• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Vergil or Devil May Cry 3 Vergil?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
so it's nonsense because you lack basic comprehension or because of your hypocrite double standards?
*deep breath* I'd be banned in a heartbeat if I stopped being tame and just got super mean. The way you talk, you know you would have been decked a long time ago. Multiple people in this thread have proved you wrong. But ok, sit there ignoring what people have to say and call us stupid. Everyone knows who the real fool is.

This isn't even about a f#cking video game anymore. It's just you ruining every thread you ever pop in to offering nothing to a discussion but being the pompous, pretentious, and idiotic asshole everyone despises.

I never thought we'd have a person worse than IncarnatedDemon. And she tried to "scientifically prove" how me thinking Dante's red headed mom from DmC was cuter than the original was wrong. Because having a thing for red heads and personal preference for darker hair girls is just not right.

Even others who hate DmC as much as you don't agree with most of the BS you talk about. What does that tell you? Everyone tore down your arguments and you freaking ignore it! That doesn't make you right! It's the equivalent of a little kid plugging his ears going "LALALALALALA" because he thinks he's right about everything.

It's true what Frost said, everything was fine until you showed up. The rest of us can have pretty normal discussions about it. You just come in assuming we hate the originals and are nothing more that an angry, stubborn, and delusional fanboy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
This isn't even about a f#cking video game anymore. It's just you ruining every thread you ever pop in to offering nothing to a discussion but being the pompous, pretentious, and idiotic asshole everyone despises.

I never thought we'd have a person worse than IncarnatedDemon. And she tried to "scientifically prove" how me thinking Dante's red headed mom from DmC was cuter than the original was wrong. Because having a thing for red heads and personal preference for darker hair girls is just not right.

Even others who hate DmC as much as you don't agree with most of the BS you talk about. What does that tell you? Everyone tore down your arguments and you freaking ignore it! That doesn't make you right! It's the equivalent of a little kid plugging his ears going "LALALALALALA" because he thinks he's right about everything.

It's true what Frost said, everything was fine until you showed up. The rest of us can have pretty normal discussions about it. You just come in assuming we hate the originals and are nothing more that an angry, stubborn, and delusional fanboy. Nothing more, nothing less.
the hypocrisy is real

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
*deep breath* I'd be banned in a heartbeat if I stopped being tame and just got super mean. The way you talk, you know you would have been decked a long time ago. Multiple people in this thread have proved you wrong. But ok, sit there ignoring what people have to say and call us stupid. Everyone knows who the real fool is.

Once I straightforward pointed your hypocrisy, when you defend one reboot, but bash others that you don't like, you preferred to run like a chicken and hide yourself. I never read about something I don't know about, it's your art to handle. You just write what you think and consider it's a fact, and once you pointed out to it, you just start sweary tantrum like in kindergarten, which pretty much tells me everything i need to know about your intelligence.. And as for Frost and likes of him, I clearly remember how he ran all around forum trolling others, and only on my memory he received multiple notifications about him. So this is normal conversation to you? (well, figures) So yeah, while I'm not gonna curl in ball and listen to your fanboysh trolling doesn't means it's nonsense.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Once I straightforward pointed your hypocrisy, when you defend one reboot, but bash others that you don't like, you preferred to run like a chicken and hide yourself. I never read about something I don't know about, it's your art to handle. You just write what you think and consider it's a fact, and once you pointed out to it, you just start sweary tantrum like in kindergarten, which pretty much tells me everything i need to know about your intelligence.. And as for Frost and likes of him, I clearly remember how he ran all around forum trolling others, and only on my memory he received multiple notifications about him. So this is normal conversation to you? (well, figures) So yeah, while I'm not gonna curl in ball and listen to your fanboysh trolling doesn't means it's nonsense.
Let me ask you something, what does context mean? Look it up dingus and understand that because then you understand that I was never being a hypocrite when it came to talking about DmC and other reboots out there in different threads. Words mean things. You're the one who needs to brush up on your reading comprehension you pretentious jerk. You don't even know how to freaking use proper grammar for the most part.

I'm not being as nice with my words simply because you're ticking me off acting like you know everything but believe me, you ain't seen nothing. I'm just gonna not roll over like a b!tch and let you call me stupid because I'm not. I know what I say and know how to back up any claim I have unlike you who completely f#cking ignores definitions and all the evidence people throw at you and expect to pass your babbling off like it's the f#cking gospel.

Again, EVERYONE in the thread proved you wrong. You lost yet you keep on. We tore down your counter arguments and it's ironic because you are everything you just described. Simply disagreeing and bringing counter arguments is not trolling. You however are a childish and stubborn fanboy that trolls in a passive aggressive manner. And don't say you don't. Please, you just can't walk away from any DmC discussion. You pop your wee little head in and usually try to instigate something all the freaking time. All you people part of the fandumb do. Man, it's a goddamn video game. I know we care about this stuff more than most but know when to draw the line and grow the eff up.

You're a little baby crying about a reboot no one is forcing you to like or even play (which we all know you didn't because Final Offer pointed out all the inconsistencies) and that's it. Like what you like, I don't care but leave everyone else alone and quit being a goddamn jerk.

And yea, we can have simple and normal conversations. Some friends of mine on here don't dig DmC at all but, we don't go at each other's throats for the differing opinions. We can discuss it all casually. You come in and it's either they are with you or against you. You already pretty much chalked up everyone who enjoys DmC as a hater of the originals. Sure, that's what we are. We go through so much trouble to just pretend we like something we're apart of. Makes total sense because "logic".

I mean, it's not like people can just have fun with a certain video game. Pffft that's unheard of. What the hell do they know? You can't have fun with DmC. You can only enjoy the original games. :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I bother. You'll still ignore the rest of us and think you're all high and f#cking mighty here. Not like a blinded, delusional, pretentious, and pompous fanboy will ever understand any sort of rational reason.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Let me ask you something, what does context mean? Look it up dingus and understand that because then you understand that I was never being a hypocrite when it came to talking about DmC and other reboots out there in different threads. Words mean things. You're the one who needs to brush up on your reading comprehension you pretentious jerk. You don't even know how to freaking use proper grammar for the most part.

I'm not being as nice with my words simply because you're ticking me off acting like you know everything but believe me, you ain't seen nothing. I'm just gonna not roll over like a b!tch and let you call me stupid because I'm not. I know what I say and know how to back up any claim I have unlike you who completely f#cking ignores definitions and all the evidence people throw at you and expect to pass your babbling off like it's the f#cking gospel.

Again, EVERYONE in the thread proved you wrong. You lost yet you keep on. We tore down your counter arguments and it's ironic because you are everything you just described. Simply disagreeing and bringing counter arguments is not trolling. You however are a childish and stubborn fanboy that trolls in a passive aggressive manner. And don't say you don't. Please, you just can't walk away from any DmC discussion. You pop your wee little head in and usually try to instigate something all the freaking time. All you people part of the fandumb do. Man, it's a goddamn video game. I know we care about this stuff more than most but know when to draw the line and grow the eff up.

You're a little baby crying about a reboot no one is forcing you to like or even play (which we all know you didn't because Final Offer pointed out all the inconsistencies) and that's it. Like what you like, I don't care but leave everyone else alone and quit being a goddamn jerk.

And yea, we can have simple and normal conversations. Some friends of mine on here don't dig DmC at all but, we don't go at each other's throats for the differing opinions. We can discuss it all casually. You come in and it's either they are with you or against you. You already pretty much chalked up everyone who enjoys DmC as a hater of the originals. Sure, that's what we are. We go through so much trouble to just pretend we like something we're apart of. Makes total sense because "logic".

I mean, it's not like people can just have fun with a certain video game. Pffft that's unheard of. What the hell do they know? You can't have fun with DmC. You can only enjoy the original games. :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I bother. You'll still ignore the rest of us and think you're all high and f#cking mighty here. Not like a blinded, delusional, pretentious, and pompous fanboy will ever understand any sort of rational reason.
I don't know where do you come, but acting as jerky, pigheaded kid will get you nowhere. I don't care if people have fun with a game. They can have fun with whatever they want. I see no problem with it. I also not the one who usually jumps on someone's back because he thinks others me, I debate not to troll but only when I genuinely disagree with somebody, but of course it looks like trolling to you because it rubs you the wrong way.. I didn't label anyone who likes DmC hater, like you said, I also don't consider haters those who just enjoy or like game. Between my pals most like DmC, and I don't argue with this, it's freaking stupid to argue who likes what.
But likes of you and Frost certainly belongs into hater category, not because you like DmC, but because you actually take your sweet time for trolling original game on every occasion. Certainly it's very convenient to accuse someone of trolling when you act as underaged troll yourself.
If i tick you that much, just add me to ignore list, I certainly don't care what you think. In the end it appears that you just painted portrait of yourself and attempts to slap it on everyone who disagrees with you.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
But likes of you and Frost certainly belongs into hater category, not because you like DmC, but because you actually take your sweet time for trolling original game on every occasion. Certainly it's very convenient to accuse someone of trolling when you act as underaged troll yourself.
If people are leveling any kind of disdain or criticism to the original games, they're entitled to do so...because it's their opinion. The same logic can be applied to you when you discuss your issues and criticisms about DmC. That isn't trolling...that's expressing one's opinion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But likes of you and Frost certainly belongs into hater category, not because you like DmC, but because you actually take your sweet time for trolling original game on every occasion.

The grand humor in this is that both Chance and Frosty both like the classic series. DMC1 is Chancey's favorite and DMC3 is Frosty's (and mine). Is it so impossible for you to understand that people can like something and still criticize it for its less-than-stellar points?

If people are leveling any kind of disdain or criticism to the original games, they're entitled to do so...because it's their opinion. The same logic can be applied to you when you discuss your issues and criticisms about DmC. That isn't trolling...that's expressing one's opinion.

The problem is the opinions being tossed about as fact, or that are misinformed, which become scrutinized, only to be met with no real discussion or concession, but instead strawmanning :/

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The grand humor in this is that both Chance and Frosty both like the classic series. DMC1 is Chancey's favorite and DMC3 is Frosty's (and mine). Is it so impossible for you to understand that people can like something and still criticize it for its less-than-stellar points?
Apparently not. You can't point out the things you didn't like to people who love those same things with an almost irrational passion. They'll just call you out no matter how constructive you try to be...even if you're pulling points straight from the source.
The problem is the opinions being tossed about as fact, or that are misinformed, which become scrutinized, only to be met with no real discussion or concession, but instead strawmanning :/
True enough. I try my hardest to support my points from legitimate facts and lore from the games. Most of the things I complain about are inconsistencies. If I ever complain about quality or style, then it's safe to say that it's just my humble opinion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well that's ironic, because when they do it it's called "criticism" when I just say what I don't like about DmC is called "trolling". This is something I just seen yesterday posted by Chancey:

"Dante returns but is a little washed up and rugged after not being in the limelight for some time. He's gained some weight from eating too much pizza. However he is called to action once more when he finds out Trish has been killed in a freak demonic fisting orgy accident.
Dante seeks to get revenge on Trish's killer but on the way meets a man that goes by the name of Damian who Dante falls in love with. He then forgets about Trish's killer thinking that chick deserved it anyway and the entire game is planning Dante's wedding with Damian and the demons who try to crash it.

Game of The Year
11/10"

Does this looks like criticism to you? It's straightforward trolling.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
:/
Yeah, and i'm biggest fan of DmC, I just criticize it for it's weak sides.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Apparently not. You can't point out the things you didn't like to people who love those same things with an almost irrational passion. They'll just call you out no matter how constructive you try to be...even if you're pulling points straight from the source.

True enough. I try my hardest to support my points from legitimate facts and lore from the games. Most of the things I complain about are inconsistencies. If I ever complain about quality or style, then it's safe to say that it's just my humble opinion.

As have I. Although there are some things that, just based on design, go beyond the realm of a personal thing and into a nearly tried and true fact. It goes from personal opinion to agreeing with an established fact about whatever the concept may be. Like orange juice after brushing your teeth...bleeeeeh.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well that's ironic, because when they do it it's called "criticism" when I just say what I don't like about DmC is called "trolling". This is something I just seen yesterday posted by Chancey:

"Dante returns but is a little washed up and rugged after not being in the limelight for some time. He's gained some weight from eating too much pizza. However he is called to action once more when he finds out Trish has been killed in a freak demonic fisting orgy accident.
Dante seeks to get revenge on Trish's killer but on the way meets a man that goes by the name of Damian who Dante falls in love with. He then forgets about Trish's killer thinking that chick deserved it anyway and the entire game is planning Dante's wedding with Damian and the demons who try to crash it.

Game of The Year
11/10"

Does this looks like criticism to you? It's straightforward trolling.

That's what people with a sense of humor tend to call a joke.

Yeah, and i'm biggest fan of DmC, I just criticize it for it's weak sides.

Oh ho hooo~ The sarcasm~ Say what you want, but you're way off base with this point. Seriously, tell me if you can actually understand the concept of being able to criticize something you also enjoy. We've all done it, I even have to DmC, but you seem to think we blast the classics and praise DmC as some infallible piece of work.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Well, to be fair, I did see some people make sarcastic and annoying comments about DMC in like every thread they came across... and then called it 'criticism' when it was obviously meant to incite hatred or even flaming. When it was meant to **** off the people who liked the DMCs.
All the while DmC got almost no flak... and as soon as people criticized it at length, they were called 'haters'. Why? Because ''they didn't like DmC anyway, therefore their opinions were invalid'' and ''you're one of those people who hates DmC because Dante doesn't have white hair'' and blah blah blah. It almost always devolves into 'my Devil May Cry is better than yours'... and people try to discredit the other side by making personal attacks. This goes for both sides, but it came mainly from the pro DmC side... probably because they were bummed out that DmC got ripped on by DMC fans, so they wanted to vent.

I don't know what's going on here anymore (not gonna read 14 pages, lol). But if this is still about new Vergil being better than old Vergil or something, just stop. Both versions of Vergil hold different value to different people. New Vergil isn't necessarily a better character and yelling that he is... well it isn't helping.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Well for somebody with amoeba intelligence it's probably funny.

Oh ho hooo~ The sarcasm~ Say what you want, but you're way off base with this point. Seriously, tell me if you can actually understand the concept of being able to criticize something you also enjoy. We've all done it, I even have to DmC, but you seem to think we blast the classics and praise DmC as some infallible piece of work.
Lol if what you wrote about DmC can even be regarded as critic, since you know, you cared to write after every single point "oh, but that's just me, objectively it's completely fine"
As have I. Although there are some things that, just based on design, go beyond the realm of a personal thing and into a nearly tried and true fact. It goes from personal opinion to agreeing with an established fact about whatever the concept may be. Like orange juice after brushing your teeth...bleeeeeh.
So you think design is something ultimate and objective? ...lol

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I think his point was that Chancey was ripping on DMC4 in that post, and being unnecessarily hurtful and annoying about it. Sure it was a joke, but just because you wrap an insult in a 'joke packaging' doesn't magically make it all right. And that comment wasn't criticism because it didn't actually go into anything in detail. All that joke basically says is ''DMC4 was ridiculous and stupid, and now I'm making up a joke to illustrate how stupid it was''... only the joke doesn't come close to what the actual game was like.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, to be fair, I did see some people make sarcastic and annoying comments about DMC in like every thread they came across... and then called it 'criticism' when it was obviously meant to incite hatred or even flaming. All the while DmC got almost no flak... and as soon as people criticized it at length, they were called 'haters'. Why? Because ''they didn't like DmC anyway, therefore their opinions were invalid'' and ''you're one of those people who hates DmC because Dante doesn't have white hair'' and blah blah blah. It almost always devolves into 'my Devil May Cry is better than yours'... and people try to discredit the other side by making personal attacks. This goes for both sides, but it came mainly from the pro DmC side... probably because they were bummed out that DmC got bad press and reception, so they wanted to vent.

That was something in the past yeah. A lot of DmC fans became very gunshy because after finding a nice, mostly civil place like this, their thoughts called into question created some rough overreactions at times. However, many things have mellowed out, especially here. I only came in from about the last year or so before DmC's release, but things had been considerably better than anywhere else on the 'net.

However, there was still quite a few random people that would jump on here and just stir up sh!t, but we've gotten better with dealing with it. I can't remember a recent time where one of the classics was unduly trashed for little reason as flamebait. Well, there's Frosty's remarks, but he lays it on pretty darn thick, and if anyone actually falls for it, it's...sort of their own fault.

As it stands, ad hominem and strawman fallacies are all that really remain a lot of the time, which cause enough problems. Otherwise the discourse has been pretty decent.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
That was something in the past yeah. A lot of DmC fans became very gunshy because after finding a nice, mostly civil place like this, their thoughts called into question created some rough overreactions at times. However, many things have mellowed out, especially here. I only came in from about the last year or so before DmC's release, but things had been considerably better than anywhere else on the 'net.

However, there was still quite a few random people that would jump on here and just stir up sh!t, but we've gotten better with dealing with it. I can't remember a recent time where one of the classics was unduly trashed for little reason as flamebait. Well, there's Frosty's remarks, but he lays it on pretty darn thick, and if anyone actually falls for it, it's...sort of their own fault.

As it stands, ad hominem and strawman fallacies are all that really remain a lot of the time, which cause enough problems. Otherwise the discourse has been pretty decent.
Well, I dunno. Like I said, coating an insult in a joke jacket doesn't make it all right. I saw Frostmourne make some purposely flaming comments before, outright insulting people and using ''fine print'' to stealthily insult some more. Call it trolling, I guess... but trolling isn't always a benign thing. Seems alright for the most part... most part... huh, sounds weird.
But yeah I agree, I haven't seen much hate toward any ''side'', and I'd like to hope that there are no sides anymore.

Top Bottom