• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So new DMC animated series are coming to Netflix

berto

I Saw the Devil
So....maybe it's actually Nero, all grown up, taking over Dante's role because he's retired.
Unlikely. Nero has no amulet, uses a very distinct gun, that's Rebellion and, even if his arm doesn't look like a dinosaur's now, there is no Kyrie around to fawn over. There are too many identifiers that it's Dante. Is possible it's Nero? Sure. It'd be a silly twist but not impossible. I just don't see anything Nero besides the voice and hair.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
A problem with the 3rd game is that feels like a beginning while the 1st game feels like an end. So i wouldn't mind this show begins before 3 and ends after 1 with new stories in the middle.

I'm fine with Nero getting a sequel series like Nocturne with the same approach.

windleopard

I find it amusing that Johnny Yong Bosch is now two for two in voicing in a superpowered gunslinger who wears a red coat. Maybe he should complete the trifecta and voice Alucard in Hellsing.

Adi Shankar posted this on Twitter/X.

a80be18df8d6e93e1cebbe2e26f2d8151a9c27f2.pnj

Dare I hope for Lucia?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
the last anime failed to tell a compelling story and act as a followup to 3 and 1 so Im hoping they get it right this time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I wouldnt mind this project exploring satire like the reboot tried but hopefully a better attempt.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Man, I really hope Shankar's recent comments about Vergil are just more trolling. Because otherwise I fear for the writing of the characters in this show if he can't understand such basic characterization.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol, he can't be serious surely?, vergil may be an anti hero in the future but between teminigru and the Qliphoth he has indirectly and directly killed countless humans and innocents. So while he may not be evil, he is for sure not an anti hero :ROFL:

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
@Lain
he also called Sephiroth an anti-hero so maybe he just doesn't know what an anti-hero is.

which is odd given what he produces.

maybe this show can make a good case for him being one better than the games?

but that would work better in a new story set before the games.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Piccolo jr from dbz is what i would class as an anti hero in the saiyan arc, started as an adversary but becomes good. Unlike vergil though he had no human kill count lol.

Cosmefulanito94

He's been very persistent that Vergil is not a villain at all at any point but rather an anti-hero the whole time. :unsure:
Well a lot of people have the same vision of Vergil being an anti-hero because he's cool or that he is not a bad guy, is an innocent little kid and they don't care the facts that emerged a giant monolith in the middle of a city or killed thousands lifed only to get a fruit I mean, DMC5 ended with 0 fault or regret to Vergil and the public thinks it's ok because I am the storm that is approaching.

I mean Vision of V was interesting but the people but people forgot that Vergil is not innocent and they were left with the image of someone who suffered and was misunderstood.

Memes distort the reality of the characters

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
For all we know vergil may get very little airtime in this show, possibly none.

Weirdly it won't matter if nero is not covered, since jyb will do nero in dante cosplay for it anyway lol.

Last edited:

Benny

Vergil is a frustrating case to deal with. DMC doesn't have dragon balls to fix his mess like Vegeta. Nobody can "humble" him except his relatives but unfortunately Vergil dumb everyone down when he's nearby. The most offensive is his cruelty acts in game actually rewarded him. A manga where he pitied himself more than pitying his mother getting killed by demons. Just too much...
disgusted-woman.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe now vergil accepted his human side, he can stop his world domination goals and cop on. He just needs a good punch in the face now and then, to knock sense into him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
Vergil is a frustrating case to deal with. DMC doesn't have dragon balls to fix his mess like Vegeta. Nobody can "humble" him except his relatives but unfortunately Vergil dumb everyone down when he's nearby. The most offensive is his cruelty acts in game actually rewarded him. A manga where he pitied himself more than pitying his mother getting killed by demons. Just too much...
disgusted-woman.jpg
im hoping Netflix succeeds were Capcom failed.

Top Bottom