• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
I'm showing my ignorance and ask: What does this pic mean?

5hjy.jpg

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
@Azurel:

Anarchy doesn't mean starting riots, it's the exact opposite: The idea that people can rule themselves in peace without enforced government authority. Dante seems completely alienated from society, indifferent to most of it except when it tries to corral him and he's painted as a terrorist for resisting. Vergil seems to be right in the thick of it, trying to change things from the inside using the very money and privilege given to him by corrupt institutions, so they ostensibly have different ideas about how to live in this world. Dante wants to be left alone, Vergil wants to be part of the movement. Individual action versus collective action, maybe? It's interesting how Dante seems to draw Vergil out from the security of his organization to go at it with just the two of them. But perhaps Vergil always planned it that way, using Dante as a blunt instrument to soften the opposition before he stepped forward himself, who knows.

If Dante doesn't go for sacrificing the little people for the big picture that Vergil seems all about, that doesn't make him foolhardy, that makes him empathetic and therefore more of a hero. Vergil's method may be more pragmatic, but it's also pretty cold, and that coldness is what can eventually make a good leader terrible should he come to believe the ends (saving the world from demons) always justify the means (getting innocent people killed when it can be avoided). Now, he seems to be giving Dante's compassion a chance, but it's hard to say how far he'll let it go. I wouldn't put it past even a good Vergil to turn against Dante thinking it's for Dante's own good. Rich-kid-leader Vergil seems just as arrogant as his previous incarnations.

I'm still skeptical of NT's ability to write their relationship without the foundation of unseen history; they have to show their work this entire game. Perhaps they're capable of it, but I also thought the dialogue would be superior to other DMC games due to NT's writing ability, and so far it's been just as silly. So I've lost some faith in them.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
If you look at DMC3 Vergil's way of thinking instead of his actions and take into account the differences between the two universes than DmC Vergil isn't really that different from the the original even if he means every single word that he is saying.

To those who need Vergil to seek power to consider him the same i have just one question: Just who do you think is going to be in charge if the Order wins? Vergil is the sole leader of an organization devoted to overthrowing the current legitimate government. He doesn't have to turn evil or betray the Order to become the ruler of the world. A benevolent ruler is just as powerful as an evil one and a lot less likely to lose that power. Who would try to betray the man who saved humanity from the demons? It doesn't matter if Vergil means what he is saying or not. All he has to do is to keep doing what he is doing now and he will become what Sparda was in DMC4. A hero worshiped as a god, but if he just replaces Mundus than he will be overthrown just like Mundus (probably by Dante and probably within days if not minutes). Only an idiot would choose evil in that situation. In this case doing the right thing and doing what is in his best interest are the exact same thing. Does anyone really think that Vergil wouldn't realize that?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
LOL at the guys who are slinging mud at the so called "haters" for disliking this Vergil.

You look no better than the "haters" you ridicule and berate with posts like

"Your nothing but a hater!"

"You just can't accept change!"

"You just are trying to find reasons to hate this Vergil!"

And here I thought attitudes around here would mature a bit and people could actually start to respect each others opinions.

As for my thoughts on this Vergil.

He look isn't that bad for me.

its what I would expect from NT given their design choices for DmC, and its still nice to see he retains some of the qualities of the old Vergil such as white hair,blur color scheme, and Yamato.

But its just his personality, and his "brotherly love" attitude that I dislike.
You just gave both of our opinions in one post.
1289145351118.jpg

V

Oldschool DMC fan
"Freedom of Speech" does not equate to "Right to Abuse."

Get a grip.

I've yet to see an 'abusive' opinion/tirade of Vergil's new character here on this forum. And I've been less kind in my opinion elsewhere than here. There are places you can go if you want to read people ripping him to genuinely bloody shreds.

You're showing yourself and your apparent neuroses up.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I'm just wondering how has he managed to stay hidden this far and what separated the twins. It almost seems like it was arranged that Vergil could live the easy way and Dante would have to fight the hard way. Maybe angels have something to do with this, maybe the Order is working for the angels and Vergil is just a puppet leader? So many possible ways this might turn into ^_^

Yeah, this has been bothering me. It's not like Vergil's lived a low-key life, being a multi-millionaire and all, and it's not like he's been wearing that mask his whole life, so since demons could recognize Dante on sight, they would know Vergil, too. But since he made his money young, possibly he faked his death when demons attacked his adopted family and has been living in secrecy ever since. Maybe Mundus tried to kill/capture both twins at once and thought he succeeded with at least one...and that's how Vergil found out he even had a brother? I definitely want to see how that played out, evidently this game'll have its fair share of flashbacks.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If you look at DMC3 Vergil's way of thinking instead of his actions and take into account the differences between the two universes than DmC Vergil isn't really that different from the the original even if he means every single word that he is saying.

To those who need Vergil to seek power to consider him the same i have just one question: Just who do you think is going to be in charge if the Order wins? Vergil is the sole leader of an organization devoted to overthrowing the current legitimate government. He doesn't have to turn evil or betray the Order to become the ruler of the world. A benevolent ruler is just as powerful as an evil one and a lot less likely to lose that power. Who would try to betray the man who saved humanity from the demons? It doesn't matter if Vergil means what he is saying or not. All he has to do is to keep doing what he is doing now and he will become what Sparda was in DMC4. A hero worshiped as a god, but if he just replaces Mundus than he will be overthrown just like Mundus (probably by Dante and probably within days if not minutes). Only an idiot would choose evil in that situation. In this case doing the right thing and doing what is in his best interest are the exact same thing. Does anyone really think that Vergil wouldn't realize that?
...you just blew my mind lol

Dante47

I think Vergil loved his brother in DMC3. But as their rivalry grew, they started hating and despising each other. I'm sure Vergil (or Virgil) in this universe will grow unaccustomed to Dante's way of thinking, and will abandon him to pursue his goal of power. something Dante doesn't seem to care given how he hasn't embraced his demon side.

Mind you, Dante and Vergil were around each other longer than DmC's Dante and Vergil (I'm not sure if he's name has been fixed to Virgil, can anyone confirm?) seeing how they just met.

Look at how they already start arguing in just the trailer. This is obviously set to fall.

berto

I Saw the Devil
you propuse an interesting idea. However I get the impression that its going to end tragicly for the twins again.

Am I the only one that was confused that Dante needed persuation on joining the cause, as in ending demons? Why does he need to be talked into it to begin with? He doesn't like them, they don't like them, his brother's there, a girl he seems to be attached to is there, why does he have to be persuated?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
lol guys......You know, you can't really expect for all people to like your "gonna be favorite game".
I accepted the fact that there are some people in the castlevania fanbase who don't like Castlevania: Lords of shadow.
Know why? Because would that make the game better if they like it? Would it gonna play better? No.So why should i care?
Ask yourselves the same at DmC.If all people would like this game from the beginning, would it gonna play better? It won't right?

Kammosjuttu

you propuse an interesting idea. However I get the impression that its going to end tragicly for the twins again.

Am I the only one that was confused that Dante needed persuation on joining the cause, as in ending demons? Why does he need to be talked into it to begin with? He doesn't like them, they don't like them, his brother's there, a girl he seems to be attached to is there, why does he have to be persuated?

Maybe Dante is more like a solo person. Or then the new situation just made him wary. Lots of reasons if thought throughly.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Lexy.
So your response is to say that I have neurosis? Ok.

Yes.

Your behaviour in response to certain posters who have expressed dislike of the new Vergil design is to call them out childishly rather than accept their opinion - to which they are entitled - and then to start calling this dislike 'negativity' and 'abuse'.

Your behaviour belies a knee-jerk need to jump on opinions that are not like your own; to mock them and to start justifying it by assuming dislike equals hate speech.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed for you.

Top Bottom