• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
For those who're having some difficulties in seeing the photo's here they are again but are now fixed...so without further or do enjoy them at your own pleasure :D

2wbry3a.jpg

1z3m8bd.png

2mxlx5g.jpg

33ti2a1.jpg

huq8mq.png

Hope people can see them now :|

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I highly fear that he's gonna have the Dimension Slash effect of Dante and nVergil... would be a shame, coz the crystal effect is so cool.

@DanteSparda08 Jesus. I need it. And I need Vergil. Like, NOW. Look at how perfectly his appearance fits into the game. And that's just a mod. Imagine his actual model made by Capcom...

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Haha, yeah I can picture it. I'm just wondering how much would be involved in that, since even with modding animations and particle effects, you'd need to mod the input to trigger several smaller Slash Dimensions in succession to replicate it. Yeah, I'm gonna' say that's the furthest you could get into it without modifying the game's code itself which isn't ossible as it's proprietary and doesn't expose those kinds of properties in plaintext.

But yeah, it would be pretty sweet. XD It reminds me of all the stuff Smash Bros. Brawl modders get away with when modding motion files. That Scott Pilgrim mod is insane in how original the entire moveset is.

Anyway, back on topic for a moment. Do you guys think Slash Dimension was born simply as Dante's unique way of using Yamato, or do you think Vergil will lose Judgement Cut in favor of it in Special Edition, much as his counterpart did in DmC?

Judgement Cut is the bomb dammit...nothing can replace it's ferociousness and the Slash Dimension is probably just Dante's thing! In the novel Dante makes a reference how he tried to mimic his brothers Judgement Cut behind the Savior and says how it pails in imitation to the original move.

http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.html

Volume 2....

8 "Dante had never exactly used Yamato before so every Vergil move he did with it in the game/novel was simply a so called 'imitation'. I'm assuming Capcom left it to us to wonder how Dante could copy his brother's specialty moves simply by visual memorization and without training, cause if you ask me that's a giant slap in Vergil's face, especially in the novel when he did Judgment Cut against the Savior and complimented himself, "Hey, not too shabby for a half-assed imitation!"

I pray the Judgement Cut stays because I miss hearing this sound as I lay it on countless demons! Yes I have the HD Collection and love spamming it, but an updated look would be so f*ck**g epic

Last edited:

scionicspectre

I totally agree. I've just been telling myself not to be disappointed since there's a good chance it's being changed. Imagine if they actually managed to include and improve on it, somehow, like having the Vergil 3 version where he vanishes and dozens of Judgement Cuts follow the enemy. I think this could be implemented in a similar way to the barrage from Pandora- if you connect with enough summoned swords, you get a few special moves to activate. Either that or use the DT gauge, there are many possiblities for implementing crazy moves.

Dominus

Vergil has his signature judgement cut in UMvC3 (and Yes I know that's supposed to be his DMC3 self), but I think they really will be keen on keeping that judgement cut with Vergil. It's his signature and yes I agree the new judgement cut is lame. It has little to no impact too...

Vitahlani

I love reading all of these theories, even the off-the-wall ones. Even though we don't have much to go on, I am so happy to see "old" DMC that I can't help but get excited. I am hoping to get a full Vergil campaign, but I would honestly be happy with even a Vergil re-skin with some added features. I don't want to set my sights too high, so I am cautiously optimistic but prepared for some disappointment.

Capcom really needs to release some gameplay footage though. Summer 2015, as vague a release date as that is, isn't too far off.

Lani

This might be alittle off topic but why are some people saying Nero's mom could be a demon?I think a member or members stated some pages back the novel says Nero is 1/4 demon.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
This might be alittle off topic but why are some people saying Nero's mom could be a demon?I think a member or members stated some pages back the novel says Nero is 1/4 demon.
I don't consider Deadly Fortune as canon. It's more like a plot hole filler to me. You can apply it anywhere until something else seals that hole.
Besides even if novel is 100% canon, that doesn't necessarily mean what novel says is true. That 1/4 statement can be just an assumption.

Lani

True.I have seen books and games contradict each other before and looking now at other DMC material that seems to be quite often for this series.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Basically like @Wuodan said. A lot of what is in the novels contradicts what we actually see or can assume from the games.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Thanks LOD.I'm finding that out right now by looking at other DMC material.I guess thats what happens (at least with this series)when a game series gets placed with different teams.

Anyway I found new info about when we could see more DMC4SE. April 25-26th people!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1013272
I'm in love with you right now!!! Finally, finally some info on it's way!

Top Bottom