• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

berto

I Saw the Devil
j8jr53.png
Nevan is playing at Fortuna? Didn't know she was famous.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Nevan is playing at Fortuna? Didn't know she was famous.
Either that, or a relative of her's (a half-demon?) is famous enough to be recognized there.

I'm actually being serious. They wouldn't just put that poster up for no reason.
If Nero is 3/4ths demon that would certainly explain how he could dropkick and punch a supposedly "playing" Dante across a room.
Right?? Maybe Sanctus meant that Nero wasn't a pure "high-ranking" demon (Nevan isn't as high-ranking as Beowulf for example).

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm actually being serious. They wouldn't just put that poster up for no reason.
Yes, actually, they would. If you look around at DMC trailers and backgrounds on the cutscenes there is always concept art that looks like posters or picture frames. I think it's more prominent in DMC4 than the others but it's in 3 also.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Funny enough I remember one of DMC4 artbooks said Nero was more human than Dante.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nero could drop kick Dante right because he was playing around with him. Also he punched him yes, but Dante didn't seem to actually feel the hits, he was probably DTing cause of anger, not pain.

I don't think Nero is 3/4 demon.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This is just speculation, though. We never "confirmed" anything.

Nero's probably 1/4 of a demon only, as it was implied by Sanctus.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So... what is it? Is it just a random reference to Nevan?

Seems like they could've just put up a "Wanted" poster for Dante instead.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
As pointed out before, she could indeed be Nero's mom, and so an hypothetical Vergil campaign could be set in the past, like in Deadly Fortune.

But that would contradict the supposedly older look Vergil shows in the previous teaser... hmmm...

Maybe she's a brand new character?

As for a Nevan reference/Easter Egg, I don't see the point of that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Seems like they could've just put up a "Wanted" poster for Dante instead.
:laugh::happy:
"WANTED:
NAME: DANTE
DESCRIPTION: THE SON OF OUR LORD AND MESSIAH.
CRIME: WELL... YOU KNOW?
REWARD: A BIG THANK YOU."

Yeah, that would totally been better. I like where your head it at.

More than likely. The novel had a very specific sequence of events, which a lot of people here totally misinterpreted, where it was Nero's mother who dropped him off.

I'm hoping for a few different things here. 1. Either it's a story of Vergil and it'll lead into more about him and his self hatred or 2 (and this is the one I'm hoping for). It's about how Vergil found another descendant of Sparda.

Viper

Premium
As pointed out before, she could indeed be Nero's mom, and so an hypothetical Vergil campaign could be set in the past, like in Deadly Fortune.

But that would contradict the supposedly older look Vergil shows in the previous teaser... hmmm...

As for a Nevan reference/Easter Egg, I don't see the point of that.
I don't see the point of it either. In game, yes, but in trailer? Just stupid.
However... concept art of Nevan

Now If you'll excuse me, I have a pillow to punch, the detective in me was so looking forward to it being something more mysterious. :'(

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
So, I was right. In fact we can see that Dante's office is full of references to DMC3.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
7uoKa15.png

So I downloaded the video to check and the image. Although her facial features are still blur; the title says "Preference". Could this mean something?
@berto
You made me chuckle! I owe you one!:laugh:

Could be a demon similar to Nevan. Or maybe Nevan could be a seperate entity from the other demons in DMC3? Maybe she was Vergil's sidekick all along, somehow? I used to think about that a lot.
@Viper
Wait... Is that from DMC3 or DMC HD Collection?

Viper

Premium
So, I was right. In fact we can see that Dante's office is full of references to DMC3.
And that's standard for a full game. Metal Gear Solid for example has all sorts of posters of Kojima's previous work. However, up till now I was living in belief that what appears in a trailer hints at what is relevant for the game that it's a trailer for.
This is just... thanks Capcom for getting my hopes up for nothing. :'(

Viper

Premium
@Wuodan
I'm pretty sure it's HD collection, can't check with the game, but I remember concept art being there as a treat.

Top Bottom