• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So will DmC 2 be made?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I do get your point and you are right in many ways. It is praised to a ridiculous extent, whereas it certainly has its shortcomings.
Personally, I don't like most modern books/literature.

For instance.

Harry Potter, In my opinion was a pile of dogcrap

It tries to make you dislike Snape for not wanting to deal with the damn kids hormones. In the process, Snape is made the only LIKABLE character.

vakarian23

Personally, I don't like most modern books/literature.
Same goes for me. Most modern day books simply do not compare to renowned literature, they put too much focus on appealing to the wide audience.
Nowadays, writing just seems like a way to try and get rich.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Same goes for me. Most modern day books simply do not compare to renowned literature, they put too much focus on appealing to the wide audience.
Nowadays, writing just seems like a way to try and get rich.
Except for Deadpool comic books. but those were better in the 1990s

Dante the Demon slayer

Okay let's look at Devil May Cry's story it is about a half Demon who gets paid to kill things with only 2 games in the franchise with a actual not messed up story Number 1 and 3 however due to the bad order of the games they had to fit everything they could between Dmc 3 and 2 in Dmc1 he killed the guy he was looking for who killed his mum in Dmc3 he is forced to confront and stop his twin Brother that's it that is where the story stops....Dmc 2 and Dmc 4 were just bad with the plot

Not only that but the Order of the games messed it up they could only go between Dmc3 and 2's time line because they didn't wanna go past Dmc2 or touch anything about it and just shoved it under the mat and after Dmc3 they ran out of ideas and made another bad story like Dmc2 .

The anime was also quiet dull due to Dante's personailty and just not giving a rats back side about anything same in number 4 just copy and paste of Dmc3 Dante. I missed serious Dante from number 1. Okay now lets look at DmC's story line it is about how a normal world to us isn't so normal, about how the media and certain foods and drinks brainwash us. Where the government rules the world and the Demons rule the government.

it's about how a young man who is named Dante goes from not giving a rats back side about anyone to actually wanting to help people and develops a love interest for a girl it does have character development it may be little but it does have it. also it's alot more realistic because in a way it is true without the demon bit but in away we are just brain washed slaves just going with the flow of everything.

At the end of DmC it actually makes sense as to why the Demons have come into this world now that the hell gate is gone this story has so much more possibilities I heard Mundus is still alive and could come back for revenge. Vergil has lost the plot and is now out to seek power, Dante has his white hair again and as I said someone to care about. Who knows what can happen now that the world of the demons is out for everyone to see.

I personally believe the sequel will be very different I doubt there will be anymore world changing or coming apart now that Limbo is the real world which will make things interesting especially to see how Ninja theory will twist things up for us this time. Vergil's dlc will already be a mini sequel just look on the positive. :)

OniChip

Of corse it ishard to keep #1 when all games everybody talk about and keep wanting is 1stperson call of duty and ni no kuni is a hard to dislike

Dante the Demon slayer

Not to mention they released it at a strange time where no one has a real reason to go out and buy a game most likely would of done better in like October or November or Christmas.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
People are delusional...DmC story was so cliche and everyone knew what was going to happen like a year and a half ago before the game came out....we have already seen DmC's story done so many times...it takes stuff from other games,media,and books,etc...the character development was crap....all the money they put in not only not giving the original Dante to superbot studios as they wanted to feature him in PSAS but they denied them and gave them Dino....they wasted alot of money in using that absurd studio that was used to make avatar...and the game looks like crap and plays like crap...Im sorry but this game is horrible by many standards...Im glad its not selling....DMC 4 was an outstanding game...yea the story was meh but atleast Nero is a more likeable character than Dino Vino and kat put together...in DMC 4 they gave you the chance to play as Vergils son...You get the possibilty to understand that Vergil got it on at a young age to have a son...
oh and what irritates me is that through out the whole entire DmC game they kept saying mundus's name wrong...its Mundus not Mondus...idiots and its sad to see that he was this amazing demon fallen angel, the prince of Darkness...to be a evil business banker in this one...facepalm

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
People are delusional...DmC story was so cliche and everyone knew what was going to happen like a year and a half ago before the game came out....we have already seen DmC's story done so many times...it takes stuff from other games,media,and books,etc...the character development was crap....all the money they put in not only not giving the original Dante to superbot studios as they wanted to feature him in PSAS but they denied them and gave them Dino....they wasted alot of money in using that absurd studio that was used to make avatar...and the game looks like crap and plays like crap...Im sorry but this game is horrible by many standards...Im glad its not selling....DMC 4 was an outstanding game...

Mechanics, yes. everything else, oh the reasons that game failed...

yea the story was meh but atleast Nero is a more likeable character than Dino Vino and kat put together...in DMC 4 they gave you the chance to play as Vergils son...You get the possibilty to understand that Vergil got it on at a young age to have a son...

Nero is NOT Vergil's son, since Vergil would have been NINE years old when Nero was conceived. Nero is a total NO ONE, literally without an actual origin and no explination on who he is other than the swords of Spardas respond to him as a master, he healed Yamato, he's somehow related to Sparda...and the song when he's saving Kyrie and killing Sanctus was titled "SPARDA'S WILL"....which actually indicated he IS Sparda himself either reborn, or having lost his memory or something.

oh and what irritates me is that through out the whole entire DmC game they kept saying mundus's name wrong...its Mundus not Mondus...idiots and its sad to see that he was this amazing demon fallen angel, the prince of Darkness...to be a evil business banker in this one...facepalm

It's "Moon-doos", so even DMC1 screwed it up with "Moon-duhs". Sorry to break your bubble on that as well.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If i remember right Capcom wanten NT to wotk on a differen IP, so no, no DmC2 for now.

Dante the Demon slayer

Okay so you are obviously a guy who just hates it no matter what, you call it terrible but what was DMC2 then? sure we have seen the story before but we have seen nearly everything done before now days and I sure as hell enjoyed the whole "Reailty is not how it seems" then 4 games were only 2 stood out and the rest failed in the story department the series needed a reboot. It needed a fresh start with NEW ideas just just revising the whole Dante gets asked to do a mission thing btw Nero is not Vergil's son, Vergils soul is in Nero's body Vergil lives through Nero's arm do you really think as son is going to be able to hear a voice from his dad saying "Power mode power" No Veril takes over Nero's soul when ever he uses his Devil trigger that is why he could repair Yamoto and that is why Dante let him keep the sword the only reason he has white hair is because Fans have some weird white hair fetish going on. Well anyway the new game is in no way shape or form garbage you wanna see a garbage game? go play ET or DMC2 or Ninja Gaiden 3...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
People are delusional...DmC story was so cliche and everyone knew what was going to happen like a year and a half ago before the game came out....we have already seen DmC's story done so many times...it takes stuff from other games,media,and books,etc...the character development was crap....People are not deluisonal. This is your opinion. Yes, the plot has been done before, but don't make out that other games don't borrow from other media sources. I'd like to say that nothing is original anymore, but maybe that doesn't fit. More like, things these days are an adaptation, or focused through the social lense of our time.

all the money they put in not only not giving the original Dante to superbot studios as they wanted to feature him in PSAS but they denied them and gave them Dino....they wasted alot of money in using that absurd studio that was used to make avatar...and the game looks like crap and plays like crap...It doesn'y look totally crap. Got to say though that the combination of unreal engine and PS3 is a bad one. It was much better on PC. As for the mocap, I liked the subtlety in the facial expressions and the movements. It gave more detail to characters than the dialogue did.
As for it playing like crap. Your opinion again. Please use better reasoning than just stating it is crap. Why is it crap to you? My complaint would be the doging system in unresponsive, plus coloured enemies are a pain...and didn't make sense. Fire beats fire...okaaay.....:p

Im sorry but this game is horrible by many standards...Im glad its not selling....DMC 4 was an outstanding game...yea the story was meh but atleast Nero is a more likeable character than Dino Vino and kat put together...in DMC 4 they gave you the chance to play as Vergils son...You get the possibilty to understand that Vergil got it on at a young age to have a son...
DMC4 was pretty, but that was about it. The plot was damned awful with so much left to be explained. Dante reduced to a side character with shoehorned on missions consisting of backtracking.And Nero....god....>_< Such an insufferable brat. Just stick to Dante being the main for DMC5.
It hasn't been proven that Nero was Vergil's son. That was implied in a book which I'm not even sure is considered cannon and was not rleased outside of Japan. Plus, why would Vergil sleep with a hooker to have an heir? That is inconsistent with his character. He isn't the type of guy to sleep around. He's more intrested in gaining power. And if he did want to father an heir, I really doubt he would use a guttersnipe whore to do it with.
If I was Vergil and Nero said he was my son, I'd want to get a paternity test. Nero just doesn't seem anything like Vergil. He's like a bad tempered DMC3 Dante.

Dante the Demon slayer

The only reason Nero was in DMC4 was because they had no where else to go with Dante he killed Mundus in DMC1 and went to hell in DMC2 so they thought they would just make a kid exactly like him but leave everything about him out of the game so they could build more potential with him then what they did with Dante all I can see Dante being in the Future DMC games is just a side character for new people like Nero. And as I said Nero and Vergil's soul are moth likely in the same body so that is why he has the hand and could quote what Vergil said when he got his arm "Power give me more power"

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It hasn't been proven that Nero was Vergil's son. That was implied in a book which I'm not even sure is considered cannon and was not rleased outside of Japan. Plus, why would Vergil sleep with a hooker to have an heir? That is inconsistent with his character. He isn't the type of guy to sleep around. He's more intrested in gaining power. And if he did want to father an heir, I really doubt he would use a guttersnipe whore to do it with.
If I was Vergil and Nero said he was my son, I'd want to get a paternity test. Nero just doesn't seem anything like Vergil. He's like a bad tempered DMC3 Dante.

Plus Nero is only a decade younger than the twins, so yeah, Vergil is NOT the father.

Also, Vergil never said :"Give me more power", his exact words were "I NEED more power." he didn't tell people to give it, he tried to earn it himself. NERO was asking the world for power to protect Kyrie, "And if I become a demon, I will endure that exile FOR HER."

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
@Dante the demon slayer
if your responding to me dude im a chick...and they already confirmed that Nero's Devil Trigger is not Vergil's soul...and DMC 2 is not garbage at all ill gladly play it...for a ps2 game i can play the game with up to three different characters...two different story senarios...one of the most sexy and badass looking Dantes in all four DMC's.... hell even DMC 2 has better high classed combos than DmC

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
@Dante the demon slayer
if your responding to me dude im a chick...and they already confirmed that Nero's Devil Trigger is not Vergil's soul...and DMC 2 is not garbage at all ill gladly play it...for a ps2 game i can play the game with up to three different characters...two different story senarios...one of the most sexy and badass looking Dantes in all four DMC's.... hell even DMC 2 has better high classed combos than DmC
Yep, it's not Vergil's soul according to that book. It was more like Nero's 'essence'. I think that was how it was described.

Top Bottom