• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So will DmC 2 be made?

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I'm not trying to be an a$$ hole here but i really don't want another DmC game because #1 combos are ridiculously easy and can't feel the speed that i felt specially in DMC3 & 4 , for me it was very slow and the slow-mo shouldn't be in any devil may cry game. #2 the graphics are bad compared to DMC4's even though was DMC4 released in 2008.
#3 I hate the fact that Dante has an angelic side.
the fourth reason is CAPCOM was and still the company that creates the original Devil may cry engine and no one can take it to the next level but them.

I'm hoping to see Hideki Kamiya involved in the new DMC5
that's my view point.

1. It doesn't even matter about how the combos being ridiculously easy as long you have fun with it. Well, I can do a lot of combos if I want to.

2. You're just basing it on the 60fps framerate w/o realizing that DmC runs 60fps on the PC. Actually, the visuals and the art direction are stunningly amazing. What ruins DMC4 is the backtracking. Who would hate a wonder like Limbo? It can even trump DMC4's environments.

3. DmC Dante is a son of a demon and an angel. A traitor and a whore. And it can make sense because THAT will make him special. At the course of the game, you will find out why he was so special and what is his purpose. Sometimes, the half-demon shtick is questionable on how it will work because Inuyasha comes to mind: a half-demon with white hair and a big sword, which is a memento from his father, and has a brother than he never really likes. Sesshoumaru is JUST like Vergil.

4. I disagree. Capcom is running out of ideas. DMC4 has great gameplay but what's really bad is about it's story. The plot is just made for an anime fanbase. It raises more questions than answers (partcularly Nero). After all, it's like Bleach with Dante as guest star. At worst, it confused the fanbase. At least DmC's storytelling has great potential because of DmC Dante's character growth.

So if there will be a DMC5 if Capcom wasn't serious about it, it can be unacceptable if it's a rehash of DMC4, implying that that you love something stale. Kamiya returning for DMC5 can be a terrible mistake, when it comes to business terms. I mean, who wants to go back to a company that you have some bad blood with? The very reason about Platinum Game's existence is because it was composed of former yet disgruntled Capcom employees. Kamiya is one of them.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Yes, we have. I wonder if you say stuff like this because you think it's funny, or because you like being a **** to anyone with a different opinion than you

I agree with the "demon killah". Even if Donte and his crew have "more" character development than other games in the series, that doesn't make it better. They are...really unlikeable. Same for the plot.

In my opinion, all of this is fanfic tier.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
4. I disagree. Capcom is running out of ideas. DMC4 has great gameplay but what's really bad is about it's story. The plot is just made for an anime fanbase. It raises more questions than answers (partcularly Nero). After all, it's like Bleach with Dante as guest star. At worst, it confused the fanbase. At least DmC's storytelling has great potential because of DmC Dante's character growth.
I really like the story of DMC4 and btw I'm an anime fan :) , questions are the only thing that would give u hope to see more DMC games in future and i think it's a positive thing.

I think u got me wrong and i want to clear something up for u , I didn't say DmC is not fun to play and didn't say it's boring and didn't say it's the worst game in gaming history . DmC is a good game but i can't see anything related to the original series "not talking about the story"

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
I agree with the "demon killah". Even if Donte and his crew have "more" character development than other games in the series, that doesn't make it better. They are...really unlikeable. Same for the plot.

In my opinion, all of this is fanfic tier.

TBH, they intended DmC Dante to make him unlikable in order to make his character arc more interesting. Only a few people realized this. And this is from a fan of character arcs. Lightning is like DmC Dante; she's an unlikable character but had great character growth. Same goes for DmC Dante.

Implying that all the stories from the original series are even better...

I really like the story of DMC4 and btw I'm an anime fan :) , questions are the only thing that would give u hope to see more DMC games in future and i think it's a positive thing.

I think u got me wrong and i want to clear something up for u , I didn't say DmC is not fun to play and didn't say it's boring and didn't say it's the worst game in gaming history . DmC is a good game but i can't see anything related to the original series "not talking about the story"
I'm an anime fan as well, but DmC did something different in my eyes: it shows you about how an anime character can turn into an American comic-book drawn antihero. It's like turning Naruto into the Punisher.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
I really have to wonder if all the people praising DmC's "character growth" and "brilliant plot" have even laid on eyes on a book before.

We all consider them that in comparison to OG DMC. Seriously man, they are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADLY written. DmC is freaking LOTR by comparison

Objectively: DmC is a below average plot, not many risks were taken with the story.And they neglected Vergil's development to favor Dante's

HatredIsJoy

We all consider them that in comparison to OG DMC. Seriously man, they are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADLY written. DmC is freaking LOTR by comparison

LOTR is trash that is blindly defended by fantasy nerds who think that it's a great work of literature and unironically say "Legendarium". Please don't use it as an example of a good book. Please.

vakarian23

LOTR is trash that is blindly defended by fantasy nerds who think that it's a great work of literature and unironically say "Legendarium". Please don't use it as an example of a good book. Please.
And why exactly is LOTR 'trash'? To me, it was an enjoyable read. It's a fantasy novel, of course you won't find the depth of a Shakespearean tragedy in it.

HatredIsJoy

And why exactly is LOTR 'trash'? To me, it was an enjoyable read. It's a fantasy novel, of course you won't find the depth of a Shakespearean tragedy in it.

Firstly, "trash" was an overreaction. Years of interacting with living collections of every bad stereotype about nerdy people at once made me develop an innate revulsion to that book. Being lectured by a greasy, unwashed landwhale for hours is hardly an enjoyable experience, and the dumb ****s ignored any attempt to shoo them away.

The book itself is a passable, if a bit boring, read. Most of my hate for it comes from the treatment that it recieves. People ignore all criticism, and just hinting that LOTR may be racist, sexist or regressive is a sure way of causing waves upon waves of tard rage. Though that's the problem with fantasy in general, sadly.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
In terms of story
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic> Devil May Cry > Devil may Cry> Michael Bay

vakarian23

The book itself is a passable, if a bit boring, read. Most of my hate for it comes from the treatment that it recieves. People ignore all criticism, and just hinting that LOTR may be racist, sexist or regressive is a sure way of causing waves upon waves of tard rage. Though that's the problem with fantasy in general, sadly.

I do get your point and you are right in many ways. It is praised to a ridiculous extent, whereas it certainly has its shortcomings.

Top Bottom