• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill 2

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's a Catch-22 situation.

People complain how they're sick of remakes and remaster's yet often any change is criticised. On the extreme end, I know a fellow who gave the FF7 Remake a 0/10 because they dared to make even the slightest deviations to the sacred cow that was the original's story and felt he deserved a refund because he had been sold "a different game" as a result. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Changes for the better are welcomed by most, but dropping a lot of things or straying too far from the original changes it from a remake and puts it into reboot territory.

That remains to be seen in this remake, graphics aside the gameplay looks very different and clunky to me which is offputting.The rest is a non issue.

thesaunderschild

The first remake of RE was not much different from the original, so it was lauded for being better in terms of everything you could take note on.

Compared to the original game, there was only minor changes, but you barely notice them. But Capcom's remakes from 2019 to now are way different. They are probably not what some fans expected. I think people were hoping RE2 would turn out like RE1 from the GameCube era, where things are the same, but with the nice graphical touch the 2002 remake received.

The same can be said for SH2. They're changing the feel, etc.

thesaunderschild

They tried to remaster them back in 2012. The HD collection on the Xbox 360 had various glitches, or they didn't include the coding for the fog effects.

For copyright reasons, SH3 had to be released with new voices, but SH2 had the option of selecting re-recorded vocals by a new cast (including Troy Baker as James), or the work of the original actors could be chosen.

It seems the previous reply got deleted by who posted it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They tried to remaster them back in 2012. The HD collection on the Xbox 360 had various glitches, or they didn't include the coding for the fog effects.

For copyright reasons, SH3 had to be released with new voices, but SH2 had the option of selecting re-recorded vocals by a new cast (including Troy Baker as James), or the work of the original actors could be chosen.

It seems the previous reply got deleted by who posted it.
my bad. i thought remastering was simpler than remaking games.

thesaunderschild

RE1 (1996) is supposedly getting released again, so who knows? I don't think a PS2 costs much anyway, but the actual games fetch up to steep prices online. Even in high street stores such as ones like CeX, expect to pay a lot if you find any used copies.

Top Bottom