• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Due to DMC4 Vergil having most of DMC4 Dante's best moves, I feel that Styles are no longer necessary and all of Dante's moves should be blended and streamlined into one cohesive whole without having to swap out any of the functions on the controller.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I generally don't see fans as owners of the stories they enjoy the same way they do.

V's probably the character I'm most interested while Nero is the opposite. Dante I'm glad to see but I don't need him to be the sole focus.

I don't mind if DMC takes place outside of Europe or includes yokai, angels, vampires, faeries etc.

DDD was confusing before the time travel plot popped up.

358/2 days would have been better off as a Riku game.

Beware the Batman was an underrated batman cartoon that should have continued.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Burton's Batman and Donner's Superman are campy as hell flicks and Batman and Superman themselves look so cheap in those movies it's almost funny.
Jack Nicholson and Christopher Reeve carry those films HARD.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
O
-DMC1 has the most barebones story. After playing it firsthand it's story and dialogue is kind of cringworthy. Still a good game though.
Not an unpopular opinion but facts lol The basic "Good guy goes and kills the guy who killed his parents" plot just works for DMC1, that's more than i can say for DMC 2&4's plots which was just meh, it felt like the whole story in 2 was about Lucia and dante was just winging it the whole time. Dante seemed to be doing the same in 4 but it was 10 times worse because Nero was this angsty Dante knock-off chasing after his princess peach. At least, lucia was kind of intersting.

-most MCU films are awfully forgettable save a few.
Same here bruh, i just don't get the hype for MCU whatsoever, they're like Transformers movies, except people pretend like they're great movies. Even though they're just the same mediocre movie over&over again with different settings&flavours. And ironically, the new transformers movie spin off bumblebee looks genuinely good for the first time. I can actually tell the damn robots apart.

-The Disney/Fox merge is pretty bad and all people take away from it is that the MCU gets the X-men and not the people who will lose their jobs or that Disney will become a monopoly.
At least we got Deadpool&Logan before that happened. Fox went out with a Bang and dIsney will always make inferior kid friendly X-men movies. Considering how child pandering Disney tends to be, wtf are they even gonna do with the Alien&Predator IP's? I still hope Scott makes that last movie. As much as the prequels have been disappointing, Alien Fans still want to see that promised last movie that connects to the first Alien movie.

-The Joker is so lame to me nowadays.
He's just overplayed to the point of flanderization IMO i dislike the killing joke origins for the joker too. For SOME reason all the fans act like TKJ origin is the definitive Joker origin. It tries to humanize The Joker by making him a "Tragic" character. It takes all the awesomeness of The Joker, its also pretty hard to believe that this criminal mastermind was a meek comedian before falling into a vat of acid. Where did he get all his genius from? Going crazy doesn't make you a smart criminal.

Batman TAS had a better origin IMO, he was already a notorious gangster so it makes perfect sense for him to be a criminal mastermind after he became The joker. I don't want to sympathize with the joker period.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
  • The Amazing Spider-Man is my most favourite Spider-Man film.
  • Tales of the Abyss is the most overrated game in the franchise and is kinda trash, my favourite is the Xillia duology.
  • The Star Wars prequels were actually good and far better than the Disney Sequel Films.
  • Final Fantasy should move back towards the more medieval fantasy inspired settings of the first five games.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ruby is probably the weakest character (writing-wise) in RWBY. Jaune feels like he should be the lead.

Justice league is a fun romp but they should used a different threat instead of Steppenwolf and the Parademons.

Man Of Steel was better than most of the Marvel Phase 2 films, except the Winter Soldier.

Batman vs Superman had a lot of good ideas so i could see why they thought it was the right way to go.

I rather use Raven than Cyborg in the JL roster.

I like Momoa's take on Aquaman but felt like he was the weakest member so far. Maybe they should have done his solo before JL?

I like Roxas but Days feels like filler. His story was already told in 2 and explained succinctly. Days would have worked better if he was explaining his life to Sora and Sora had to clean up a problem in the modern day.

Or just do an Axel game.

Xion should have gotten a more distinct design and personality. Making her another meek kairi pallete swap just makes me wish they did more with Namine.

There are KH ocs on deviantart that makes me wish nomura would step his design game up.

Naruto/Sasuke/sakura are more appealing as adults than angsty teens. Naruto is better than goku in that he actually feels an adult when he's older.
Gt's take on SS4 is more appealing than Super's God mode in terms of design.

One piece is better than dbz.

Funny thing is the stuff we complain about in Bleach, One Piece gets away with it.

Gon was a weak element to Hunter x Hunter till the Chimeara ant saga. He was a slow burn deconstruction of the traditional shonen jump protagonist so maybe that was the point?

I like that clara stuff in Capaldi's tenure. I even liked her will they won't they stuff with Danny Pink. Is it weird to be both Team Danny and team doctor?

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Ruby is probably the weakest character (writing-wise) in RWBY. Jaune feels like he should be the lead.
I agree it also doesn't help that the fandom from what I remember always seemed to infantised her character and even worse is the show somewhat promotes this.
Gt's take on SS4 is more appealing than Super's God mode in terms of design.
GT take on Goku was a hell of a lot better than what we got in Super. I like that Goku was portrayed as having matured, having from his past fights also liking SSJ4 over Blue isn't really unpopular since SSJ4 was one of thing people liked out of GT.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I hated Death Note after the episode where he tricked that retired FBI agent into giving her name.

To me, it all went downhill when Misa showed up.

I stopped watching when I first saw Nate so as not to make the same mistake again.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Oh yeah, I forgot to bring it up when I mentioned Final Fantasy but FFXII is my favourite main series game (it hurts my soul every time I remember that the third game was cancelled) and Tactics is my favourite gaiden game. :thumbsup:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
- Batman Arkham Knight was the most interesting Arkham game for me story-wise. It made me care for the Batman character much more than the other games did.
- Lucia has one of the best DMC character designs.
- Eating with chopsticks is fun lol, just in general

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Man Of Steel was better than most of the Marvel Phase 2 films, except the Winter Soldier.

Man of Steel gets more hate from "professional" critics and blind fanboys/girls than the general audience. I loved Man of Steel, but I felt it could have used a better color palette. Batman V. Superman I found average, and Justice League was a solid B in my book.

Between Upgrade and Venom, which people on the internet like compare a lot, Venom is the better movie. Upgrade may be R-Rated, but it has a **** you of an ending, even if it does make sense.

Most of the Marvel Netflix shows are a better written, story wise, than the Marvel movies. And keep in mind, I enjoy the most of Marvel Studios output. Speaking of Marvel, I hate Age of Ultron, Iron Man 2, and Dark World. I heard people say Iron Man 2 was better than the summer movies released in 2009 (one of them being Revenge of the Fallen), but that is still not saying much.

Suda51/Grasshopper Studio's worse game, other than Let It Die, is Lollipop Chainsaw gameplay wise. The depth is lacking even compared to No More Heroes 1 & 2, Killer Is Dead, or even Onechanbara Z1&Z2. With that said, I still like Juliet.

Scott Adkins and Michael J. White are one of the most underrated action stars and they need more work.

Avatar (James Cameron) is overrated, and worse than Ferngully. Why anyone would be lined up for three more of these is beyond me.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Season 1 I still find the weakest, but I enjoy it. S2 is still the strongest, and S3 is good, but a case of being rushed. I hate all of the sequel comics. The less said about Korra for me right now, the better.

Streets of Rage crushes Final Fight as a whole and most beat'em ups released in the arcades. Only Final Fight 1 (arcade original) beats the SOR1, but the latter has a better soundtrack.

Hao Asakura is a terribly written villain no matter which version of Shaman King. The manga tries to make him sympathetic, but fails horribly, and the anime version comes off as a cliche. He's basically what happened if you combined Sephiroth with Knives (Trigun), and added in less sci-fi.

Bakugo is almost as bad as Sasuke, as a rival character. Sometimes worse. ****, the whiny bitch.

TMNT: Out of the Shadows is the second best live-action ninja turtles movie.

Last edited:

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Between Upgrade and Venom, which people on the internet like compare a lot, Venom is the better movie. Upgrade may be R-Rated, but it has a **** you of an ending, even if it does make sense.

Personally, I was absolutely thrilled with the ending of Upgrade. I love how it wasn't an ideal, gift-wrapped conclusion most people want. Even though I liked the protagonist and supported his actions (at times, because there were a lot of moral conflicts) I found the ending very satisfying because it wasn't heroic or uplifting.
But then again, that's just me. I tend to enjoy these dismal conclusions - especially in movies with tones like this one - over more positive outcomes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Personally, I was absolutely thrilled with the ending of Upgrade. I love how it wasn't an ideal, gift-wrapped conclusion most people want. Even though I liked the protagonist and supported his actions (at times, because there were a lot of moral conflicts) I found the ending very satisfying because it wasn't heroic or uplifting.
But then again, that's just me. I tend to enjoy these dismal conclusions - especially in movies with tones like this one - over more positive outcomes.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I usually don't mind downer/depressing endings, but I can't but feel Upgrade's ending should have been more bittersweet. I.E, the protagonist still dies, but Stem goes with him. That's just me though. I'll pick up the film later.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Honestly I prefer the gameplay of Zone of the Enders over its sequel. This gets me a lot of flak online.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The newest Spider-Man game is mega overrated.
I actually agree with this but with only a few things:

-Mary Jane and Miles' segments of the game are so damn slow and don't do anything for me. I know it's supposed to shake things up, but my god they have some lame parts.

-Mary Jane's character really irks me. I love how she's doing things as a reporter, but she got on my nerves with how she puts herself in way too much danger and then goes on to say her and Spiderman are "teammates". No, Mary Jane, you're not a teammate. You're a damsel who puts herself in danger. Don't get mad that your ex doesn't want you to die.

-Some of the costumes are nice but a lot of them aren't that good in my opinion.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh I got another one.

FF7 Dirge of Cerberus was actually a really fun and enjoyable experience for me.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Did anyone else like the Ready Player One movie?
I know the readers will say 'read the book first', but instead I saw the movie, and... can't say I liked it. The only thing impressive was the graphics, but it felt so much like a massive crossover fan fiction that it hurt. Plot was thin, the protagonist and Artemis's relationship just seemed like it was forced, and the bad guy--oh, the BAD GUY--was just so mediocre. Writing his password right next to his machine... glorious. Incredible. I have no words, lol.

DarkSlayerVergil

• Dante vs Bayonetta was dead wrong.
  • Vergil vs Sephiroth was right.
  • Goku Black is the worse villain to grace Dragonball canon and I believe Baby to be his superior.
  • I find Kratos to be a more interesting protagonist then Dante.
  • I find Lucia and Kat to be more appealing than Lady and Trish.

Top Bottom