• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC at TGS??

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Just a thread for those who are hopeful of a reveal at TGS this september. You guys think it's possible?

berto

I Saw the Devil
No. I've given up a while back. Even if it is announced I don't trust Capcom enough to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I don't even really want DMC5 to happen at this point, sure I'd love to see the fun Dante back along with the good & challenging gameplay, but I have a bad feeling that they're gonna throw in the sh*t gameplay from DmC with a Dante more like the original.

If the game doesn't ask me to switch to Easy after dying a few times, then they're doing it wrong.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sadly I don't see it's happening. Capcom probably wouldn't have guts to pull it :/

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know I think I have to retract my statement. As much as I'm bitter at how the franchise has been turning with the last two iterations, which is basicly the last 10 years, I think I'm still going to squeal at an announcement, if it happens.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
If they announce DMC5 and krep the original combat frim 4 and it is with dante as the main protagonist, i think i will sob with joy.

However if it was true, it would have had a propee leak with either images or a clip if so. I don't think it is to be honest , but if so then woohoo

The Final Offer

My votes on there being nothing at this year's TGS.

If they do bring a version of DMC back. I hope it's one with multiplayer.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If they announce DMC5 and krep the original combat frim 4 and it is with dante as the main protagonist, i think i will sob with joy.

However if it was true, it would have had a propee leak with either images or a clip if so. I don't think it is to be honest , but if so then woohoo
I would like to see moves and stuff 4 introduced with the combat control scheme and mechanics of DmC. DMC 4 just gets convoluted in its move list just for the sake of doing. And I really don't want to have to pick styles again. The hybrid of styles made things more fun and I like being able to perform different style techniques without cycling through stuff. I can follow stuff like prop shredder with rainstorm in an instant.

People just think DmC made no improvements whatsoever where I just say it did incorporate a much needed evolution with the combat system. Sure the overall difficulty of the game could be upped and I'd like more moves (especially the one where I can surf on enemies), but other than the issues I mentioned, it has a great foundation that deserves to be expanded upon. But trying telling that to the people who just think the originals did everything right. I love the originals has much as the next fan, but it is rather rose tinted.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My votes on there being nothing at this year's TGS.

If they do bring a version of DMC back. I hope it's one with multiplayer.
Multiplayer for a game that doesn't really need it is a rather slippery slope. I say the best kind of multiplayer element for something like Devil May Cry could be a "Mission Creator" mode. Let people make and share their own missions with the community. Also, since gaming is trying to incorporate a lot of social sharing features, being able to film and create combo tutorials specifically for Devil May Cry could really put that stuff in its favor. Incorporate the combo compilations these games produce in to the game itself.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If it had DmC's combat it wouldn't really be a continuation of the original in a sense.
Why do you say that? Continuing the original is continuing that particular incarnation. I'm just saying DmC did help fix some issues and definitely set things the originals could definitely learn from. Even if a hypothetical DMC 5 should come out, it shouldn't completely forget what DmC accomplished because ignoring it entirely is setting the entire franchise back.

I don't want to play another DMC 3 and 4. As much as I still love playing the originals like DMC 1 and 3. (I was playing DMC 3 again yesterday) you see things the older games do things that definitely don't age well. Outdated game design and mechanics. So taking the best stuff from both worlds, regardless of what incarnation, is just the best for the series as a whole. Get what I'm saying?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DmC should keep it's own system for DmC2. DMC should have it's own established system, especially since there is enough place for growth. Repaint DmC into DMC and put 5 behind it, makes no sense whatsoever.

The Final Offer

Multiplayer for a game that doesn't really need it is a rather slippery slope. I say the best kind of multiplayer element for something like Devil May Cry could be a "Mission Creator" mode. Let people make and share their own missions with the community. Also, since gaming is trying to incorporate a lot of social sharing features, being able to film and create combo tutorials specifically for Devil May Cry could really put that stuff in its favor. Incorporate the combo compilations these games produce in to the game itself.

That's right. It is a slippery slope and if done right it will invite other hack and slashers to try.

If any hack and slasher is to take any step forward, it should be DMC. DmC already has it's own established path and it's working fine.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DmC should keep it's own system for DmC2. DMC should have it's own established system, especially since there is enough place for growth. Repaint DmC into DMC and put 5 behind it, makes no sense whatsoever.
That's not what I said. Shush.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I said they should take the best from both words and benefit the franchise as a whole. You just completely ignored that and accused me of saying "it should be DmC all over again".

So yes, hush up if you're not gonna say anything useful.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
you said they should build upon DmC combat system. Which makes no sense because than it would be DmC2 and not DMC. " it has a great foundation that deserves to be expanded upon". Combat in DmC and DMC is different enough to separate them in different game incarnations.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Look, your distaste for DmC and how jarring you think it is compared to the rest of the franchise is your friggen problem. It's still a Devil May Cry game.

Still something that improved on things wrong with the originals. I remember reading up a lot of stuff in DmC was going to get introduced in stuff as early as DMC 3. Pretty sure you can find that if you Google.

Both incarnations can learn from one another to benefit each other and improve. DmC introduced a good foundation to the mechanics but could use DMC's influence when it comes to the actual fighting and difficulty.

Quit twisting my goddamn words around.

Top Bottom