• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I don´t need to like two Dantes. There is only one Dante. And if your waiting to have DmC Dante to convince you that hes more cool, then the moment you like him more is the moment your fan of him. And making DMC Dante your second choice of like is pretty much as good as not being a fan of him as well.
even if i like DmC dante more, it doesn't mean im not a fan of DMC dante. i will FOREVER be a fan of both. there are numerous members who respect and accept your opinion on DmC, why can't you do the same for us?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well i think when it comes down to this game i will just by collections but this is not the first time capcom did something that dissapointed a fan *cough *chop till you drop *cough*
either way
the damage control for this game just got out of hand after they changed it from a prequel to a parralel univers

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well i think when it comes down to this game i will just by collections but this is not the first time capcom did something that dissapointed a fan *cough *chop till you drop *cough*
either way
the damage control for this game just got out of hand after they changed it from a prequel to a parralel univers
yeah if they had just told us from the beginning that this game was a parallel universe, i think alot more people would be open-minded to the idea.

mrrandomlulz

yeah if they had just told us from the beginning that this game was a parallel universe, i think alot more people would be open-minded to the idea.
i know and I was actually looking forward to it when it was a prequel but the idea is that apparently Capcom had not even considered bridging the gap between this one and 3 ,
but if it is a parralel universe than they could have an interdimensional gap broken in the game after this one and have this Dante meet the old Dante ( I hope I am not giving capcom any ideas )
otherwise it would have been non canon

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i know and I was actually looking forward to it when it was a prequel but the idea is that apparently Capcom had not even considered bridging the gap between this one and 3 ,
but if it is a parralel universe than they could have an interdimensional gap broken in the game after this one and have this Dante meet the old Dante ( I hope I am not giving capcom any ideas )
otherwise it would have been non canon
it will be interesting to see what they do after this devil may cry game, whether they will create another DMC game, or a sequel to DmC.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
it will be interesting to see what they do after this devil may cry game, whether they will create another DMC game, or a sequel to DmC.
I hope DMC dies for good. Then i will stop my ranting.

Then Dante can die and the copy can live on with it´s ****ty creators - Ninja theory.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
IF you had to pick DmC Dante or DMC Dante - who would you pick? A

I would pick the original Dante.

I would forever pick the original Dante because he has always been and will be my favorite. Even if this game comes out and i grow to like it I will STILL prefer the original Dante.

BUT, that does not mean that people who like both are not fans. That statement is completely ridiculous to me. Like I said before Marvel has many parallel versions of their characters such as spider man and the x men. So if I happen to like some of the other Spider man versions that makes me less of a fan than the original spider man?

Of course not!

Now look at my sig and my user title. You can already tell I'm not the biggest fan of this reboot. anybody on this forum will tell you that I am skeptical on alot of things regarding this reboot.

1.the 30fps gameplay
2.the bright azz settings
3.This Dante's new look
4.How the storyline will turn out with Dante (supposedly) being part Angel
5.Whether this new game will replace the original series I love

There are many more that I do not feel the need to go into right now.

But one thing I'm not about to do is go around calling people none fans because they happen to like something different than what was already established.

Your being pretty narrowminded here dude in a MAJOR way. Stop blowing these topics all of of proportion. We all know you do not like this game. Making a bunch of topics that always lead into the same discussion is not going to change the fact that this game is going to come out. You can voice your disdain for this reboot but please stop with the same old discussions over and over. Its getting ridiculous.

mrrandomlulz

I hope DMC dies for good. Then i will stop my ranting.

Then Dante can die and the copy can live on with it´s ****ty creators - Ninja theory.
How about the Ninja theory version dies and we can all go back to the original DMC

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Capcom don´t deserve the character Dante. They ruined his story, and now they have hired scums saying Dante is no longer cool.

Yea I dislike Tameen as well.

Who the hell is he to say Dante is not cool?

He just seems like a overall douche to me.

But the same thing could be said to you (not the douche part).

Who are you to call these people none fans?

mrrandomlulz

Capcom don´t deserve the character Dante. They ruined his story, and now they have hired scums saying Dante is no longer cool.
Dante is not the first character they ruined
imgres

and yet they made the gameplay awesome and since this is a parralel universe
Dante still has a chance to redeem himself
Edit : just open the image in a new tab

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Dante is not the first character they ruined
imgres

and yet they made the gameplay awesome and since this is a parralel universe
Dante still has a chance to redeem himself
He´s best off given to Hideki Kamiya and DMC /DmC can continue without Dante.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I would pick the original Dante.

I would forever pick the original Dante because he has always been and will be my favorite. Even if this game comes out and i grow to like it I will STILL prefer the original Dante.

BUT, that does not mean that people who like both are not fans. That statement is completely ridiculous to me. Like I said before Marvel has many parallel versions of their characters such as spider man and the x men. So if I happen to like some of the other Spider man versions that makes me less of a fan than the original spider man?

Of course not!

Now look at my sig and my user title. You can already tell I'm not the biggest fan of this reboot. anybody on this forum will tell you that I am skeptical on alot of things regarding this reboot.

1.the 30fps gameplay
2.the bright azz settings
3.This Dante's new look
4.How the storyline will turn out with Dante (supposedly) being part Angel
5.Whether this new game will replace the original series I love

There are many more that I do not feel the need to go into right now.

But one thing I'm not about to do is go around calling people none fans because they happen to like something different than what was already established.

Your being pretty narrowminded here dude in a MAJOR way. Stop blowing these topics all of of proportion. We all know you do not like this game. Making a bunch of topics that always lead into the same discussion is not going to change the fact that this game is going to come out. You can voice your disdain for this reboot but please stop with the same old discussions over and over. Its getting ridiculous.
exactly. you can like both DMC and DmC, you can like both dantes, you can be fans of both. i understand people don't like DmC, they have a difference of opinion, that's great! im all for people having a great debate over their opinions and beliefs, but not trying to shove your ideas into people's faces, and saying you can't do this and that. that isn't healthy for the forum.

mrrandomlulz

point is i think it is like

Chuck greene (Dr:2) or Noble team (halo reach)
Fans were mad that they're favorite character was not returning
the problem is that those 2 characters were forgiven for because of how likeable they turned out to be
This character looks not very likeable escpecially since Tameen inserted himself into the game (asshole move if you ask me)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
point is i think it is like

Chuck greene (Dr:2) or Noble team (halo reach)
Fans were mad that they're favorite character was not returning
the problem is that those 2 characters were forgiven for because of how likeable they turned out to be
This character looks not very likeable escpescially since tameen inserted himself into the game (asshole move if you ask me
well alot of people think that dante copied tameem's look, but i think what happened is the redesign for dante was created, and tameem liked it so much he cut his hair like his, but that's something we will never know. im just glad dante doesn't look like him anymore :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I know why i like Dante.
I know two people can be fan of both Link and Mario.

But if you like to see a different Dante, then perhaps you weren´t a fan. You were just someone who liked him, and love DMC gameplay.

Ima give up with this. I don´t believe in papers claiming X character is Y .
And i certainly don´t need copies of Dante - because then he´s no longer him.

I don´t need to see 100 spidermans. Once there is 100 Spidermans - the uniqueness is good. And it´s just lack of creativity that more and more of same character is being made in retcons, movies etc.

For good or bad i am a Dante fan. I rather see him dieing being who he is - than see phony copies of him.

Dante isn´t my character - it´s neither Capcoms. Yet a piece of paper is enough to convince and make you accept that X for Y.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Ima give up with this. I don´t believe in papers claiming X character is Y .
And i certainly don´t need copies of Dante - because then he´s no longer him.

And who is the post directed at exactly?

Me?

Because I could not help but notice you brought up the spider man reference.

And if it is directed at me let me say it again,

I will and will forever like the original Dante over this one. I'm NOT a fan of this Dante. I'm NOT a fan of NT and what Capcom is doing. I never thought this series needed a reboot to begin with just ask anybody around these forums.

But shoving your opinions down peoples throats is not the way to go about this.

Calling people none fans because they happen to like something different is pretty narrowminded.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
And who is the post directed at exactly?

Me?

Because I could not help but notice your brought up the spider man reference.

And if it is directed at me let me say it again,

I will and will forever like the original Dante over this one. I'm NOT a fan of this Dante. I'm NOT a fan of NT and what Capcom is doing. I never thought this series needed a reboot to begin with just ask anybody around these forums.

But shoving your opinions down peoples throats is not the way to go about this.

Calling people none fans because they happen to like something different is pretty narrowminded.
which is why people respect you tocool, because you are open-minded, you respect the opinions of others, and you don't try to shove what you beileve into everone else's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom