• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

rebellion comparison

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
okay so i created a comparison photo for you guys check it out and tell me what you guys think.
rebellion.jpg

see any resemblence? :)
Looks like Soul Calibur.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Thar's intersting. When in the human world, the Rebellion is a tattoo inside his body, but in Limbo, the tattoo becomes his sword on his back. Also, maybe Rebellion is an Angel weapon. Since in the original DMC, it never said if Dante's sword was created by a demon, so maybe in this DmC, Dante's wounds heal so long as he has the sword, because of it's "Magical" qualities.
it was said that it was Sparda's weapon, which he gave to Dante

Gbraga

If anyone can make a render of his tattoo I'll get it done lol

Was planning on getting something related to Subject #64432B, but I'm not even sure if he'll be that in the final game anymore.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Wow chocolateghost, great find. Looks like NT is still finding ways to make sense of DMC lore.

Domenic93

we can tell that Rebellion will have a seemingly big role in the plot. with the whole "stick it to the man" mentality the game is going for.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
we can tell that Rebellion will have a seemingly big role in the plot. with the whole "stick it to the man" mentality the game is going for.
Or its just a way to conceal his weapon.

I thought the guitar was such a rip off of Desperado. Except Desperado was way cooler imo. And was Rebellion broken down in the guitar case? or did the 6 foot sword actually fit inside the case normally?

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
You guys should really read that one preview I mentioned earlier in the DmC Theories thread...That tattoo really is Rebellion and it shines and summons Rebellion when he enters Limbo. It was in a preview. I don't remember which one, but I know I read it for sure.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Whoa, that's pretty cool! Good eye ;)

Thar's intersting. When in the human world, the Rebellion is a tattoo inside his body, but in Limbo, the tattoo becomes his sword on his back.
I think you may be right. I'm watching the captivate demo now and at the beginning, when Dante is walking with Kat, he doesn't have rebellion on him; but when he's dragged into limbo its there!

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
You guys should really read that one preview I mentioned earlier in the DmC Theories thread...That tattoo really is Rebellion and it shines and summons Rebellion when he enters Limbo. It was in a preview. I don't remember which one, but I know I read it for sure.
Me too, Vezlid.
'scuse me while I find it.

GamesRadar said:
Dante emerges from the scraps dressed in tank top, jeans and boots, with a sword emerging from his body after his glyph tattoo glows brightly. The sky is blood red. He’s ready to fight.
It's on the third page.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
well nice catch vezlid, i guess this really is confirmed that the tattoo conceals rebellion within dante's body. sweet. :)

Dante47

I wonder where he got the tattoo, since I doubt there are demon tattoo parlors. Was he born with it, maybe? Then how come it looks like Rebellion? :/
I'm not sure, but it seems to heal his wounds, yet I see no accounts of him regenerating during gameplay.

Top Bottom