• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

READ THIS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
clairavance;187982 said:
Do you have it? I'd LOVE to get my hands on that novel! Any links or suggestions where I can go have a peek for it? Is it available on Amazon?
I'm not happy with Nero being Vergil's son. But at least he's not Dante's son, so that's got to count for something in my books!;)

Yeah, at least Nero is NOT Dante's child, but it's still very weird to me, too...

Here's where I read the summaries for the novels because they are only available in Japanese for the time being (and I don't read Japanese!).

http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.php

This page has a link to the summaries, and also has scans of the illustrations in each book. The person who wrote the summaries is not me, but uses the same username as me at that other DMC fansite. She gives a bit of a background on Bingo, the guy who wrote the novels, as he was the scenario designer for both DMC 3 & 4, but quit working for Capcom before he ever wrote these novels.

The books seem quite interesting, if you get past the fact that the other CaT completely HATES with a passion these novels, lol. :p I'd love to read them if they could only get published in English.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks for the link Cat :)

Warning: Reading this novel may be hazardous to your mind, body and soul.

Devil's Lair will not take responsibility for any trauma you may suffer.

Kgggmmhahahaha! I edited this because I am actually NOT getting this for christmas. The summary says it all. If it was fanfiction I'd have been, mmmmkay, interesting theories. But it's not fanfiction, and if it's the real deal they ought to put 'COMEDY' on the front cover as to not offend the fans. Because honestly. It sounds ridiculous.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
clairavance;187996 said:
Thanks for the link Cat :)

Kgggmmhahahaha! I edited this because I am actually NOT getting this for christmas. The summary says it all. If it was fanfiction I'd have been, mmmmkay, interesting theories. But it's not fanfiction, and if it's the real deal they ought to put 'COMEDY' on the front cover as to not offend the fans. Because honestly. It sounds ridiculous.

Yeah, I thought so, too! But, you never know because it seems Capcom really did mean for Nero to be Vergil's son.

I just hate the idea that Vergil EVER needed a prostitute! C'mon! He WAS VERGIL!!!! As if he couldn't pick up some chick in a bar...?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
u can't seriously be basing ur theory off a novel.....capcom has even said themselves that the novels are non-canon....how can u put so much trust into something that's been PROVEN false by the same people who authorized its publication?

Cat

Vergil-ologist
GamblingGambitCloud;188036 said:
u can't seriously be basing ur theory off a novel.....capcom has even said themselves that the novels are non-canon....how can u put so much trust into something that's been PROVEN false by the same people who authorized its publication?

I'm talking about the blog that this thread is dedicated to! According to THE BLOG, Capcom meant to make Vergil Nero's dad.

Besides, these new novels have yet to be denied nor confirmed as canon by Capcom. NEW NOVELS, not the old ones that have already been published in English.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i'm sure capcom won't make them canon...if they didn't make the old ones, WHICH HAD AMAZING STORY, they would no even consider making the new ones canon

Cat

Vergil-ologist
GamblingGambitCloud;188039 said:
i'm sure capcom won't make them canon...if they didn't make the old ones, WHICH HAD AMAZING STORY, they would no even consider making the new ones canon

From what I understand, the only reason they didn't make those older novels canon was because they contradict the games in some ways (I haven't read them, yet). So, it stands to reason with this logic, that they will make the DMC 4 novels canon as long as they don't contradict the games and other canon stuff. That doesn't mean they will, but this is a possible logic.

I'm just bracing for the worst because the worst is usually what happens in situations like these...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
clairavance;187982 said:
But at least he's not Dante's son, so that's got to count for something in my books!;)

Nero being Dante's son would have made a hell of a lot more sense than him being..well anything else. Dante said to Mundus
"when you do come back, give my regards to my son will ya"
Whether that was a joke or not one day Dante as the true heir to Sparda and his power is going to realise that as a part man he is not going to last forever and the underworld might. And introducing a young Sparda-like character into the series and saying that he isn't Dante's son is kind of pointless.

If someone is going to carry on after Dante I would much rather it was the son of Dante and not his nephew or magic apearing out of nowhere little brother or whatever. Dante as the stronger of the twins should pass his knowledge and power down to his own flesh and blood not some kid who might be related to him in some obscure way.

I mean isn't that why Sparda had Dante and Vergil? because he knew that his work had to continue after he died?

Sparda™

Well, Capcom itself doesn't make sense, for that matter.

Nero being Dante's son and appearing in a post-DMC2 scenario, yes. Not in these circumstances though.

The only way I see Nero related to Sparda is by being his son, thus the trio's little brother.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
(Perhaps the doujinshi are canon too.)

I agree with GGC.

It is possible that Sparda could've had a 'bit on the side' ya know...

Darth Angelo

Vergil'sB*tch;188072 said:
(Perhaps the doujinshi are canon too.)

I agree with GGC.

It is possible that Sparda could've had a 'bit on the side' ya know...

Aww poor Eva :(

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
either way....im not saying nero magically appeared...as stated in one of the above posts...and i'm not quite so sure that dante is most powerful of the twins...yeah he beat vergil in a few fights, but i believe he just got lucky in those...they seemed pretty evenly matched...vergil may be more powerful...remember, he didnt use a gun like dante did...and it seems dante had it so easy againtst nelo angelo was the fact that he was corrupted by mundus...as for dante passing everything to a son...it only makes more sense for nero to be son of sparda rather than dante....it's an easier way to carry on after dante considering the small age difference

Cat

Vergil-ologist
darth_angelo45;188063 said:
Nero being Dante's son would have made a hell of a lot more sense than him being..well anything else. Dante said to Mundus
"when you do come back, give my regards to my son will ya"

LOL! I love that joke! Dante is so funny in DMC 1. It took me a couple of times to figure out what he was joking about, but he's saying that Mundus will take SO long to ever come back to the human world, that he'll be fighting Dante's future, yet-to-be-conceived, son. Mundus kept talking about Sparda being Dante's father, so Dante was saying that he'd get to fight the grandson next time.

Mundus is just too losery to ever beat the Sparda-son family, no matter how many generations pass. That's Dante's joking insult...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree with Cat. It was meant as an insult, just banter. I don't think capcom meant to attach any strings to that, but I can see how people might read too much into it.

Darth Angelo

But Vergil has been proven as the weaker of the sons, why should his son be the next Sparda?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Weaker wouldn't breed stronger.

My example is has anyone played Soul reaver.
The weakest of the Vampires was called Melchiah. For him and his clan tro survive, they had to drink their victims blood and sew their victims skin onto themselves to sustain them. (the flesh would rot really quickly.)

Strong breeds weak, but not the other way round.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
only cuz i must contradict i must say that there are cases where weak breeds strong...like david banner being the father of bruce banner(aka the Hulk)...but as for the story,.....nero would not be a grandson of sparda...the son of sparda is more i like it...thats where his place should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom