• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OMFG they butchered DBZ!

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
OMG the Dragon Ball movie looks ass as hell. James Marsters as Piccolo? No Krillin? Goku in high school? Bulma without blue hair? DB is going to crash and burn.

I thought that this movie was being directed by Uwe Boll cause it looks ass as hell ( Uwe Boll is a freaking hack of a director ) but its not.

I'm sick to my stomach looking at pics of this movie. This looks worst than DMC Sins Remembered.

Thank you whoever directing DB movie, you single handedly effed up Dragon Ball's name!

Who thinks this movie looks butt?

Esura

BringerOfChaos;121840 said:
I've been haring about this on 4chan as of late, but I thought it was just a joke.

Dead serious.

Chow Yun Fat plays Master Roshi.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
I was a bit errr when I saw James Masters was going to play Piccolo, and I like the kid whose going to play Goku. But he looks ****. I really wasnt sure from the beginning whether this was going to be a good anime to play as a movie. But eh, speed racer worked :S

I wanted Vegeta and Trunks and stuff
The Piccolo costume looks alright tho :S

Tawsie

Give Me More...
There is a rumored trilogy.
Anyway, its directed by the same guy who did the Matrix, so the fight scenes should be alright.

Evil Nero

The guy who MADE Dragonball z is also directing so don't feel so crap about it!

out of all the things in the anime, it would be hard to get everything right.

plus the movie's about the original DB not DBZ.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Man I loved the Cell Saga! I got up everyday like it was actually happening and watched. Although it took FOREVER for anything to happen.

I wanna see Trunks and anyone go super saiyen :D

Sparda™

Tawsie;121874 said:
Anyway, its directed by the same guy who did the Matrix, so the fight scenes should be alright.

Wrong.

James Wong will be directing Dragon Ball. The Matrix was directed by the Wachowski brothers.

EDIT: First promotional image

553px-Goku_%26_Bulma_Dragonball.JPG

Justin Chatwin as Goku (left), with Emmy Rossum as Bulma (right).

Dark Drakan

Admin
Soon as i heard about this idea a few years ago i just shook my head and repeated 'no no no' about 50 times. A live action movie will just not work, it will make DBZ a laughing stock. People who have never watched the show will see the movie and have no idea what its about as they really cant explain everything in a 2 hour movie. So that means that it will probably only appeal to fans, im one of them and its not appealing to me... so who does that leave? :lol:

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I think that the movie will be similar to death note, is good if you are new to the series, but if your a fanboy, you cant stand it. I am on the fanboy side, so i hate the live-action movies lol. Just hope that they dont mess up as much on this movie

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I have no idea how many episodes it had taken for them to finally defeat Freeza when the event took place all in one day. No way they can do that in less than 2 hours... even if this is to be based on the events of DB, not DBZ. Honestly... I have no idea what to say as of now since I don't know much on it even when I look it up. When one poster said April 1st, I thought it was one big ol' april fools and I'm one not to take the internet srsly. As of now, this whole thing does seem like there really is going to be a movie. Oh man... oh god...

I've also heard rumors of a live action Akira and Cowboy Bebop movie in the works. Out of DB, and Akira, Cowboy Bebop would actually spark my interest of wanting to see it and the movie doing good. I can't picture me sitting in a theater with american actors screaming, "TETSUOOOOOOOO!!!" "KANEDAAAAA!!!"

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Well death note was only really half done in the movies, taking out the whole near/mello saga which is something alot of people didnt like, and the cliche in the ending. But it all depends on how they do it and what they cut out

Esura

I'm a HUGE DB/Z/GT fanboy!

And WHY THE HELL BULMA'S HAIR ISNT BLUE!? WHY IS SPIKE FROM BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER PLAYING PICCOLO, WHO IN THE MOVIE.......,ISNT GREEN!? WHY ISNT ROSHI BALD!? WHY!?

I swear to God the fighting better be like Volcano High or this movie can kiss my ASS!

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
You have only one solution.... Don't go see it. :< That's all I can suggest to save your sanity and fandom over the series. That's why I gave up on Twilight. Good lord that movie looks sinfully awful. Sucks I'll have to deal with the Edward fangirls during the X-mas season. Why did they have to push back the new HP movie? :<

Esura

VI-Rainbow;121997 said:
You have only one solution.... Don't go see it. :< That's all I can suggest to save your sanity and fandom over the series. That's why I gave up on Twilight. Good lord that movie looks sinfully awful. Sucks I'll have to deal with the Edward fangirls during the X-mas season. Why did they have to push back the new HP movie? :<

OMFG NOOOOOOO!! They pushed back Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince!? NOOOOOOO!

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
It's supposed to come out sometime early next year. I have no idea when. I can't find an exact date. Geez the trailer for it was amazing. I think Twilight will bomb. If it does, maybe they'll release HP in December. I guess since Harry Potter and Twilight are such popular book series, they may think it would make it difficult for either one to make the type of box office sales they want. :/ The acting in the Twilight looks more poor than what the DB movie could do.

After reading Breaking Dawn, when Twilight comes out in theaters I think I'll bring my own trash can and burn the book. Waste of my mom's money for a present for me. >:0

Top Bottom