• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
and none of us can be fans of the new Dante since we barely know jack diddly squat about him
for all we know he could turn into a top hat wearing monkey yelling "NOPE CHUCK TESTA" holding up a burning corpse of a hooker for a sword as his super devil trigger later on in the game

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
and none of us can be fans of the new Dante since we barely know jack diddly squat about him
for all we know he could turn into a top hat wearing monkey yelling "NOPE CHUCK TESTA" holding up a burning corpse of a hooker for a sword as his super devil trigger later on in the game
lol well i was being realistic about the situation, but from the footage we've seen dante has a similiar personality. he kills demons with style, he says cocky remarks/one liners, but that's about all.

mrrandomlulz

lol well i was being realistic about the situation, but from the footage we've seen dante has a similiar personality. he kills demons with style, he says cocky remarks/one liners, but that's about all.
well it would also be like if capcom said
"Hey lets give chuck greene a stupid peta member for a girlfriend" ..... oh sorry i forgot they already did that

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
lol well i agree with dante_incognito to an extent. i mean "fans" is a self-proclaimatory term, but none the less that's the term we use to call ourselves. buuuuut i do believe there's no such thing as a "true" fan, if you like something you are a fan, and there are different extents of fandom, but think of it this way: if there are "true" fans that mean there must be "fake" fans....:confused:? lol
Yes, i believe there are true fans. And fake fans.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
and to you a true fans reaction is
not necessarily, because im a "true" fan (i despise using this term) and i really like DmC, to be honest its the game im most anticipated for.

edit: wait are you talking about according to cooldemon's standards that is a true fan's reaction? if so im sorry i thought you meant in general :p

mrrandomlulz

i had too admit i was interested in the new game (more or less i was very curious as well as alot of people) but then
Tameem lost all respect of mine with this

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i had too admit i was interested in the new game (more or less i was very curious as well as alot of people) but then
Tameem lost all respect of mine with this
yeah tameem is horrible for publicity, but despite his attitude im sure people (even tameem) is putting alot of hard work into the game, and hopefully tameem will just keep his mouth shut throughout the rest of DmC's process.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
yeah tameem is horrible for publicity, but despite his attitude im sure people (even tameem) is putting alot of hard work into the game, and hopefully tameem will just keep his mouth shut throughout the rest of DmC's process.
It seems that Tameems thoughts and relations are all over DmC.

We saw the look of Tameem looking like E3 version of DmC character. We know Tameem smokes. And everytime we have seen Tameem he has had a punkish outfitt along with his hair.
And Tameem is british. That explains the flag on DmC Dante.
Punk movement also started in UK.
And the cool stuff that´s been picked to be in DmC is from a british standpoint.

Why wouldn´t he work hard? He´s getting paid, and also chance for more money and its a opportonuity for his company to take over the development of a game that became popular not because of them. And they are getting credits already - some people are under illusion they are responsible for gameplay. Looking at DMC 4 i can easily see (knowing gameplay is collaboration) that its CAcpoms work.

But i will see how the story is. Thats what i will judge Ninja theory on.

mrrandomlulz

We saw the look of Tameem looking like E3 version of DmC character. We know Tameem smokes. And everytime we have seen Tameem he has had a punkish outfitt along with his hair.
And the cool stuff that´s been picked to be in DmC is from a british standpoint.

Why wouldn´t he work hard? He´s getting paid, and also chance for more money and its a opportonuity for his company to take over the development of a game that became popular not because of them. And they are getting credits already - some people are under illusion they are responsible for gameplay. Looking at DMC 4 i can easily see (knowing gameplay is collaboration) that its CAcpoms work.

i think it is safe to say we are all curious as to what capcom is so confident about

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
i think it is safe to say we are all curious as to what capcom is so confident about
The gameplay of DmC is alright. What´s left is if Ninja theory knows how to tell a story. If the story is a copy like how DmC Dante is - then DmC will be a reboot mediocre.

If the story is good and unique then DmC can become a great game. But i have seen they taken things from John Carpenters "They live". So already i see "copied" part of story.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

well we haven't seen dante smoke since the first trailer, dante no longer looks like tameem either, and the british flag on his sleeve is not because tameem is british its because ninja theory is an english developer and they were putting a little easter egg on dante's outfit. (we've discussed this before)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Wait, did you say we weren't allowed to like this new Dante? -_- I hate people who do that.
I don´t like him. Never will. But i am curious if Ninja theory will be as great as people credit them for when it comes to story.

If the story is a story thats been made before - then they are overrated. If its pretty original - then i will say its good.

well we haven't seen dante smoke since the first trailer, dante no longer looks like tameem either, and the british flag on his sleeve is not because tameem is british its because ninja theory is an english developer and they were putting a little easter egg on dante's outfit. (we've discussed this before)
So loads of DmC is based off UK - yet you still think the flag is there because of Ninja theory being british based studio?
The flag is there because DmC is a UK standpoint game.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh no, I wasn't saying you said that. I meant that I saw at the top "we cannot be fans of this new Dante" and that kind of set up a red flag for me.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I don´t like him. Never will. But i am curious if Ninja theory will be as great as people credit them for when it comes to story.

If the story is a story thats been made before - then they are overrated. If its pretty original - then i will say its good.
hopefully it will be an original story since that's what ninja theory is known for. they changed dante into a half angel/half demon/human so they are already doing something original with the story, but hopefully they incorporate it in a way that is awesome and fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom