• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what do you guys think about this Vergil?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wow, this is a fun thread.
Anyways, I think he looks fine. Honestly, I'd thought he would look less like his original look, like DmC Dante does, but I'm pleasantly surprised.
Personality wise, I can't really say being this was just a 2 minute trailer, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of this "goody-two shoes" act of Vergil is just trick and he has far more sinister plans.

Also, there is already DmC Vergil fan art:

1344985045967.jpg
!! it hasn't even been a day and there's already fan art!
and that fan art looks really good! damn, this is crazy lol

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Of course the best choice if Vergil wants power is to make sure people know what is going on and everyone is one is on his side before taking down Mundus.

Vergil's trying to inform people via those weird episodes on the net, but he basically comes off as any other nutty conspiracy theorist. He'd need to find definitive proof that demons are controlling the world and blast it over every media source available, but that might hurt more than help if civilians react by freaking out and setting everything on fire, because, you know, invading demon empire.

That reminds me, I wonder what role the police force and the army are going to play? Or how populated the universe is going to be? I would be in stitches if Dante had to run from the cops.

Azurel

Why does it come up as the American version only on my spell-check? They should include the other version.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
There's only one 'L' in 'marvelous'... just saying...

oh come on dude.

Stop throwing subtle "jabs".

You said you wanted your disagreement with Lexy to end.

Why take such jabs?

And don't tell me you where trying to correct his spelling out of the goodness of your heart lol.

As for the Vergil artwork.

Considering we only saw him today I must say that the artwork is pretty awesome!

vergilthedemonking

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and i am watching these dmc video's since they came out. Played all 4 of them and i like this new reboot. Just saw the trailers from gamescom and I think that the introduction of vergil is great and that he is a playable character makes it even better! He still looks like the same vergil from the previous games to me and he is a mastermind and very intelligent so he is obviously plotting something. Can't wait for this game! Just think bout the fact kicking ass with Dante and Vergil together!! That's a jackpot to me

Azurel

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and i am watching these dmc video's since they came out. Played all 4 of them and i like this new reboot. Just saw the trailers from gamescom and I think that the introduction of vergil is great and that he is a playable character makes it even better! He still looks like the same vergil from the previous games to me and he is a mastermind and very intelligent so he is obviously plotting something. Can't wait for this game! Just think bout the fact kicking ass with Dante and Vergil together!! That's a jackpot to me

Yeah. He does look like the same Vergil as previous games. Right down to the trench coat and katana. But plotting something? I doubt it. I'm also glad he's a playable character.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

wow, now 3 people have that exact same avatar lol.

I wonder how many more I will see today.

Dante47

Personally, I think the voice-acting is so good that it draws attention to how glaringly simplistic and melodramatic the lines seem. Listening to it, I kept wishing these actors had been given a better script to work with. I think my expectations for this game's script were pushed too high by NT's hype as writers and became unrealistic; it is a video game, after all.

That said, the lines have definitely come a long way since wanting to fill dark souls with liiiiigggghhhht.
I disagree. The lines are subtle, but strong. Obviously these lines were meant to be said in the right way, therefore the director gave them an idea on how to say them. Just listen to the way Vergil says, "All right, we'll do it your way." It expresses his feelings perfectly for that situation.

Azurel

I disagree. The lines are subtle, but strong. Obviously these lines were meant to be said in the right way, therefore the director gave them an idea on how to say them. Just listen to the way Vergil says, "All right, we'll do it your way." It expresses his feelings perfectly for that situation.

A lot more tension between these two, now that the director knows how to play the chemistry of the two brothers off each other.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I know many of you say that new Vergils personality is basically the same as old Vergils. But I really have to disagree on that one.

First off, old Vergil's attainment of power is based on him actually gaining raw power to fight with, where as new Vergil just seems to have the Order, A completely different type of power. Wanting this type of power instead of raw power is very different and does require quite a different type of personality.

Second is the whole goals being the same in DmC and different in DMC3 making him the enemy. Yes that is true, but the fact that new Vergil's goal is the eradication of Demons, it's completely different from old Vergil, who just killed what got in his way at that point in time, and didn't care less for the life of anyone else. Again very different personality gap between these two styles. Plus in DMC3 if Dante had the same goal as Vergil, Vergil would have just done what he did to Arkham. And if Vergil had Dante's goal, he just wouldn't be Vergil quite simply.

Even if it turns out he was going for raw power, or in the end is willing to let everyone die, it still doesn't change the fact that the method to get there is very much different from what old Vergil would be doing. Since old Vergil is very open about his goal from the start. He doesn't seem like the type to hide behind a completely false identity as extreme as the leader of an order to solely kill off all demons and protect humans.

Now open to replies, but go easy on the opinions against. I've been quite sleepy whilst writing this so I'm expecting a few loopholes and errors in logic :)

Azurel

I know many of you say that new Vergils personality is basically the same as old Vergils. But I really have to disagree on that one.

First off, old Vergil's attainment of power is based on him actually gaining raw power to fight with, where as new Vergil just seems to have the Order, A completely different type of power. Wanting this type of power instead of raw power is very different and does require quite a different type of personality.

Second is the whole goals being the same in DmC and different in DMC3 making him the enemy. Yes that is true, but the fact that new Vergil's goal is the eradication of Demons, it's completely different from old Vergil, who just killed what got in his way at that point in time, and didn't care less for the life of anyone else. Again very different personality gap between these two styles. Plus in DMC3 if Dante had the same goal as Vergil, Vergil would have just done what he did to Arkham. And if Vergil had Dante's goal, he just wouldn't be Vergil quite simply.

Even if it turns out he was going for raw power, or in the end is willing to let everyone die, it still doesn't change the fact that the method to get there is very much different from what old Vergil would be doing. Since old Vergil is very open about his goal from the start. He doesn't seem like the type to hide behind a completely false identity as extreme as the leader of an order to solely kill off all demons and protect humans.

Now open to replies, but go easy on the opinions against. I've been quite sleepy whilst writing this so I'm expecting a few loopholes and errors in logic :)

True. The methods in which they use to attain their individual goals are actually quite different. Vergil believes in working behind the scenes, which makes him a fascinating character study. It shows that you don't have to flaunt what you have in order to have a commanding presence.

Top Bottom