• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I don´t like him. Never will. But i am curious if Ninja theory will be as great as people credit them for when it comes to story.

If the story is a story thats been made before - then they are overrated. If its pretty original - then i will say its good.

Personally yeah this one game has the story to judge being that is what capcom is so confident in
Tameem says its the combat but from the combat all i saw was God of war

the real question is what the heck it is
ninja theory and capcom have gone out of hand with the damage control
first its a reboot than a parralel universe than a prequel than a parralel universe again
all i hear them saying though is WILL YOU BUY IT NOW GUYS HUH WILL YA

mrrandomlulz

I do not know if i am going to like this one or not
but tameems arrogance tells me he is possibly over looking the flaws of this game and letting them pass right by
but this boycott of the game is very similiar to the one for L4D2 where the solution was a demo of the game was released to high ranking players
but that solution didn't work and it didn't work with this one either
they should just release a demo to the public for the game unless there are some glitches to work out or something

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I do not know if i am going to like this one or not
but tameems arrogance tells me he is possibly over looking the flaws of this game and letting them pass right by
but this boycott of the game is very similiar to the one for L4D2 where the solution was a demo of the game was released to high ranking players
but that solution didn't work and it didn't work with this one either
they should just release a demo to the public for the game unless there are some glitches to work out or something
well if tameem is overlooking the project capcom is overlooking him and they would not let any flaws that they don't want in the game.

mrrandomlulz

well if tameem is overlooking the project capcom is overlooking him and they would not let any flaws that they don't want in the game.
i think it is safe to say not even Cool demon hates the game its tameem that we all hate
he has made the whole project look bad

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i think it is safe to say not even Cool demon hates the game its tameem that we all hate
i don't know im pretty sure cooldemon hates the game, because of everything he has said, and he tries to get other people to not like it, but idk ask him if you want. i do agree that tameem makes the project look bad, because of his way with words. i don't necessarily take what he says as offensive, but tameem makes it seem offensive.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Tameen has to be the absolute worse PR guy I have ever seen.

This situation with DmC was pretty darn delicate. Alot of fans where angry and scared of this new change to their beloved franchise.

And what does he do?

He basically takes a dump on one of the characters they love "Dante" by not only changing him drastically (with Capcom's approval) he also said the old Dante is "uncool" and would "get laughed at".

Its just a poor PR move to be so blunt when the situation the way it is now.

And the whole "inserting himself into DmC" and saying "he does not care what the fans think" only made the situation far worse.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
You said Ninja theory are pretty original story tellers Choco. But Enslaved story was taken from asian story. So Heavenlysword is probably only original story theyve made.

How come you didnt reply to me on that?

EDIT:
2M sold within a month? What? What? What?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You said Ninja theory are pretty original story tellers Choco. But Enslaved story was taken from asian story. So Heavenlysword is probably only original story theyve made.

How come you didnt reply to me on that?
oh i didn't realize you said anything about that. enslaved may have came from a story of asian mythology, but until enslaved i haven't seen any games in north america depicting any asian mythology stories, in fact the only other video game depicting asian mythology that i know of will be asura's wrath, so that is original. also the way they executed everything was original, because they made a story from paper into a visual adventure, so therefore everything they created was original.

mrrandomlulz

Tameen has to be the absolute worse PR guy I have ever seen.

This situation with DmC was pretty darn delicate. Alot of fans where angry and scared of this new change to their beloved franchise.

And what does he do?

He basically takes a dump on one of the characters they love "Dante" by not only changing him drastically (with Capcom's approval) he also said the old Dante is "uncool" and would "get laughed at".

Its just a poor PR move to be so blunt when the situation the way it is now.

And the whole "inserting himself into DmC" and saying "he does not care what the fans think" only made the situation far worse.
tameen seems to be taking chances

you know like a spokes person at PETA when they compared the holocaust to a slaughterhouse
He does not care how many people are offended he just is in it for the Publicity

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
oh i didn't realize you said anything about that. enslaved may have came from a story of asian mythology, but until enslaved i haven't seen any games in north america depicting any asian mythology stories, in fact the only other video game depicting asian mythology that i know of will be asura's wrath, so that is original. also the way they executed everything was original, because they made a story from paper into a visual adventure, so therefore everything they created was original.
We are talking about story now. And story is story - its in a text form most of time. So how can story of Enslaved be original if it was pretty much layed out on asian mythology?

I am talking about story...not art, not music, not character concepts, not how they went about presenting the story.

tameen seems to be taking chances

you know like a spokes person at PETA when they compared the holocaust to a slaughterhouse
He does not care how many people are offended he just is in it for the Publicity
DMC is not a Ninja theory game. That´s why changing Dante for him is a easy thing. I would love to see Namco Bandai giving Heavenly sword to someone else and it got rebooted.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
We are talking about story now. And story is story - its in a text form most of time. So how can story of Enslaved be original if it was pretty much layed out on asian mythology?

I am talking about story...not art, not music, not character concepts, not how they went about presenting the story.

DMC is not a Ninja theory game. That´s why changing Dante for him is a easy thing. I would love to see Namco Bandai giving Heavenly sword to someone else and it got rebooted.
well cooldemon if you put it like that i guess enslaved was not original since its source was laid out for them, so i suppose you're right about that aspect.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well cooldemon if you put it like that i guess enslaved was not original since its source was laid out for them, so i suppose you're right about that aspect.
Which is my point. You may not believe me since i have critized Ninja theorys philosphy "Story and art", but i am working on a story of my own.

And if i dont have that story with good characters then making a game is no point.

And i try to evade anything that may be copying of other games or other sources.

The main characters name is Dantous and he is half beast and half human. And he has a giant sword called Beast bringer". Thats just some details ;) Pretty awesome right?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Which is my point. You may not believe me since i have critized Ninja theorys philosphy "Story and art", but i am working on a story of my own.

And if i dont have that story with good characters then making a game is no point.

And i try to evade anything that may be copying of other games or other sources.
you mentioned that ninja theory's philosophy is story and art, well capcom's philosophy on devil may cry is awesome gameplay, so great story and art + awesome gameplay= great game right? at least that's how i look at it.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
you mentioned that ninja theory's philosophy is story and art, well capcom's philosophy on devil may cry is awesome gameplay, so great story and art + awesome gameplay= great game right? at least that's how i look at it.
Read my post again. I added more.

Read why i dont copy other games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom