• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Signature Rules [*NEW*] 07 Nov 2008

Keaton

Premium
In recent days staff have been made aware that some of the forums participants (incl. staff) are not happy with the way some members utilize the space within the Signature Section of each individuals post.

SO, I've written up some new rules and restrictions to ensure that the forum continues to run smoothly and more importantly...that everyone is happy!

The previous 'rule' was that there wasn't one, but this changes...now.

575 pixels Wide (maximum-at all times)
400 Pixels High (maximum-at all times)

600400-1.png

This is the new guide.

No un-spoilered Signature is allowed to exceed these limits.
This also includes multiple images, the combined 'height' must not exceed 400 pixels.

Additional lines of text such as links to the rules, threads, and so on are still allowed (character limit already in play - naturally).

There is but ONE loop-hole here that we will allow members to use...that is....

...the MAGICAL SPOILER TAGS OF WONDER!

Amazing aren't they :D

If you wish to have an art work in your signature that is larger than the above specifications...then you MUST spoiler tag it [*spoiler] image [*/spoiler] (remove the *'s).

The staff has agreed that we will allow ONE WEEK of misconduct in this regard, one week from this threads creation, to change any signatures to the right size, apply spoiler tags and so on.

Following this, we will be issuing warnings and infractions (eventually bans for anyone who is that adamant against the rules) accordingly.

We're not trying to stop anyone expressing their artistry in their signatures, BUT we need to keep the forum tidy, afterall, without restrictions and Spoiler Tags it takes silly time scrolling and loading just one page of an active topic.

If anyone has any problems regarding these new rulings please feel free to notify myself or another member of the friendly site staff.

-K

http://photobucket.com - Image hosting website, allows minor image editing, but allows you to resize it after its been uploaded.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I just wana know, is mine ok?
rep+ for the new rules, i know it takes a loooooong time to make these things, for me anyway XD

Keaton

Premium
Ideally it needs to be 25 pixels thinner, I can resize it for you (I can do this for anyone who asks nicely).

OR you can upload it to a Photobucket Image Hosting Account, which allows you to resize fully.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
OMG THANK YOU KEAT!

I now have renewed faith in the staff again, seriously!

Keaton

Premium
^Go for it!
I only put Photobucket down because I use it - if you have any other free upload sites, post the addys and i'll add them to the no.1 post :D

EDIT: Yes yours is fine now Vaux :D
Also, I'm very pleased Esura, your welcome.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Tinypic FTW - I use them all the time :D

Thanks to those who are already taking this new rule into account - we'd normally have an automatic image resizer available but we have yet to find a hack which is supported (i.e. safe to use). Until then, keeping these sizes in mind would really help - particularly for those with slow or shared connections who shouldn't have to wait five minutes for a page to load because someone's whacked some gosh-awful monstrosity of a signature/mural all over the place.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
^ You should. :p

I'm really happy this new rule was made. As I hate large signature's. No offense, But the majority of them are really ugly, I hate having to scroll down allot more just because of them, They make the forums looks bad (In my opinion), And If I am ever having a slow connection day, It really p!s*ss me off.

Just asking. I made the same topic Esura made about 7 months ago <-(Guess) and I think you guys made a rule on it. But what happened to the rule?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's a discretionary thing, really - something like "we reserve the right to edit/remove overly large sigs although this is not a hard-lined rule per se" - it's just recently people have been making more wallpaper-style sigs than the traditional sizes seen on other forums and it just looks crappy and makes it almost impossible for those with shared or slow connection to enjoy the boards.

Keaton

Premium
Top Tip: if your unsure if your signature is okay for use...

-Right Click the Image
-Then Click Properties
-The 'Dimensions' are the signatures size

If this is bigger than the suggested size then you'll need to change it ^__^

...and YES, yours is fine Omen, ps. Love the Blue-Dude too :D

Top Bottom