• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So will DmC 2 be made?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
lol if you don't believe that dmc4 takes place after dmc3, then i don't think you should REALLY be trying to discuss on the matter because its fairly obvious you don't really know the series chronology
-anime
this is the chronology, there's no debating this
I worded it wrong, I forgot to add "10 years after".

Jerry Wirerammer

Is it possible that half demon children might mature quicker than human children? I havent read the books, so apologies if the idea contradicts anything, but rapid maturity is often used in sci-fi/fantasy, so Capcom could have Nero as Virgils son if they really wanted to. It would hardly be the most outrageous or unbelievable thing to happen in a DMC game would it?

I'm not saying he is or isnt, but I dont think you can use simple math and human growth patterns to say "its impossible", not in a universe as strange as the DMC one anyway.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Is it possible that half demon children might mature quicker than human children? I havent read the books, so apologies if the idea contradicts anything, but rapid maturity is often used in sci-fi/fantasy, so Capcom could have Nero as Virgils son if they really wanted to. It would hardly be the most outrageous or unbelievable thing to happen in a DMC game would it?

I'm not saying he is or isnt, but I dont think you can use simple math and human growth patterns to say "its impossible", not in a universe as strange as the DMC one anyway.

You're right about that. In fiction there is the idea that demon children mature quicker. Not sure if it applies to DMC though.
The only way we'd be able to work that out is to see how Dante or Vergil aged. Besides, Nero would have been a quarter demon as Vergil is half. That is assuming the 'Vergil knocked up human hooker' story is cannon.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Capcom seems to willy nilly on how fast cambions age in the DMC universe, but it's shifts between something similar to normal humans and slower than normal humans. Given Nero's age, (between 17 and 19 at youngest), and the fact the twins were 19 in DMC3 as stated by DMC3's director in a production interview, with DMC4 being about a decade later, Nero's too old to be Vergil's son. Now if it were a figuritive or metaphorical "son", like he's the heir to Yamato and succeeding Vergil to a degree, that's different. But Morihashi Bingo clearly wanted badly for Nero to literally be Vergil's offspring, and it really just does not work on so many regards.

AlchemistFromEden

well that would contradict established canon about how dante has aged naturally

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Not sure on that one with Dante "aging normally", since only Bingo's novel claims that, there's actually indication he maye age "normal" to a point, like peak maturity when he's at his most vital, and then aging possibly slows to a crawl, which is very common in japanese fiction on halfbreeds like hanyous. InuYasha was physically 15 for well over a century after all, and other stories about hybrids tend to involve them having vastly longer lifespans than normal humans.

Jerry Wirerammer

well that would contradict established canon about how dante has aged naturally

Ageing and maturing dont have to be linked, this is fantasy after all. They could mature twice as fast then age naturally or even slower. They could have a bizarr growth spurt at age 10. Capcom are clearly making it up as they go along, if they really wanted him as Virgils biological son, they could come up with some hokum to cover it I'm sure. Would it be eye rollingly silly? More than likely, but in a world were hot vampire women transform into electric guitars, would we really notice or care ;)

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Those time frames and dates are not "fan made theory" they're right off interviews and the timelines in the games and other offical materials. And I GAVE you the inteview and quote, thank you for ignoring such like I should have expected.
While I apologize for missing your link earlier, after reading the article, it's never stated that it's set 10 years after DMC3, they only mention Lady being "about" 10 years older. That doesn't really set things in stone.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That does set that about a decade has passed in the timeline from DMC3 to DMC4, and since dante is 28 in DMC1, and DMC4 is a year after following the anime, then yeah, that does set a timeline. They commented directly on a gap in age for at least one character, which sets how long the story jumps ahead.

AlchemistFromEden

While I apologize for missing your link earlier, after reading the article, it's never stated that it's set 10 years after DMC3, they only mention Lady being "about" 10 years older. That doesn't really set things in stone.
do you understand logic, "OH THEY ONLY SAID THAT LADY IS TEN YEARS OLDER IN THIS GAME, OBVIOUSLY IT DOESN'T TAKE PLACE TEN YEARS AFTER DMC3, where lady first appeared, and survived, because apparently only lady ages and not dante or anyone else right -_-

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
How can DMC 4 take place 10 years after DMC 3 if DMC 1 is set exactly 10 years after....and lady was the same age as Dante and Vergil...in DMC 4 she looks like in her late 20 early 30

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
do you understand logic, "OH THEY ONLY SAID THAT LADY IS TEN YEARS OLDER IN THIS GAME, OBVIOUSLY IT DOESN'T TAKE PLACE TEN YEARS AFTER DMC3, where lady first appeared, and survived, because apparently only lady ages and not dante or anyone else right -_-
Dude. Chill. No need to jump all over the guy who was, by the way, not even talking to you.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I'm just trying to explore the possibilites, saying that Lady is "about" 10 years older isn't really factual. If they said straight out "it takes place exactly 10 years after DMC", it would be more convincing.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It gives a time frame for the time gap, since we know DMC1 is twenty years after Eva was murdered, aind with Dante and vergil being 19 in DMC3, with Kobayashi's statment of "lady is about a decade older", that gives us ten years later, give or take, that DMC4 happens.

I will agree that Alchemist did go a little too much there with what I had already just said...

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

funny how youre only using metacritic while i was talking about several different sites and independent reviewers

wait? why is diablo3 and dragon age 2 up there those games were gr8

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
wait? why is diablo3 and dragon age 2 up there those games were gr8
inWSpLs.png

Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing since they streamlined and made the enviroment worse looking. And the bad redesign on the enemies was just bad. The story was pretty abysmall too.

Diablo 3 was just a cluster **** of bad design, always needing internet to play and other bad ideas.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
inWSpLs.png

Dragon Age 2 was rather disappointing since they streamlined and made the enviroment worse looking. And the bad redesign on the enemies was just bad. The story was pretty abysmall too.

Diablo 3 was just a cluster **** of bad design, always needing internet to play and other bad ideas.

not argueing with you on those points because youre right. im just saying i really enjoyed the whole climbing onto monsters aspect of Dragon Age 2 which i felt is a feature more RPGs should have and as for Diablo 3...well yh, but overall it wasnt a terrible game.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
not argueing with you on those points because youre right. im just saying i really enjoyed the whole climbing onto monsters aspect of Dragon Age 2 which i felt is a feature more RPGs should have and as for Diablo 3...well yh, but overall it wasnt a terrible game.
They are not terrible games, just too many flaws compared to their previous games.

Top Bottom