• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sexism/misogyny in dmc

I hear you. As it goes I think people are realizing that men can be 'whores' and women can be like men... Not sure society in general will ever fully respect the prospect of lots of sleeping around any time soon but at least it's learning that it's not the end of the world. Just thinking about people on here now arguing over which DMC girl is showing how much skin compared to the general views 50 years ago, at least we've made progress enough to be able to talk about it without people screaming obscenity. I'm frustrated by the fact sex and sexuality is even a deal in this day and age, but gotta be patient I guess. Hope future generations laugh at this one.
I believe this is one of those rare moments that happen in message board discussions, I 100% agree with your sentiment about sexuality, it's like can we please just get over it.

Reactions: V

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
dmc-friendh3.jpg

LOL Sexism ? Misogyny ? I don't think so ! there are obvious gender stereotypes and cliches but they are FAR from being sexist or misogynistic.

This is something: at most Devil May Cry falls back on stereotypes and cliches simply because they weren't trying to make grand stories (in the classics), so they use them to fill in certain story and character elements so they can get back to what mattered - the action.

IncarnatedDemon

chancey> dmc girls are cliche. Kat is awesome!
Awake> Kat is cliche too.
DragonM> So are the dmc girls
Unknown> Your avtar is cliche Awake.

wtf.gif

Wtf is going on people?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I thought it was a sandwich...

Nope! And I was wrong, it was an apple. The orange was earlier in the movie, when he was taking care of Lung when he went a bit insane and wouldn't eat.

1:17:36 for context :p

Also check out 26:40 for the greatest scene about rice ever. EVER.

Last edited:
Top Bottom