• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC at TGS??

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
6 years is a long time to not seem like they give a f**k. You do have fans, Capcom. Plus it shouldn't be that hard to work on your own story. If they cared enough they would plot it all out first.

I saw in a game magazine recently that it's a shame how DMC has been left all of these years. Hurry the **** up. We're all sick of waiting now.

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
I've replayed this series at least half a dozen times in the past six months or so between trophies and just playing for fun.

My body was so ready. :'(

Although, I think Capcom have a presentation of some sort tomorrow and DMC5 would be a hell of a note to end on. I still haven't entirely given up hope...

If anything, I'm sure Kdramastars will be kind enough to "confirm" it for next year's E3 or TGS. Maybe their source will even be some guy that's friends with a dude they know, since some site that apparently doesn't even exist isn't looking too reliable as a source right now.

I'll happily accept every ounce of egg on my face for making fun of them if the rumor turns out true.

Frazz

General gamer
I must profess that while it is a disappointment that we haven't heard of a DMC5 I think it was silly of us to believe that there would be an announcement... It hasn't been long enough since DmC to warrant news on the franchises future in my opinion. There is still one day left of TGS so I would be pleased if we had some indication as to the franchises future but I doubt we'll hear anything.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well i'm afraid DMC will go on the list "We-still-have-them-somewhere" franchises along with Dino Crisis and Onimusha.
Yeah, I think Capcom is thinking 'if it isn't mainstream popular, it's not popular enough'. DMC hasn't really been all that popular in the west. Hell, even fairly boring games (imo) like Assassin's Creed sell better. It's possible Capcom doesn't even want to continue making DMC, and that's the main reason for why Ninja Theory was offered a shot to reboot it. After all, Capcom has its own western branch, so I doubt they'd have trouble westernizing DMC. No need to call in NT.

All my hope lies in Kamiya or someone else who might want to take over DMC. Of course, Capcom is a large company, so maybe if the old team doesn't want to work on it, they can get another team to.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well we still have today so there is still hope and as long as something gets announced whether it be DMC5/DmC2 or crossover game between DMC/DmC or a crossover with another series we'll be alright.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Devil May Cry Dead. :'(
What is with the pessimism around here? It wasn't this bad after E3, why such a grimm outlook for TGS?

"Devil May Cry by 2015" my ass.
You know that's not how it is. That was made when they were mass producing games to make more money by producing quantity over quality.

If there is a DMC game in the works then it began production back when DmC was released or shortly there after. From this point Capcom must be waiting for the right time to let people know what the game will be like and when it when it will be out.
They should ask for fan input on the script, it might give them some great ideas.
That is a bit of a double edge. Not all fans have a knack for good storytelling or even standard for that matter. Hell, most people suck at it. Same goes for game design.

Top Bottom