• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The DmC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The logo of Ninja theory on cover of DmC shows that DmC and DmC Dante is their version of DMC and Dante. Paying homage to their own company is when you put a Ninja on the t shirt of Dante. Not when you put a flag on his jacket.

The flag is for UK not for Ninja theory even though Ninja theory is a british studio.
Like if you see the flag you won't think "Omg a union flag - that's Ninja theory!".

And only option left for why the flag is on jacket is because it's a punkish thing. But then it's something you can connect with Tameem looking like E3 Dante, Tameem smoking, is british and obviously is a punk type of person.

So in other words the british flag is most likely there because Tameem is british - not because they want to pay tribute to their country or say "This character is our version".

1) If you want to pay Tribute to your country - do it in your first game. If you forget, then do it in your second. And if you forget in second game as well then there is something wrong with you.

2) If you want to say "Hey this Dante is Ninja theory's version" you put up a Ninja on Dante's cloth not a british flag.

Enuff said.
you will not listen to anyone. putting a ninja on dante's t-shirt would not fit his style at all, plus if ninja theory did something that obvious that is just tacky. everyone knows why the flag is there, but you. you even proved one of my points by saying the union jack is a punk thing, exactly it fits his style, but it does not connect to tameem. all you are trying to do is use things to connect dante's character to tameem. dante is not tameem, tameem is not the inspiration of dante, dante's style is not based on tameem's. i don't see why you are yet again using negativity in a thread, you are trying way too hard to prove to people that dante is connected to tameem.

Asmodaius

It's funny you guys are on my tail on everything i pretty much post. It's pretty pathetic actually.

We're not on your tail, we are trying to make you understand something, but you refuse to understand.
How about you open your mind and try and accept our explanations, instead of just sitting there and being bitchy about it?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
We're not on your tail, we are trying to make you understand something, but you refuse to understand.
How about you open your mind and try and accept our explanations, instead of just sitting there and being bitchy about it?
Bitchy? I can assure you if you read through the "discussing" if you could call it that from recent pages - you will see that i was the least bitchy compared to you, Choco and GGC.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's funny you guys are on my tail on everything i pretty much post. It's pretty pathetic actually.
because you are trying so hard to force your opinions on others. you are trying your best to connect dante to tameem in every way (he smokes, so does tameem, he wears punk clothing, so does tameem, he has punkish haircut, so does tameem, he has a u.k. flag on his jacket, its because tameem is british) and you won't accept things that should be accepted, like the u.k. flag ordeal. i just don't understand why you are so determined to connect dante to tameem, why?

Asmodaius

Why are you always so defensive, CoolDemon?
Why do you have so many problems listening to what other people say?
Why won't you at least try and listen to what we say?

We gave you an explanation.
Why won't you accept it?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
come on asmo i know he's being difficult, but let's not revert to name-calling i wouldn't want you getting in trouble k?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Yo scums just because i am cool for moments don't think i can't be the same way towards you that you are towards me. So shut your scum minds - go to the hole where you like to discuss DmC positive things. After learning Dante is Capcoms property i couldn't give a **** about DmC.

Piece of trashes. Man you never learn.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Bitchy? I can assure you if you read through the "discussing" if you could call it that from recent pages - you will see that i was the least bitchy compared to you, Choco and GGC.
i wasn't being "b****y cooldemon, im doing my best to help you understand something, but that's hard to do because you just deny everything we're trying to tell you. asmo shouldn't have called you b****y, but it's definitely not gonna help your case when you reply in the same manner calling other people names as well.

Asmodaius

Yo scums just because i am cool for moments don't think i can't be the same way towards you that you are towards me. So shut your scum minds - go to the hole where you like to discuss DmC positive things. After learning Dante is Capcoms property i couldn't give a **** about DmC.

XD
Okay, that was just laughable.
First of all, I have never considered you cool.
Second, it's funny that instead of being reasonable and listening to others opinions, you turn to name-calling and trash-talking.

Okay, I'm done here.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

cooldemon calm it down seriously, there is no need to call people names just because we like something that you don't. you are gonna get yourself in trouble. if you don't like DmC why do you continue to post in the DmC section?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
My opinion on this thread:

Logo

I don't really care about the logo. It is nothing too important to notice. About people calling DmC as DMC5, it is their misconception about this game. They do not have any ideas that DmC: Devil May Cry is a reboot for the series. Neither a sequel nor a prequel to any games in the original series. It is their job to find out what is DmC and why it is not DMC5. We can only help explaining, but it is not up to us to convince them otherwise.

TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS LOOKED AT AS ONE

Dante from DmC and Dante from the original DMC series are two different beings. I don't really care about Prince of Persia games and Assassin's Creed games have similar gameplay mechanics, because it is obvious that both series are owned by Ubisoft.

The comparison between Blade and Dante is non-relevant. You don't have to like the new Dante's design. It is Capcom's choice. You can accept that he is not the Dante we are fans of, but he is still Dante, but a different person with the same name.

DANTE IS NO LONGER COOL

If Tameem's opinion of that Dante is not longer cool, that is his problem. Just don't bother what he said and play older DMC games such as DMC1 and DMC3 if you hate DmC so much.

STEPPING ON FANS & DMC

I still don't get why Capcom must hire Ninja Theory to handle DmC: Devil May Cry. Changes of management, business strategies, or etc can be a factor of it, but I still don't get it. The first trailer of the game definitely caused fans to be angry because of the new Dante's appearance. However, I am glad to see that this Dante is different than the Dante in original series. Either you accept that DmC features a different Dante, or not. It is your choice.

Here are my opinions of the users that posted in this thread:

1. CoolDemon - You make great points and good discussions, but you need to accept some people don't really bother the minor details of the game and have different opinions on the same topic. Either you accept that fact, or be ignorant. If you don't like DmC so much, don't bother posting at this board.

2. Asmodaius - You also make great points and good discussions, but as to why you need to respond CoolDemon's posts every time still eludes me. If he doesn't want to accept your opinions on a matter, stop posting at his threads, put him Ignore List, and move on.

I don't give a crap if I am get flamed or put in Ignore List, but the arguments in many of DmC threads have to stop.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I am calling you scums not because i dislike DmC Dante. Your scums because you talk as if your so right. And everyone who makes a theory about DmC Dante or DmC in general that's negative is automatically replied by the likes of you.

And don't worry about me ok because not for a second i believe that your genuinly concerned for me. And i don't need you to worry about me - got it?

I keep posting cause i like to discuss. Apparently it's a crime ...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I am calling you scums not because i dislike DmC Dante. Your scums because you talk as if your so right. And everyone who makes a theory about DmC Dante or DmC in general that's negative is automatically replied by the likes of you.

And don't worry about me ok because not for a second i believe that your genuinly concerned for me. And i don't need you to worry about me - got it?

I keep posting cause i like to discuss. Apparently it's a crime ...
okay cooldemon i will stop trying to help you out . i will do as chaosraiden said and i will try to stay away from arguements.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Really?

I mean really? Is this actually happening again? I was under the impression that we'd gotten to a stage where things could be discussed in a mature manner without having to resort to insults and lashing out. CD, why the outburst? I'm seeing Asmo and Ghost putting forward their points and I'm not quite sure where the whole "forcing" their opinion on you comes from. Discussion requires a little give and take, the fact that you seem unable to accept that they have an opinion that differs from your own about DmC is starting to smack as ridiculous.

I keep saying it and it never seems to get through to anyone, if you're getting visibly stressed out in a discussion, for the love of all that is holy do not start lashing out at people because it's a surefire way to get yourself in trouble.
CD, consider this your next official warning. Take it how you will but there's absolutely no need to go about with aggressive name calling and insulting when you could have quite easily just walked away.
One more strike and you're out I'm afraid.

I strongly recommend people take a few minutes here to cool their jets.

Oh and for goodness sake would people PLEASE start using the brand new, shiny ignore function? That's what it's there for.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It's hard to discuss with you when you won't accept any opinion other than your own.
Me accepting other people's opnion:

1. ME TALKING ABOUT HOW HIDEKI DESERVES DANTE
Hideki Kamiya created Dante but I really love how Dante is portrayed in DMC 3 and 4. (Which I'm sure we all know were directed by a different dude, Hideaki Itsuno)
I would say Kamiya should definitely be the one to own the rights to Dante but as long as he makes sure that he has his DMC 3/4 attitude.

2. VIRAGO REPLIES TO ME
And here's where it gets tricky. The gaming industry isn't the only industry that "needs to change" if the rights always stay with the actual creator. Anyone, company or otherwise, that employs any person in any creative capacity needs to change.

Corporations like Capcom or WMG get to keep the rights because they either a) buy them from the creator, which happens for most music and movie scripts or b) the creator was hired to create something. Kamiya happens to belong to category b in the case of Dante. Kamiya got a salary and probably some royalties and bonus money out of DMC. In fact, I'm damn sure he was very well paid for his trouble. He'll be crying into his pile of money for a while over DMC.

I think copyright law needs an overhaul, personally. But even he did own the rights to the Dante concept, what would Kamiya do with them? I guess he could go to some other company and hope they make a game the way he wants it made, which might happen, but probably wouldn't. Or he could just make sure no one else makes a game, also a stellar option.

3. ME ACCEPTING VIRAGO SAID BECAUSE ITS RIGHT
Thanks for explaining things for us that didn´t know what you said. Knowing that Hideki was paid to create something i guess its then Capcoms property.

That changes my perspective on many matters :confused:

Yes, i don't accept other people's opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom