• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rebellion comparison

Jane Sweetbee

Yeah, **** those people who enjoy sex. Let's have a superpowered, hardcore monk, instead of a hero with a healthy and realistic teen-mindset. Stop getting so pumped. This has nothing to do with being a whore, it's normal. It also has nothing to do with me, but you misinterpreted my intention there just nicely.

Other than dodging my points, what is there to your arguments, really?

Whatever, now i believe i was arguing with a 13 years-old. Bye>_<

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry

forgive me but i think youre taking this too personally. Does it matter whether or not dante has sex. for all we know he didnt get laid cuz he passed out. or that night could have been his first (tho mind you a first time being a threeway with two girls earns you like a googleplex number of man points). is it that important in a game about killing demons. theyre not gonna follow up on it with a whole sub plot about dantes sexual activity. NT probs only put it in just for lolz and to establish dante is not a shut in like the old one seemed to be in 1,2 and 4.

Jane Sweetbee

forgive me but i think youre taking this too personally. Does it matter whether or not dante has sex. for all we know he didnt get laid cuz he passed out. or that night could have been his first (tho mind you a first time being a threeway with two girls earns you like a googleplex number of man points - sorry, this is even more ridiculous and anti-conscience). is it that important in a game about killing demons. theyre not gonna follow up on it with a whole sub plot about dantes sexual activity. NT probs only put it in just for lolz and to establish dante is not a shut in like the old one seemed to be in 1,2 and 4.
Maybe personally, but i put my argument based on the character of old Dante. New Dante is more approachable is because he is more fragile physically and mentally (more human) than his previous incarnations. And yes, because i come from a culture similar to Japan, i pretty understand their assumption in character design - Dante is an established virgin. This is an unbreakable part of him. I don't think Capcom will change it, but we will see how much they will finally cross the line (sexual theme is indicated and we will see what does it mean later on). And i think "hell of night" part may be a trap of hunter demon. And also, Tameem did said it is the symbolic nudity.

788Masri

Dante is an established virgin. .

Reaally? i always got the impression he was holding off that beast of a woman Trish while trying to stop lady from tearing his clothes off with her teeth. but hey, ur opinon is your opinion. i really couldnt care whether hes a virgin or not. i just doubt it thats all

Jane Sweetbee

Reaally? i always got the impression he was holding off that beast of a woman Trish while trying to stop lady from tearing his clothes off with her teeth. but hey, ur opinon is your opinion. i really couldnt care whether hes a virgin or not. i just doubt it thats all
Dante is very gentle to women. He is nice to human women because his mother is a human. But he keeps a distance from them, because he doesn't want to get them involved in his life - an unforgiving and dangerous demon-hunting battlefield. Dante knows his mission very well.
Trish and Lady are Dante's friends and business partners only. Trish represents Dante's memory of his mother. And Lady, she is just sort of his sister. I am sure Lady will blow Dante's head if he acts "inappropriately" to her. And their friendship is not even very stable: Trish disappears occasionally, and Lady is a busy demon hunter. These three people have separate life.
Maybe culture difference really matters. In U.S. and Europe, people are much much more likely to interpret gender relations in DMC in terms of sex. For me, their relationship is purely friendship.

ReRave

smug jerk
This is now more than half a day ago and everytime I look at it I burst out into tears of laughter.
Well done, child, well done.

oh my god can we please get back on freaking topic!!!! D:<
i've already asked twice!! if this topic is so important make another thread!!!!!
Here I was thinking, that you are not a mod?

Anyways, the topic has been discussed already, or am I wrong to assume, that there's absolutely nothing to add?
We know for a fact, that Rebellion doesn't exist in reality as well as his guns.
That's all this thread was there fr, isn't it?

GOONER1991

I wonder whether Dante will get more markings as he acquires more weapons, or whether the weapons that you gain over the course of the game, are simply new forms that Rebellion can take?

788Masri

I wonder whether Dante will get more markings as he acquires more weapons, or whether the weapons that you gain over the course of the game, are simply new forms that Rebellion can take?

possible but unlikely. or hed be covered in tattoos by the end of the game. which really pointless if you ask me. i think the weapons are just different forms of rebellion. which makes sense as rebellion is part of him so it can become anything he wants it to be

ReRave

smug jerk
possible but unlikely. or hed be covered in tattoos by the end of the game. which really pointless if you ask me. i think the weapons are just different forms of rebellion. which makes sense as rebellion is part of him so it can become anything he wants it to be
It would make him look more demonic though, if he was covered in those half-visible occult markings, that glow whenever he uses his powers.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The weapon could just replace the one on his back but i like the idea of Dante gaining more tattoos as he obtains new weapons. You would only be able to see the newer tattoos when you play without the jacket.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Wow wow wow, cuts all over his body? Are you guys for real? You want him to be almost freak-like in his appearance? what ever happened to the muscled version or the not-sliced up version of him?...

Top Bottom