• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
According to fb, apparently Vergil now looks like Edward Cullen... :blink:

Some people are even saying new Vergil is the son of Ken and Barbie and step father of Draco Malfoy of Harry Potter
WHAT.gif

Dante47

Some people are even saying new Vergil is the son of Ken from Barbie and step father of Draco Malfoy of Harry Potter
WHAT.gif
Well, people are stupid. :cool:
I'm still skeptical of NT's ability to write their relationship without the foundation of unseen history; they have to show their work this entire game. Perhaps they're capable of it, but I also thought the dialogue would be superior to other DMC games due to NT's writing ability, and so far it's been just as silly. So I've lost some faith in them.
I don't know. The lines and voice acting in this trailer was very well done.

Azurel

So, when I call you out on your childish behavior, it makes me neurotic. When you insult me, it's not a problem. This is a double standard and massive hypocrisy on your part.

Don't be embarrassed for me, Lexy.

I was actually willing to let it go in my last post. I said, "ok".

But you couldn't leave it alone, could you? You just had to start another argument.

Are you like this at home? Do the people you know personally have to put up with this sort of behavior?

And yes, you were using hate speech, and then hiding behind the "First Amendment" and "this is just my opinion" shield. No. It doesn't work like that. Admit to what you've done. I was willing to stop, and you had to throw another insult my way.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Dislike to the voice and personality, from what the trailer showed that is. Old Vergil I never wanted to die, this Vergil (From what is shown) I couldn't care less if they let him die. Just how it goes at the moment. I doubt there are many ways to make me think otherwise. Any emotion they try to create from new Vergil being killed (If they do) won't impact me much.

Now one way they can redeem themselves would be new Vergil being corrupted gaining a different voice (More demonic maybe) and personality more similar to old Vergil (Less talky, more fighty and cold everywhere else) Now that would make DmC unbelievably more enjoyable for me. Especially if a boss fight that is on par with DMC3 Vergil fights is born from this.

Also, side note, can this arguing please for the life of this thread stop. I want to read opinions on this and responses to other peoples opinions.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
So, when I call you out on your childish behavior, it makes me neurotic. When you insult me, it's not a problem. This is a double standard and massive hypocrisy on your part.

Don't be embarrassed for me, Lexy.

I was actually willing to let it go in my last post. I said, "ok".

But you couldn't leave it alone, could you? You just had to start another argument.

Are you like this at home? Do the people you know personally have to put up with this sort of behavior?

And yes, you were using hate speech, and then hiding behind the "First Amendment" and "this is just my opinion" shield. No. It doesn't work like that. Admit to what you've done. I was willing to stop, and you had to throw another insult my way.

My childish behaviour? Where?

Where was I using hate speech by stating an opinion about a nonexistent person? Where did I try to hide behind the First Amendment? This is a forum, where people go to express their ideas, and that is exactly what I did. It is you who was not able to let other people have their opinions quietly.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
If someone calls me out or makes a 'dig' at a comment of mine, I'll notice it. Which is what you did. And now you don't wanna play?

Whatever.

Azurel

It's not 'playing' Lexy. It's not. This is serious. You really shouldn't take this so lightly. I'm going to leave this alone. Just think about it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, that's my whole point. You are taking this Vergil and other people's opinions FAR too seriously.

As for 'this'... what are you gonna do, burn my house down?

Azurel

Well, that came out of nowhere. I'm concerned for you, Lexy. I told you I that would stop. Whether you will stop as well, or not, is up to you.

Azurel

"Let other people..."?

Did you not just say that everyone is entitled to their opinion? I'm asking openly, here. How is it that you get to set the rules?

And I haven't been stopping people from doing anything. They can do what they want.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
To those who need Vergil to seek power to consider him the same i have just one question: Just who do you think is going to be in charge if the Order wins? Vergil is the sole leader of an organization devoted to overthrowing the current legitimate government. He doesn't have to turn evil or betray the Order to become the ruler of the world. A benevolent ruler is just as powerful as an evil one and a lot less likely to lose that power. Who would try to betray the man who saved humanity from the demons? It doesn't matter if Vergil means what he is saying or not. All he has to do is to keep doing what he is doing now and he will become what Sparda was in DMC4. A hero worshiped as a god, but if he just replaces Mundus than he will be overthrown just like Mundus (probably by Dante and probably within days if not minutes). Only an idiot would choose evil in that situation. In this case doing the right thing and doing what is in his best interest are the exact same thing. Does anyone really think that Vergil wouldn't realize that?

But that's the problem, the general populace doesn't seem to even be rooting for the Order or know much about them at all. They're a minority of rebels in a society that doesn't notice that demons are this close to ripping the world apart. They've been fed crap about Dante being a terrorist and maybe they believe it, because most of them are going about their lives just fine and Dante appears to be introducing trouble. So let's say the Order does save everybody - who's going to care if they didn't know there was problem to begin with? Heck, they may want to throw the whole lot of them in jail for treason, if they think the legitimate government is good. Vergil's not going to get power and glory by doing just what he's doing. Perhaps he really does only want to save the world and doesn't want power at all, but then, what kind of foil would he be to Dante? Where would his conflict lie? Perhaps DmC will introduce something brand new.

Maybe by the end of the game, everybody will see demonkind for what it really is and cheer for any force fighting against it. Or maybe Dante and his allies will be unsung heroes and go back to being largely ignored despite saving the planet, like the end of every other DMC game. It depends on what direction the game chooses to go, but there's a reason why the classic Sparda locked away his power to let both worlds rule themselves in the end.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
"Let other people..."?

Did you not just say that everyone is entitled to their opinion? I'm asking openly, here. How is it that you get to set the rules?

And I haven't been stopping people from doing anything. They can do what they want.

Entitled to their own opinion of the subject. Not to call other people 'haters' or spouters of 'hate speech' because they don't like what you do.

I'm not setting the rules, it's common sense and decency.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
"Let other people..."?

Its a simple request really.

I don't think its to much to ask for you to be mature and not make people feel bad about posting their opinions.

Having guys like you berate and ridicule their posts makes them uncomfortable with expressing their opinion openly which is a terrible thing on a forum.

If someone doesn't agree with your outlook that this new Vergil is so awesome it doesn't mean they are throwing "insults" or intentional "negativity" towards this new Vergil.

Azurel

@Tocool
Kind of like what you're doing right now, huh? I'm not even going to respond to you anymore. You're not a skeptic. You just like to start arguments.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
@Tocool
Kind of like what you're doing right now, huh? I'm not even going to respond to you anymore. You're not a skeptic. You just like to start arguments.

How am I doing that?

I'm asking you to be more tolerate of others opinions.

Does that make you uncomfortable?

Azurel

I don't care if whether or not they like what I like.

Insulting other people's work in any medium is still an insult. But you will never admit that.

Top Bottom