• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

READ THIS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/carbo/b..._devil_may_cry_news_no_new_game_unfortunately

Captivate 2009 - Devil May Cry News (No New Game Unfortunately)
Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 05:46 PM GMT [General]

I know, I know, no new Devil May Cry game is major suckage. However, I did find out a couple of things...

1. One guy said that the reason for no new Devil May Cry title is that the franchsie doesn't fall in line with the western tactics Capcom are employing at this very moment in time.

2. Chris Kramer (I believe) mentioned that any news on a new Devil May Cry title may not arrive until next year at the earliest, simply because it's only been over a year since the last game's release.

3. Devil May Cry 4-wise, one of the localization employees I was talking to confirmed to me that Nero IS Vergil's son, and that this aspect was going to be implemented in to the game's plot. However, the decision was made not to, which could set up a good story for the future. I argued that it was cheesy, so we'll see what happens.

That's about it from me in regards to Captivate 09 news so enjoy!

---------------

---------------

Yeah, this blows, but the best part about this is that Nero is Vergil's son!!! I TOLD YOU GUYS! IM RIGHT!! IM ALWAYS ****ING RIGHT!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Esura

GamblingGambitCloud;183768 said:
wait a minute....someone from capcom actually told u Nero is Vergil's son?

Yes, from Capcom Unity website.

The link is in the OP.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
that will probably be revealed in the 5 game...but here is something....how do we know that wat u say is true Esura?...i don't mean to doubt u...but i'm kinda a "seeing is believing" sorta guy...

Esura

GamblingGambitCloud;183841 said:
that will probably be revealed in the 5 game...but here is something....how do we know that wat u say is true Esura?...i don't mean to doubt u...but i'm kinda a "seeing is believing" sorta guy...

Dude...I gave you a freaking LINK! C'mon now.

Nero being the son of Vergil was supposed to be added to 4 but they ran out of time and going by various sources on the Capcom Unity website, it'll prolly be added into 5 for sure.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
At least now I can put my mind to rest on knowing where Nero came from. Now I just want to see mommy O_O

Thanks for the link Esura! *bear hugs*

Esura

GamblingGambitCloud;183856 said:
that link just showed wat u typed up top there...thats why i asked...

Well it was supposed to. Its my source. I just copy and pasted the article on the post because I know some people dont like clicking links, but I also know that people want proof. Thats why I got the link of the article as well on the post.

MochaCub;183904 said:
At least now I can put my mind to rest on knowing where Nero came from. Now I just want to see mommy O_O

Thanks for the link Esura! *bear hugs*

*big bear hugs*

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Way to screw up established canon there Capcom.

I can't quite work out how Vergil would've had a kid, if it was before DMC3, he'd have been far too young, after DMC3 is impossible seeing as he had his ass handed to him by Mundus and was under his control for god knows how many years, up until DMC1, and even then, Dante handed Vergil's ass to him in that one too, destroying his body, meaning the best we could hope for was that Vergil was a spirit.

I find it hard to believe that Vergil could've had a kid as a spirit either, so unless Capcom plan on doing some major retconning to the series, then it just doesn't pan out.

I'd like to see if Capcom can infact implement this without destroying the established canon entirely.

Tramendium

Angelo Credo;183911 said:

I can't quite work out how Vergil would've had a kid, if it was before DMC3, he'd have been far too young, after DMC3 is impossible seeing as he had his ass handed to him by Mundus and was under his control for god knows how many years, up until DMC1, and even then, Dante handed Vergil's ass to him in that one too, destroying his body, meaning the best we could hope for was that Vergil was a spirit.

I find it hard to believe that Vergil could've had a kid as a spirit either, so unless Capcom plan on doing some major retconning to the series, then it just doesn't pan out.

I'd like to see if Capcom can infact implement this without destroying the established canon entirely.

Now that could be challenging a bit don't you agree, at one time we were under one sway of possibility and now we are strucked at another unexpected or even worse for some people around unwanted possibility that is only a matter of time before it became official, like i said in previous post its really mind-blowing away thing.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i think that whoever posted that article may be lying...there is no proof to that guy who made the article...i agree with Angelo....unless he did a demon while in hell right after DMC3 and before DMC1

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
If this is true, one of two things can happen.

Either Capcom have some genius loophole that we've all missed in the gaps between the games, or they;re about to entirely dick up the series and obliterate what the series has already established for the sake of one character who was laregly unwelcome to the series by a lot of DMC veterans.

Seeing as I'm a cynic and I'm doubtful of just about anything these days, I'm leaning towards the second option.

I'd also like to point out that Nero being Vergil's son is the most clichéd plot device Capcom could have possibly come up with.

Tramendium

Angelo Credo;183972 said:
If this is true, one of two things can happen.

Either Capcom have some genius loophole that we've all missed in the gaps between the games, or they;re about to entirely dick up the series and obliterate what the series has already established for the sake of one character who was laregly unwelcome to the series by a lot of DMC veterans.

Seeing as I'm a cynic and I'm doubtful of just about anything these days, I'm leaning towards the second option.

I'd also like to point out that Nero being Vergil's son is the most clichéd plot device Capcom could have possibly come up with.

Can you think of something else cause i too don't like that fact (rumor).

Esura

Angelo Credo;183911 said:

Well, Dante's and Vergil's age isnt really given out in game. We mostly just give educated guesses on it. Now some other outside novel or comic book may have said so but Capcom could easily say that it is not cannon like the Devil May Cry prequel comic that came after the original because it didnt flow with their prequel game, DMC3. And what DMC fans dont realize, the DMC story is ****ed up, plain and simple. Mainly because there is sooooo many varying loop holes in the story that isnt thoroughly went over and there is no depth in the plot, which means, Capcom could add alot of bogus shnit and long as it doesnt change a few key element, they can get away with it without retconning ANYTHING unlike the MGS series, where the storyline was very very detailed and consise and had to be retconned to add all these newer plot devices.

I'm just saying.

And it is quite feasible for Vergil to have a kid. No one knows where the hell he was prior to the Temen-ni-gru. He could of been getting his freak on! :cool: The DMC 3 graphic novel may elaborate on it a little, but like I said, Capcom can just say its not cannon like they did with the DMC graphic novel and it wont be retconning. Only th in game info typically count.

Why do they ****ing make these graphic novels anyway for games.

Tramendium

GamblingGambitCloud;183982 said:
i like the idea of Nero being another son of Sparda...not his freaking grandson

I like that idea too and yeah you are right in that one it is freaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom