• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Insulting other people's works in any medium is still an insult. But you will never admit that.

But the thing your not getting is that its only a insult by YOUR definition.

Like I said, anything said that is less than favorable seems to be a insult in your book...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Insulting other people's works in any medium is still an insult. But you will never admit that.

Because you are the expert on my psyche, of course.

Why didn't you report this thread the moment it was created if you feel so strongly that it invites insult or critique to another's work, (which is some sort of cardinal sin in your eyes)?

Azurel

I thought people could give their opinion of saying they simply dislike it without resorting to insults. Now I know, that that is not the case.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I thought people could give their opinion of saying they simply dislike it without resorting to insults. Now I know, that that is not the case.

What are you talking about?

Where are the insults you speak of?

Point them out to me please and I shall address them.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
@Tocool
Kind of like what you're doing right now, huh? I'm not even going to respond to you anymore. You're not a skeptic. You just like to start arguments.

I don't care if whether or not they like what I like.

Insulting other people's work in any medium is still an insult. But you will never admit that.

Why is it always a lie, people like that still owe me cake you know...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
But that's the problem, the general populace doesn't seem to even be rooting for the Order or know much about them at all. They're a minority of rebels in a society that doesn't notice that demons are this close to ripping the world apart. They've been fed crap about Dante being a terrorist and maybe they believe it, because most of them are going about their lives just fine and Dante appears to be introducing trouble. So let's say the Order does save everybody - who's going to care if they didn't know there was problem to begin with? Heck, they may want to throw the whole lot of them in jail for treason, if they think the legitimate government is good. Vergil's not going to get power and glory by doing just what he's doing. Perhaps he really does only want to save the world and doesn't want power at all, but then, what kind of foil would he be to Dante? Where would his conflict lie? Perhaps DmC will introduce something brand new.

Maybe by the end of the game, everybody will see demonkind for what it really is and cheer for any force fighting against it. Or maybe Dante and his allies will be unsung heroes and go back to being largely ignored despite saving the planet, like the end of every other DMC game. It depends on what direction the game chooses to go, but there's a reason why the classic Sparda locked away his power to let both worlds rule themselves in the end.
you have a point but being loved by some people and ignored by the rest and gaining some power is still better than being hated by everyone and killed by your twin brother so Vergil's best option is still to do the right thing even if most people don't become aware of it. Of course the best choice if Vergil wants power is to make sure people know what is going on and everyone is one is on his side before taking down Mundus.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If you look at DMC3 Vergil's way of thinking instead of his actions and take into account the differences between the two universes than DmC Vergil isn't really that different from the the original even if he means every single word that he is saying.

To those who need Vergil to seek power to consider him the same i have just one question: Just who do you think is going to be in charge if the Order wins? Vergil is the sole leader of an organization devoted to overthrowing the current legitimate government. He doesn't have to turn evil or betray the Order to become the ruler of the world. A benevolent ruler is just as powerful as an evil one and a lot less likely to lose that power. Who would try to betray the man who saved humanity from the demons? It doesn't matter if Vergil means what he is saying or not. All he has to do is to keep doing what he is doing now and he will become what Sparda was in DMC4. A hero worshiped as a god, but if he just replaces Mundus than he will be overthrown just like Mundus (probably by Dante and probably within days if not minutes). Only an idiot would choose evil in that situation. In this case doing the right thing and doing what is in his best interest are the exact same thing. Does anyone really think that Vergil wouldn't realize that?
so he's a high functioning psychopath than?

you propuse an interesting idea. However I get the impression that its going to end tragicly for the twins again.

Am I the only one that was confused that Dante needed persuation on joining the cause, as in ending demons? Why does he need to be talked into it to begin with? He doesn't like them, they don't like them, his brother's there, a girl he seems to be attached to is there, why does he have to be persuated?
he's probably the non trusting type.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
hmmm....
vergilcomparison.jpg

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Well, people are stupid. :cool:

I don't know. The lines and voice acting in this trailer was very well done.

Personally, I think the voice-acting is so good that it draws attention to how glaringly simplistic and melodramatic the lines seem. Listening to it, I kept wishing these actors had been given a better script to work with. I think my expectations for this game's script were pushed too high by NT's hype as writers and became unrealistic; it is a video game, after all.

That said, the lines have definitely come a long way since wanting to fill dark souls with liiiiigggghhhht.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That or he is genuinely a good guy and wants to make the world a better place or he could just want revenge against demons and saving humanity is a side effect of his brilliant plan.
it was a sherlock holmes reference. nvm.

i think the larger picture was always a side effect of his plan. In 3, the demons attacking humanity was a side effect not the main goal.

plus his defeat of mundus would have changed things in both worlds but thats still not his goal.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
That is another problem I have with this Vergil, this one seems to embrace his human side, while the original avoided it like the plague.

N. Buffalo

Everyday is Tuesday with me!
Wow, this is a fun thread.
Anyways, I think he looks fine. Honestly, I'd thought he would look less like his original look, like DmC Dante does, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
Personality wise, I can't really say being this was just a 2 minute trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of this "goody-two shoes" act of Vergil is just trick and he has far more sinister plans.

Also, there is already DmC Vergil fan art:

1344985045967.jpg

Top Bottom