• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

OG DMC Fans Blamed for Low DmC sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF9000000Returns

What was capcom expecting?

I mean, they change a character drastically and add in a whole new story and your bound to not do so well. Though I support the changes in Dante and in the story, and I feel that DmC 2 would do so much better than DmC.

I mean look at DMC4, that game didn't do so hot either. Did the "fans" ruin it as well, to be honest I have to say no. DMC was already wavering at that point, the interest being slightly lost. They expected for the fans to crazy and they didn't. Capcom needs to start setting realistic goals that can be realistically achieved, this isn't the direct sequel to DMC3. I hope to see a DmC in the future, much more cleverly marketed and with a realistic selling goal.

This is exactly what I've been saying throughout this entire time whenever somebody trashes DmC and wanted the original back. I know people didn't ask for DmC, but Capcom overheard the fans about wanting something new. Now they did it and then made the whole situation worse.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
This is exactly what I've been saying throughout this entire time whenever somebody trashes DmC and wanted the original back. I know people didn't ask for DmC, but Capcom overheard the fans about wanting something new. Now they did it and then made the whole situation worse.
I mean, its both the fans and Capcom's fault. Fans continue to grow about wanting something new, and when Capcom tried to give it to them they throw it back in their face. I mean, do fans still need the old Dante? As much as I love him, he's getting too tacky and outlandish, something that proved its self in DMC4. Wearing rodeo clown pants and acting like a teenager when your in your mid 40's, is not cool Capcom. They could have pulled the game off sooo much better, Dante could have been the same guy that we loved but a bit more mature. Its about time we see some change around here, and I'm proud to support DmC: Devil May Cry. I just hope that DmC: 2 does well.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I know people didn't ask for DmC, but Capcom overheard the fans about wanting something new. Now they did it and then made the whole situation worse.

Most fans wanted something new to be brought in, but still wanted it set in the original timeline and with the original Dante.

Maybe some newer and interesting characters added or brand new gameplay mechanics that help expand on the gameplay.

So you can see why a reboot what turn those fans off.

Dominus

Most fans wanted something new to be brought in, but still wanted it set in the original timeline and with the original Dante.

Maybe some newer and interesting characters added or brand new gameplay mechanics that help expand on the gameplay.

Yup like a Sparda prequel where you play as a full demon for once... I recall a lot of people around 2010 (before DmC reveal) couldn't wait for DMC5 to come out and take the king(queen) of action games away from Bayonetta. Hell you see that one fan video a DMC fan made where all the main DMC characters kill Bayonetta... I mean Itsuno resurrected and created the best DMC game (DMC3), so why are people quick to dismiss that they could make up for DMC4? In fact DMC3 made up for DMC2 so.... one could have hoped that DMC5 would try just as hard to make up for DMC4...

Nero.

I mean, its both the fans and Capcom's fault. Fans continue to grow about wanting something new, and when Capcom tried to give it to them they throw it back in their face. I mean, do fans still need the old Dante? As much as I love him, he's getting too tacky and outlandish, something that proved its self in DMC4. Wearing rodeo clown pants and acting like a teenager when your in your mid 40's, is not cool Capcom. They could have pulled the game off sooo much better, Dante could have been the same guy that we loved but a bit more mature. Its about time we see some change around here, and I'm proud to support DmC: Devil May Cry. I just hope that DmC: 2 does well.

Not my fault I didn't ask for this **** and I wasn't crying about wanting something new either and seriously I didn't hear any whining about the series in till Capcom brought it up.

Drake

Its Capcom and NT's fault. PR for this game was horrible, its was "If you don't like the game all you care about is his hair" that was the focus all everything for them and a lot of the supporters. Instead of trying to calm the blacklash that came with the e3 trailer, they feed it. Comments made from NT about the old Dante to articles from gaming sites that basically just called people "haters". It was a huge disater waiting to happen. Bad PR for the game is one of the reasons I didn't get the game. Why do you have to divide an entire community to sell a game.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
In fact DMC3 made up for DMC2 so.... one could have hoped that DMC5 would try just as hard to make up for DMC4...

I love the comparison lol.

And I completely agree.

Thats one of the main things people use when they say they don't want a DMC5 since it would most likely be just as bad as DMC4.

But all the while completely forgetting that DMC3 bounced back after the trainwreck that is DMC2 and is still regarded as one of the best in the series by a lot of fans.

So I totally have always thought that Capcom can learn from their mistakes and bounce back from DMC4 with DMC5.

All it would take is commitment to do so on their part.

GF9000000Returns

Nope, that still wouldn't help, IF it had the rehashed gameplay of DMC4, that is. You can change the story all you want, but people will get tired of the major things in the original games.

DMC4 Dante jumped the shark for me, ALONG with its story. That's what made me almost done with the original games in the first place (I still play DMC3 to compare the universe to DmC) Seriously, the only Dantes in the original that had feelings and development was the DMC3 and 1 Dante. Would you rather see the Dante who is just there for the cameras, or would you rather see Dante act like what a secondary protagonist should do. This is eactly why I like the DmC Dante the best out of all of the original Dantes, not just because he looks different, it's also because he has an emotional side in him and has development. I mean people wanna judge Dante cuz of one cutscene but the whole game proved that he's not really a douche bag as some think he is.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
A reboot isn't inherently a bad thing. Fans loved the reboot of Mortal Kombat

Well the obvious difference here is that the new Mortal Kombat actually kept the settings and characters from the original but changed the storyline.

Although the original storyline is present at the beginning.

So really its more of a alternate reality.

Nero.

No it wasn't. What are you talking about?:/
So did you read that article?
Well the obvious difference here is that the new Mortal Kombat actually kept the settings and characters from the original but changed the storyline.

Although the original storyline is present at the beginning.

So really its more of a alternate reality.
Reboot done right minus Lui Kang being a huge douche.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Well I wouldn't call him a "douche".

More like someone who got tired of his hero Raiden making stupid decisions while trying to prevent Armageddon.

He simply lost faith at the absolute wrong time since Raiden had actually figured out the real solution.

But this is getting offtopic lol.

Dominus

Lui Kang was boring anyway. I did like for the reboot how you got to play through all the tournaments in story mode (MK1-MK3U) that was well done (to quote Shao Khan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom