesn't happen like that >_< Gender roles getting reversed doesn't change anything either :p
Yep, even diffusing a bomb or saving the world does not mean you get girls lining up around the block to date you. That's just a teenage fantasy. :lol: If you're an ass or unlikable, no matter what you do, no matter how heroic, girls won't touch with a long pole.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

You're missing the point that Tameem and Ninja Theory explicitly stated that Kat wasn't a romantic interest, and therefore no matter how hard someone 'ships them, or how much one thinks they're lovers - they just aren't.

I've been comforted by girls in much the same way, and there were no romantic feelings involved at all. We were just friends, and she was helping me through a difficult time...actually...it was two girls in that time I was thinking about. Does that mean I'm a player...?

Anyway, you'r right, Kat touching Dante's cheek wasn't meaningless - she was comforting the friend that she cared about and trusted.

I've also hugged my male friends when they went through difficult times of their own - does that mean I'm one of those gaymosexuals?

Top Bottom