• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rebellion comparison

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay so i created a comparison photo for you guys check it out and tell me what you guys think.
rebellion.jpg

see any resemblence? :)

crush

Good find! Well..weapons in tatoos are quite typical but in functions well in this story because Dante has to keep his profile low at all times. Because if doesn't, he will be pretty much likely to be squished by the whole town in about 20 seconds after he gets out of his lodge.

Kammosjuttu

Wow, Choco, that's awesome! :w00t: I would love it if Dante would be able to keep Rebellion inside his body like that and then just draw it out of his back. That tattoo thingie really resembles the sword in shape.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
mhm so i'm thinking that dante withholds rebellion in his body so humans can't see it. this goes along with another person's theory i saw somewhere.
good theory i kinda like the sound of it , Dante hiding his sword from bad demons lol :p

i believe that other person was Railazel

here is another pic of the tattoo
mjt7gtscpbiu7i8ormt.jpg

Kammosjuttu

By the way, has there been a picture of Dante's naked back while he is holding the sword in his hand? It would be interesting to see does the tattoo disappear when the sword is in use. ;)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
By the way, has there been a picture of Dante's naked back while he is holding the sword in his hand? It would be interesting to see does the tattoo disappear when the sword is in use. ;)
that would be interesting to see, i have a feeling that it might, but i guess we couldn't know unless we saw dante's back with his sword drawn. :)

Yup, seems to be Rebellion sticking through an angel symbol for some reason.
perhaps the angel symbol is like a portal that dante retracts rebellion from?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
hmmm that could make sense. maybe dante is rebelling against the angels?
Or Eva was. What with procreating with a demon and all.

There's also the fact that Sparda was in the wrong too (having two kids with an angel), and both of them could be seen as rebelling against or deliberately defying their kind.

Culminating in the fact that Dante has no choice but to rebel against a world that's hated him from the moment he was born.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Thar's intersting. When in the human world, the Rebellion is a tattoo inside his body, but in Limbo, the tattoo becomes his sword on his back. Also, maybe Rebellion is an Angel weapon. Since in the original DMC, it never said if Dante's sword was created by a demon, so maybe in this DmC, Dante's wounds heal so long as he has the sword, because of it's "Magical" qualities.

Dante has no choice but to rebel against a world that's hated him from the moment he was born.
Like our world, or should I say "fanboys.":troll:

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I think the tattoo represents that even though he has angelic blood in him...rebellion is a twisted side so it pierces the angel diagram...He has an angelic side (angel diagram) and a twisted more darker side (hence the name rebellion of the sword and how it pierces the angel diagram) and in a way they coexist...the reason being why rebellion is a regular sword but can contain both angel and demon powers....in theory....

Top Bottom