• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Next DMC at TGS??

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
Of course they aren't going to say or present anything about DMC or DmC. They have no idea what to do with the franchise, and I'd be very worried if they suddenly came up with a concept for DMC5 or DmC2. They shouldn't rush it, and I'm sure they have more important things to work on. I haven't seen DMC on any list, either. I'm pretty sure a list of all the games scheduled for TGS was already published quite a while ago.

Well, they announced DMC4 nearly three years before it actually came out... Just sayin'...

I don't even need gameplay or a specific concept or anything. I just want a confirmation.

Like:

*cheesy organ music plays*
*camera pans over a montage of Dante's weapons from previous games sitting in his office*
*music dies/fade to black*

"After all these years you still miss me, huh? Well, then... LET'S ROCK!"

*BOOM! DANTE APPEARS WITH CHEESY METAL RIFF!*

*EXPLOSION!*

*DMC5 LOGO!*

*OUT NEXT MONTH! WE'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT IN SECRET ALL ALONG!*

Okay, maybe that last part can be optional.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, they announced DMC4 nearly three years before it actually came out... Just sayin'...
Yeah, but back then, they weren't completely unsure of what to do with the Devil May Cry franchise. They had just completed DMC3 and were pretty much on a roll. Now that DmC failed and Nero didn't make much sense, I think they need more time to work on it and announce it. So these cases are not comparable.

I guess if they're not working on DMC5 yet, I would be okay with the announcement. But if they are already working on it, I fear for DMC's future.

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
Why do you think they have no idea of what to do? It's been six years since DMC4. That's a lot of time to think.

Hideaki Itsuno, who would probably be brought back for DMC5, even said he wanted to make DMC5 late last year, so it's clear that it's not just going to come up out of the blue if it's announced in the next few days.

And I hope they are already working on it because the sooner they start, the more time they get for deliberations, trial and error, seeing what works and what doesn't, and then proceeding with what's best for the game. Development doesn't mean setting the first thing you can think of in stone.

I just hope Capcom allows them to delay the game if necessary, like what was done with DmC, rather than rush it like DMC4.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Why do you think they have no idea of what to do? It's been six years since DMC4. That's a lot of time to think.

Hideaki Itsuno, who would probably be brought back for DMC5, even said he wanted to make DMC5 late last year, so it's clear that it's not just going to come up out of the blue if it's announced in the next few days.

And I hope they are already working on it because the sooner they start, the more time they get for deliberations, trial and error, seeing what works and what doesn't, and then proceeding with what's best for the game. Development doesn't mean setting the first thing you can think of in stone.

I just hope Capcom allows them to delay the game if necessary, like what was done with DmC, rather than rush it like DMC4.
It doesn't just have do with DMC4. It's been one year since DmC. It did not work out for them, so now they need to figure out what to do next. I certainly don't expect them to come up with a concept for DMC5 so soon, or even an announcement. Hideaki Itsuno has said he wants to do all kinds of games again. It wasn't a statement that he has already started on it, it's a statement that *he would like to someday*. It was just a crowd-pleaser statement, probably.

No, it would be wrong for them to already be working on it. They have no idea what to do with DMC, and rushing it by throwing out all kinds of ideas is not the way to go. Video games have deadlines, and if they start work now, they need to be absolutely sure of what they're doing. We all know Capcom will accept the first lackluster story idea that hits their table. They're easily impressed and don't really care about better ideas.

The way they handled Resident Evil and their constant insistence that RE6 would return to the roots (look how that turned out) indicates that they have no idea what they're doing. They didn't know what they were doing with RE6, so I doubt they know how to create a good new Devil May Cry title - especially after how DmC flopped.

But yeah, I agree on that last part.

Last edited:

The Final Offer

It doesn't just have do with DMC4. It's been one year since DmC. It did not work out for them, so now they need to figure out what to do next. I certainly don't expect them to come up with a concept for DMC5 so soon, or even an announcement. Hideaki Itsuno has said he wants to do all kinds of games again. It wasn't a statement that he has already started on it, it's a statement that *he would like to someday*. It was just a crowd-pleaser statement, probably.

No, it would be wrong for them to already be working on it. They have no idea what to do with DMC, and rushing it by throwing out all kinds of ideas is not the way to go. Video games have deadlines, and if they start work now, they need to be absolutely sure of what they're doing. We all know Capcom will accept the first lackluster story idea that hits their table. They're easily impressed and don't really care about better ideas.

The way they handled Resident Evil and their constant insistence that RE6 would return to the roots (look how that turned out) indicates that they have no idea what they're doing. They didn't know what they were doing with RE6, so I doubt they know how to create a good new Devil May Cry title - especially after how DmC flopped.

But yeah, I agree on that last part.

You just talk and talk about nothing. You don't know what Capcom has going on or what they have planned. You don't know what Capcom is ready for. You don't know ****, so quit pretending like you do.

Capcom has already stated that they are pushing for more Devil May Cry in 2015. In other words, they've already thought up and have planned for Devil May Cry. 2.5 year gap in between games. DmC was a special case so it took longer.

So, the hype is real.

Last edited:

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
I hate to say it, but I wouldn't get too caught up in the "new Devil May Cry in 2015" comment. For one, they said that before DmC (unless I'm mistaken) so I think they were planning on NT developing it and it would've probably been a DmC sequel, and both of those things seem somewhat unlikely. If anything, it probably won't happen in the same capacity that was originally planned for.

But even if it's DMC5 and slated for 2016/2017, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were announced in the next few days because DMC4 was announced nearly three years before release. DmC was announced in late 2010 and didn't release until early 2013.

It's been about 18 months since DmC too, so even if we're looking at a sequel to that, or if DmC's development somehow completely made everyone at Capcom stop thinking about DMC5, they've had 18 months to think about Devil May Cry's future.

I'm not saying there will definitely be an announcement at TGS, but I just see nothing stopping it. If it isn't announced, I think it'll purely be because Capcom doesn't want to not because they can't, if you know what I mean.

The Final Offer

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't get too caught up in the "new Devil May Cry in 2015" comment. For one, they said that before DmC (unless I'm mistaken) so I think they were planning on NT developing it and it would've probably been a DmC sequel, and both of those things seem somewhat unlikely. If anything, it probably won't happen in the same capacity that was originally planned for.

But even if it's DMC5 and slated for 2016/2017, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were announced in the next few days because DMC4 was announced nearly three years before release. DmC was announced in late 2010 and didn't release until early 2013.

It's been about 18 months since DmC too, so even if we're looking at a sequel to that, or if DmC's development somehow completely made everyone at Capcom stop thinking about DMC5, they've had 18 months to think about Devil May Cry's future.

I'm not saying there will definitely be an announcement at TGS, but I just see nothing stopping it. If it isn't announced, I think it'll purely be because Capcom doesn't want to not because they can't, if you know what I mean.

It's not getting caught up in the comment. It's more like demolishing someone's statement by revealing that Capcom knows what they're doing.

Wouldn't be surprised if DMC 5 is already in development before DmC even hit the shelves. Only reason I say that is because of the amount of involvement Capcom had with DmC was minimalistic. As if, they were working on another game for the franchise at the time. No telling. Everything's in secrecy.

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
That would've defeated the purpose of DmC though.

I really think Capcom would've waited to see how well DmC sold and was received before putting their resources into effectively cancelling a sequel.

I mean, Capcom's kinda wacky, so maybe they would do that, but it wouldn't make any sense unless they plan for both continuities to coincide with one another, which is possible, I guess.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was

I really think Capcom would've waited to see how well DmC sold and was received before putting their resources into effectively cancelling a sequel.

I mean, Capcom's kinda wacky, so maybe they would do that, but it wouldn't make any sense unless they plan for both continuities to coincide with one another, which is possible, I guess.

I'd like both continuities to be with each other, but if we get any more DMC games, the classic continuity might win out.

The Final Offer

Yeah. Capcom knows the numbers of DMC, but at that time, they didn't know the numbers of DmC. Those are two separate things. Just like Megaman, Megaman X, and Megaman Legends. Each have their own sales projections and fanbases. Believe it or not.

Top Bottom