• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Read my post again. I added more.

Read why i dont copy other games ;)
well if that's really the details for your story, and you're using devil may cry as its main source that's great, because that's your telling of the story. i myself am doing my version of the devil may cry tale and if you wanna read it its in the fan fic section, i wished people would embrace DmC as a re-telling instead of a dead end to a great series.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well if that's really the details for your story, and you're using devil may cry as its main source that's great, because that's your telling of the story. i myself am doing my version of the devil may cry tale and if you wanna read it its in the fan fic section, i wished people would embrace DmC as a re-telling instead of a dead end to a great series.
I was joking with you - and you didnt even notice.
I said "I try to evade copying other games or sources" . "Danteous, half beast half human and has a sword called "Beast bringer" . Lol =p

I was joking.

Story + Gameplay = good.

Capcom is very good at gameplay - as i said the rest is on Ninja theorys shoulder.

And Choco make your own story, character etc.
Dont do the same mistake like and making another "DMC", another Spiderman, Another Batman etc.

Make your own unique story with its own unique characters.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I said "I try to evade copying other games or sources" . "Danteous, half beast half human and has a sword called "Beast bringer" . Lol =p

I was joking.

Story + Gameplay = good.

Capcom is very good at gameplay - as i said the rest is on Ninja theorys shoulder.

Dont do the same mistake like and making another "DMC", another Spiderman, Another Batman etc.

oh okay i couldn't tell if you were just being sarcastic or joking, and thank you for being more positive in your posts you don't know how much i appreciate that :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

I was joking.

Story + Gameplay = good.

well for now im doing a dmc fan fiction because its fun to write, and that's what i wanna do at the moment, if i want to write an original story with original characters i will do so.

Reactions: Meg

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I heard them say in an interview "no more sexy girls"
i am no pervert but that cancels out
both Lady and trish being characters in the game according to most the fanbase

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I heard them say in an interview "no more sexy girls"
i am no pervert but that cancels out
both Lady and trish
which interview? i heard tameem say "well it depends on what your definition of sexy is, but i think so" which does scare me, because there's no telling what tameem considers as sexy D:

mrrandomlulz

which interview? i heard tameem say "well it depends on what your definition of sexy is, but i think so" which does scare me, because there's no telling what tameem considers as sexy D:
why do i have a feeling it is a fetish he is referring to , a fetish that has something to do with roadkilled poodles

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
why do i have a feeling it is a fetish he is referring to , a fetish that has something to do with roadkilled poodles
:(
lol nah hopefully there will be an attractive female in the game, not trying to be a perv either, its just all dmc games have a beautiful female character, so why stop now?

Asmodaius

I don't care what others' definition of a fan is.
I don't need anyone telling me who I can or cannot be a fan of.
I don't believe in the phrase "true fan".

I am a fan of Dante and Devil May Cry. That is why I am here.
I am a fan of this Dante:
324px-Dantestare.jpg

And this Dante:
DanteDmCredesign.jpg

And no one is going to tell me that it is impossible for me to be fan of both. Because those who say something like that aren't important. They are just ranting fans who can't accept other people's opinions. And I don't care about such people. It doesn't matter what other people say - I can be a fan of whatever and whoever I want to be a fan of, and no one is ever going to change that other than myself.

I believe the two Dante's are the same character, but set in a parallel worlds. One is half demon/human, the other has both demonic and angelic powers, but still appears human. One has white hair, one has black hair. It doesn't matter. I still see the two of them as two versions of the same character. The original and the new. And I don't care if someone tells me that is wrong. Because they aren't important. They have their opinions, I have mine, and I have mine for a reason and I am not going to change that other than if I choose to change it.

Other people can present their opinions to me, and I can respect if they differ from my own. I will read their opinions and look at the points and arguements they write to back their opinions up with. And if I see something sensible, then I might change my own opinion to fit that as well.

What I will NOT tolerate is someone trying to convince me that my opinions, that the way I think it is, is wrong! I follow the official statements, the FACTS, first! And then form my own opinion around those facts. I won't make up some theory while ignoring the facts. And I won't listen to peope who try and push their own opinions forth as facts. Because they are not important!

If the facts changes, and they can, as the developers are the ones making the facts about THEIR game, then my opinions will change as well to fit those facts. If the facts change to something I like, then that is just good. If they change to something I don't like, then I'm not going to pretend that the facts aren't true and just stick to my own theory. I will disapprove of the fact, but I will still accept it for a fact! I'm not going to ignore it, just to suit my needs. That's ignorancy. And I don't like ignorancy. One thing is to not know about something, another thing is to know, but not accept it and live in denial. I find that utterly ridiculous.

You can dislike a fact, but to pretend it isn't a fact... That's ignorancy. And I'm not going to go down that road, just because someone tells me that I am wrong to have my opinions. Because as said, they aren't important.

I am a fan of both Dante's, and I am going to continue being a fan of both Dante's for as long as I like.

mrrandomlulz

:(
lol nah hopefully there will be an attractive female in the game, not trying to be a perv either, its just all dmc games have a beautiful female character, so why stop now?
lol Well 4 had 3 1 was a damsel in distress and the other 2 were barely seen
but other than this dmc5 should have a remake of lady

mrrandomlulz

324px-Dantestare.jpg

And this Dante:
DanteDmCredesign.jpg

And no one is going to tell me that it is impossible for me to be fan of both. Because those who say something like that aren't important. They are just ranting fans who can't accept other people's opinions. And I don't care about such people. It doesn't matter what other people say - I can be a fan of whatever and whoever I want to be a fan of, and no one is ever going to change that other than myself.

I believe the two Dante's are the same character, but set in a parallel worlds. One is half demon/human, the other has both demonic and angelic powers, but still appears human. One has white hair, one has black hair. It doesn't matter. I still see the two of them as two versions of the same character. The original and the new. And I don't care if someone tells me that is wrong. Because they aren't important. They have their opinions, I have mine, and I have mine for a reason and I am not going to change that other than if I choose to change it.

Other people can present their opinions to me, and I can respect if they differ from my own. I will read their opinions and look at the points and arguements they write to back their opinions up with. And if I see something sensible, then I might change my own opinion to fit that as well.

What I will NOT tolerate is someone trying to convince me that my opinions, that the way I think it is, is wrong! I follow the official statements, the FACTS, first! And then form my own opinion around those facts. I won't make up some theory while ignoring the facts. And I won't listen to peope who try and push their own opinions forth as facts. Because they are not important!

If the facts changes, and they can, as the developers are the ones making the facts about THEIR game, then my opinions will change as well to fit those facts. If the facts change to something I like, then that is just good. If they change to something I don't like, then I'm not going to pretend that the facts aren't true and just stick to my own theory. I will disapprove of the fact, but I will still accept it for a fact! I'm not going to ignore it, just to suit my needs. That's ignorancy. And I don't like ignorancy. One thing is to not know about something, another thing is to know, but not accept it and live in denial. I find that utterly ridiculous.

You can dislike a fact, but to pretend it isn't a fact... That's ignorancy. And I'm not going to go down that road, just because someone tells me that I am wrong to have my opinions. Because as said, they aren't important.

I am a fan of both Dante's, and I am going to continue being a fan of both Dante's for as long as I like.
I can and will respect that
It is just Tameem's Publicity stunts (that of which can easily can be compared to PETA)that make me mad
I am actually interested to see what this game will be like

CoolDemon

X will never be Y

324px-Dantestare.jpg

And this Dante:
DanteDmCredesign.jpg

Pick one of those two Dantes. And i will then tell you which one your MORE fan of.
Even if you like the one or the other by a tiny 0,0000000001% it will be enough for me to tell you which your more fan of.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Pick one of those two Dantes. And i will then tell you which one your MORE fan of.
Even if you like the one or the other by a tiny 0,0000000001% it will be enough for me to tell you which your more fan of.

324px-Dantestare.jpg

And this Dante:
DanteDmCredesign.jpg

exactly. you can like both. nobody can tell you that you can't, and you certainly don't need anyone telling you that you need to like one more than the other.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
As I have said to you before... No, I won't.
I was sloopy and gave impression that you can´t be fan of two characters . But believe me your more fan of one of the Dantes. And the fact you refuse to answer just proves my point.
DmC Dante and DMC Dante is not a matter of Mario and Link. DMC Dante is the original and DmC is the version.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I was sloopy and gave impression that you can´t be fan of two characters . But believe me your more fan of one of the Dantes. And the fact you refuse to answer just proves my point.
DmC Dante and DMC Dante is not a matter of Mario and Link. DMC Dante is the original and DmC is the version.
why do persist to make people choose between the two? yeah most people probably like DMC dante more, i myself do, but the point all of is trying to make cooldemon is that you can like BOTH. earlier you said you can't be a fan of both that would be hypocritical, and it isn't. you can be a fan of BOTH it doesn't matter if you like DMC dante more than DmC dante or if you like DmC dante more than DMC dante the point is you can like BOTH. and according to my poll there are almost as many people who like BOTH dantes as people who like JUST DMC dante.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
why do persist to make people choose between the two? yeah most people probably like DMC dante more, i myself do, but the point all of is trying to make cooldemon is that you can like BOTH. earlier you said you can't be a fan of both that would be hypocritical, and it isn't. you can be a fan of BOTH it doesn't matter if you like DMC dante more than DmC dante or if you like DmC dante more than DMC dante the point is you can like BOTH. and according to my poll there are almost as many people who like BOTH dantes as people who like JUST DMC dante.
I explained i was sloopy on expressing my full thoughts. But being fan can be from simple interest in a character to worshipping the character in a way.
And i have expressed that you can be fan of both - but that you are more fan of one in particular than the other.

Let´s look into a scenario:
Your fan of two characters. DmC Dante and DMC Dante. But one of them must die. Knowing that you like one of them more than the other - you pick the one you are more fan of.
Whichever you pick is the one i would say your more fan of.

And that proves my point that there is no equal 50-50% of being fan of two characters. More like 49% -51% kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom