• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Kishido

Hunter
H02Ma1J.gif

SimoneSloe

May - the speculation - begin.

muy7hy.png

j8jr53.png

2m4c8s7.png

This teaser suggests a story in its own right for Vergil , I hope .. maybe the story will be placed before DMC4 after the battle against Dante , or after DMC 4 , in which wants to claim Yamato ! a battle against Nero , and maybe eventually find out that Nero is the son of Vergil ..... and if so .... BOOOOOOOM ! Ahahahahahahaha

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know that another thought that cropped up in my mind was something that people were mentioning not that long ago was 'When is DMC 4:SE going to be set?'.

And @Viper came up with some assumptions with others recently about the attack in Mitis Forest. Which would of taken place before DMC 4.

Now, you could speculate that this (DMC4:SE) is set before DMC 4, and possibly sets up what happened in Mitis Forest. Vergil most likely being the cause for the demon attack.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Vergil most likely being the cause for the demon attack.
A very apt observation, Watson. :sneaky:

If Vergil helped bring Temen-ni-gru off the ground, then this is him walking away from the attack on Mitis Forest after it backfired on him. That might be a likely explanation.

Last edited:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
You know that another thought that cropped up in my mind was something that people were mentioning not that long ago was 'When is DMC 4:SE going to be set?'.

And @Viper came up with some assumptions with others recently about the attack in Mitis Forest. Which would of taken place before DMC 4.

Now, you could speculate that this (DMC4:SE) is set before DMC 4, and possibly sets up what happened in Mitis Forest. Vergil most likely being the cause for the demon attack.
Maybe Nero was injured(or his arm was torn off) by Demons, and Vergil who was watching over him and saw the incident cut off his own arm and gave it to Nero. Thus giving him his power to wield Yamato! That way he could watch over him even after death. Maybe thats why hes wearing the cloak... because he only has one arm maybe...? That would be pretty neat. :angel:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe Nero was injured(or his arm was torn off) by Demons, and Vergil who was watching over him and saw the incident cut off his own arm and gave it to Nero.
So... Vergil only has one eye in DT form... and one arm in human form.

LightFromTheDemonBlade.jpg

Which means he traded his eye for a stable arm whenever he DTs.

That would explain why he was holding the cloak with one hand only. It would also explain his inherent shame! :eek:

He saw his son Nero being attacked in Mitis Forest, then took pity on him and gave Nero his arm when he saw that Nero's shoulder was scratched.

It was infected, which means that it was going to fall off because Nero is 3/4's human.

Nero woke up with a new arm, then the arm transformed in one second all of a sudden without any other effect (according to Deadly Fortune).

Viper

Premium
Maybe Nero was injured(or his arm was torn off) by Demons, and Vergil who was watching over him and saw the incident cut off his own arm and gave it to Nero. Thus giving him his power to wield Yamato! That way he could watch over him even after death. Maybe thats why hes wearing the cloak... because he only has one arm maybe...? That would be pretty neat. :angel:
Ehh, umm, an arm is not something like a coat that you can just give away. If Vergil saw Nero being seriously injured, he would more likely rescue him and keep him somewhere safe till he first tries other, less drastic, methods of fixing damage.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
More than likely. The novel had a very specific sequence of events, which a lot of people here totally misinterpreted, where it was Nero's mother who dropped him off.

Maybe it is my faulty memory, I always assume it was Vergil who left Nero in the orphanage, sometime before the beginning of DMC3. I remember someone told me Vergil was seen in Fortuna with a white haired baby in his arms.

Viper

Premium
Maybe it is my faulty memory, I always assume it was Vergil who left Nero in the orphanage, sometime before the beginning of DMC3. I remember someone told me Vergil was seen in Fortuna with a white haired baby in his arms.
Vergil was seen in Fortuna, according to the novel, but he was seen alone in Sparda's old bedroom by Sanctus who had to stay there per customs, since he was just appointed leader.
Later on Sanctus speculated Nero was Vergil's since he was found approximately nine months after Vergil's visit and the kid had white hair.
Who really left baby Nero to be found was never really hinted.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So the "prostitute" theory is still viable?Well , we still have Alice too.Good Lord!

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Ehh, umm, an arm is not something like a coat that you can just give away. If Vergil saw Nero being seriously injured, he would more likely rescue him and keep him somewhere safe till he first tries other, less drastic, methods of fixing damage.
Yeah, it does seem pretty far fetched. But Neros arm does have this strange power to unleash power similar to Vergil. And considering Vergils right arm isnt shown in the teaser as it is hidden behind the cloak and thats why he could be wearing it. Because its just not there at all. I mean its Devil may cry, anything is possible!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well all I'm hoping for is a improved version of Nelo Angelo as his DT.

Really do not want a rehash of Dante's DT from DMC4.

Also the chances of this being a actual campaign for Vergil instead of a simple skin for Dante just shot up.

I'm really looking forward to it, it all points to it being a prequel to me really, I honestly can not see a reason why Capcom would make this a sequel to DMC4, they have to explain the connection to Nero and Vergil somehow, it would be easier to do with a prequel although a sequel could explain it as well via a flashback.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because its just not there at all. I mean its Devil may cry, anything is possible!
That's true. A one-armed man would gain a lot of attention anywhere (outside a hospital). Vergil had to lay low.

And I'm going to insist that Vergil was holding his cloak closed with one hand only because it was one bump instead of two put together.

Why?? Was it because he held Yamato in his other? Or was it because Nero cut his arm off when he tried to take it back?

If this is Fortuna, then it might be during the future when most people have abandoned the island (and by extension, their faith) to move on to other parts.

Nero lives there alone because Kyrie died or something -- he's there, fighting off the demons and fighting off Vergil, as well.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
So the "prostitute" theory is still viable?Well , we still have Alice too.Good Lord!
Demons might have made her look older, but Alice was still technically a little kid. From what I saw Vergil only seemed to take interest in her as an example of foolish human who sacrifices her humanity for a superficial reason.
Sanctus speculated on the prostitute, cause he didn't hear of any pregnant women around the time. But what if... what if... what if that poster actually has some significance? Not in the meaning that we'll see Nevan, but that it's in some way connected to the actual woman Vergil got involved with. Maybe she was a performer that had a gig in Fortuna at the time Vergil was there and the reason there were no pregnant women in town was because the one that got pregnant left town for business.

Top Bottom