• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Honestly i see little apparent reasons CURRENTLY for why i shouldn´t agree with you.
And you said "How you feel about the game". Knowing Tameem isn´t a cool person stops me from buying. But that does not mean i dislike the game though.

EDIT:
There is other things i have to spend money on than games. I am also very, very picky on games.
Skyrim is something i hope to buy for Ps3 full pack someday though.

But I don't get that. Why do you care about how Tameem is? It isn't important.
What is important is the game. If you like the game, then who cares how the developers are like?

It's like saying "I like chocolate, but I don't like the ones making the chocolate, so therefore I won't buy any chocolate." I don't get that mindset.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hey, guys 5 pages in a few hours. You must all be top postersXD

Anyway CoolDemon (don't worry I'm not going to scold you as a mod or anything this time:p) in your mind, you have a very distinctive way of understanding this, which is respectable of course. You also seem to have some sort of pride and love for the things you like, and enjoy explaining (over and over) why you like them, how did you come to like them, how you like them etc. which is again your business.

However what you do NOT realize, what you will NOT accept, and what you close your eyes and ears to is this:
Other people are not you. They do not think the same way you do. They do not interpret things the same way you.

You should have come to understand this already in all those threads. For example, I saw you talking about /True Fans/ in here. Wasn't a thread made entirely about how each and every one of us understand the definition of a fan, enough to have you realize that while YOU have a kind of mind that works like this:
Example: Two Dantes. You can like only one of them. If you like both, you definitely like one of the more of the other, so you're a fan of this Dante. - other people do not share your thinking. The concept of Spider-man that was mentioned here (numerous times) actually reminded me of myself, as I am also a fan of Spidey. My mind works like this: Example: I like Spider-man. There are millions of Spider-man characters. Many who are not Peter Parker. Many who are Peter Parker but in another universe. Like Ultimate Spider-man. Or the movies. Or the Spider-man TAS. I like all. If I had to choose, I'd prefer Spidey to be Peter Parker. Does this mean I am not a fan of the others? NO. I love them all a whole lot EVEN WHEN I PREFER PARKER!.

So what does this paragraph mean? Something that everyone here tries to say to you, but you seem to miss the point every time. Like you do not want to accept the different way of thinking of others. That people THINK DIFFERENT-ly.

Also point two: Almost everyone here understands how you view things. In case you didn't realize it, in almost every thread you go on about how you prefer this Dante over that Dante, and why, and all. So for everyone reading your posts it's pretty much obvious. There is not need to start this conversation in EVERY thread. You should just accept that people are not you. And they interpret things in ways you cannot understand. Because they are different. Just accept it. Or ignore it and talk about something else. I'm tired about reading why you like DMC Dante and not DmC Dante, and trying to find flaws in everything.

Your rivals (Asmo etc.) have tried to point that out from the beginning. Albeit not in the best way back then, so they were warned like you were for both of you using harsh language and the rest, they had a point, just like you had your point. Even now, other people are trying to tell you the same thing. They can love everything about all dmcs equally. It works for them that way. If you want to CHOOSE a Dante or a game, then do so, but do not expect it from the others.

I hope you understand my point:)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
But I don't get that. Why do you care about how Tameem is? It isn't important.
What is important is the game. If you like the game, then who cares how the developers are like?

It's like saying "I like chocolate, but I don't like the ones making the chocolate, so therefore I won't buy any chocolate." I don't get that mindset.
Well let´s say the person who made the chocolate had dirty hands? Would you still buy the chocolate? Tameem talked about how Dante was not cool no longer, that he would get laughed out in a tokyo pub, etc:
But he and his team updated DmC Dante with things that are cool in UK. Punks, smoking,
He talked about a "cultural melting pot" - but british culture has been center of DmC if you ask me.

So he wrongly said that Dante from DMC is not cool, and would get laughed out.
To me DMC Dante is more cool than DmC Dante.

Like i have said before - i have not seen a single person say outloud near me or to me that smoking is cool. Neither have i seen many punks where i live .

Plus there is also things by game that i dont find so cool:
Gameplay is pretty much the same. With 30 FPS i don´t think gameplay will be better than DMC 4.
Devil trigger is not cool attack nor the shape of Dante in it
White hair thing sounds crappy as well.

+ I can watch the story on Youtube. And that´s the only thing that will be much different from other DMC games.

But i guess the biggest factor is Tameem. No, need to say bad things about DMC Dante - and then go make DmC Dante who´s mostly a UK cool character. I don´t feel like buying a game that i know has been made by a developer with bad attitude.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^..........WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM THEN?! WHY ARE YOU JUMPING DOWN THEIR THROATS WHEN THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY WERE TOLD AND WHAT THEY ARE PAID FOR?! YOU MAKE NO SENSE MAN!

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
It's just ridiculous...He argues one point, then when it fits the situation he argues the opposite, and then he has the audacity to call me a hypocrite for liking both Dantes

Asmodaius

Money isn't all.
Like Tony said, if getting paid to do you job was all that mattered, then everyone with a job should be happy.
But it isn't. I bet Tameem and the rest of Ninja Theory are enjoying making this game, but they have to take alot of crap from haters all the time. Being a game-developer is an ungrateful job, because of such people. They can make a great game and be proud of it, but there will always be haters who will do anything to make sure everyone knows how much they hate the game and how sucky they think the developers are.

And it's ridiculous! It's just a game, it's a form of entertainment. If you don't like it, then simply leave it be and go play something else. If you don't like the developers, then just leave them be and go play games from other developers that you do like. There's no need to trash the game or the developers over and over again. No good will ever come of that.

But because the haters don't care about the people they trash, of course the developers will respond in a negative way. And I think that is why Tameem has responded the way he has. It is understandable, however, unprofessional... but it's not like the haters are being professional either. Evil beckons evil.

In all honesty, I blame the haters for why Tameem's attitude is what it is. He and his team are just trying to make a great game. If you don't like it, then leave it.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well it´s weird that he looked like Dante from E3. And the interviews i have seen him in - his whole image as person screams "punk" , goth, or something similar.

Perhaps it´s a coincedence?
Perhaps it´s not a coincedence?

Even if Tameem didn´t say things he said - i would still look at how Dante looked like in E3 (Tameem), look at Devil trigger not being what i liked by DMC, look at the fact that i don´t find DmC Dante cool.
And see that DmC seems more like a game catered to UK players the most.
And with all that i got a feeling it wasn´t coincedence that things were like they were at E3.

But if i get past this Tameem controversy then there is the game itself. The devil trigger, i don´t find character cool, the gameplay won´t be any better than DMC 4.

Story is then what i am interested in. But that can be seen on Youtube.

Asmodaius

Is it really all that important that Tameem's haircut resembled Dante's from the original trailer?
Is it really all that important what style Tameem has?
Are we really going to judge a person because of his looks?
Isn't that rather shallow?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well it´s weird that he looked like Dante from E3. And the interviews i have seen him in - his whole image as person screams "punk" , goth, or something similar.

Perhaps it´s a coincedence?
Perhaps it´s not a coincedence?

Even if Tameem didn´t say things he said - i would still look at how Dante looked like in E3 (Tameem), look at Devil trigger not being what i liked by DMC, look at the fact that i don´t find DmC Dante cool.
And see that DmC seems more like a game catered to UK players the most.
And with all that i got a feeling it wasn´t coincedence that things were like they were at E3.

But if i get past this Tameem controversy then there is the game itself. The devil trigger, i don´t find character cool, the gameplay won´t be any better than DMC 4.

Story is then what i am interested in. But that can be seen on Youtube.
well cooldemon you say you can see DmC's story on youtube, you can see every game's story on youtube, so why buy any game? you buy the game for the experience, and i think DmC will be a very fun-filled experience :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Is it really all that important that Tameem's haircut resembled Dante's from the original trailer?
Is it really all that important what style Tameem has?
Are we really going to judge a person because of his looks?
Isn't that rather shallow?
I don´t care how Tameem looks like. And it does not matter what style he has. But when you see already established character looking like Tameem - then it´s a issue. And it´s important to bring up what style Tameem has to point that DmC Dante had the same style as well.

If it was a completely new character and one that Tameem made - by all means he can make the character 100% identical to himself. But that´s not the case.

And how am i being shallow? I simply don´t find DmC Dante cool. I can´t prove that DmC Dante style is based on Tameem or his thoughts of what´s cool. But one can´t help but notice the things DmC Dante and Tameem have in common.

well cooldemon you say you can see DmC's story on youtube, you can see every game's story on youtube, so why buy any game? you buy the game for the experience, and i think DmC will be a very fun-filled experience :)

The devil trigger, i don´t find character cool, the gameplay won´t be any better than DMC 4.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^smoking, that's about it (and we're not even sure if they still have Dante smoking, though let me say that it's not like Tameem was the first person ever to smoke) unless Tameem has some sort of demonic heritage, can see shifting transformations of our world, carries a big ass sword, and kills demons for a living

Asmodaius

You make it sound like that Tameem shaped Dante to look like him. But you have no proof of that.
What if NT made Dante look like he does, and then AFTERWARDS Tameem thought "Hey, that's a cool haircut..." and then went to have his hair cut to match Dante's?

And other than the hair, then they look nothing alike. Hell, even now the hair don't match. Tameem has a new haircut now... probably because he was tired of hearing all the haters bitching about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom