• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Khundy

Berserker
Oh hell, what did I start here...

Well does Nero's cocky manner remind you of DMC 3 Dante? Perhaps Dante was fighting Nero to test how strong Nero was?

I do think that Nero does act a bit like Dante....just with a **** load of Kyrie!!! lol

BUT! Dante is ...I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with LIGHT!!! hahahha

so maybe they are related O___o in that father son thing

scionicspectre

I don't think anyone's saying Nero being Dante's son is probable, only that it's just as probable as him being Vergil's son.

Also, while I appreciate the work that went into that mod, it could certainly use a lot of improvement. I'd do it myself if I 1. Had the time between all my other 3D jobs and 2. Knew how to get my models into the game. I just need a file with the rig and a reliable way to export it.

Does anyone know a good place to find this information without PMing someone? It's the kind of thing I would expect to have a comprehensive guide if it were trivial to accomplish. I'm beginning to think that he may have only worked on the hair because it's rigged to a single bone, the head.

scionicspectre

Yeah, reading through it all now- it looks like the majority of the work is just getting the exported file into the game, and that's pretty straightforward. I saw a Leon Kennedy mod somewhere, which means it's definitely possible to rig the vertices to multiple bones. I'm getting way too pumped for this.

Frazz

General gamer
It just occurred to me that in vanilla DMC4 Berial says "you are just like he was"... Perhaps this refers to Vergil and that the SE is a prequel with a Vergil vs Berial fight. I hope Vergil gets his own bosses but him fighting Berial contextualises what Berial means with Nero. What do you lot think?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, reading through it all now- it looks like the majority of the work is just getting the exported file into the game, and that's pretty straightforward. I saw a Leon Kennedy mod somewhere, which means it's definitely possible to rig the vertices to multiple bones. I'm getting way too pumped for this.

Go for it man. Go for it. *pats him on the back*

@Frazz I think he was talking about Sparda.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Guy's and Gals check these photo's out...I think you'll be impressed just as I am by this amazing mod...I'm imagining Special Edition right now and boy my mind is blowing up right now

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/6964a0003af33a87601f35bbc55c10385243b5fa.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/ee3bc6160924ab189c4fd49636fae6cd7a890b96.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/2dd2b6ec08fa513d7bf3597f3e6d55fbb3fbd997.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/e8ba20d12f2eb93856d5ad53d6628535e4dd6fb1.jpg

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/08d29a5494eef01fe5accf64e3fe9925bd317db1.jpg

I don't know who did this Vergil mod but it looks absolutely wonderful...and you can view many more mods on this website so check some of them out... http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw=鬼泣4mod

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Guy's and Gals check these photo's out...I think you'll be impressed just as I am by this amazing mod...I'm imagining Special Edition right now and boy my mind is blowing up right now

08d29a5494eef01fe5accf64e3fe9925bd317db1.jpg

e8ba20d12f2eb93856d5ad53d6628535e4dd6fb1.jpg

2dd2b6ec08fa513d7bf3597f3e6d55fbb3fbd997.jpg

ee3bc6160924ab189c4fd49636fae6cd7a890b96.jpg

6964a0003af33a87601f35bbc55c10385243b5fa.jpg

I don't know who did this Vergil mod but it looks absolutely wonderful...and you can view many more mods on this website so check some of them out... http://tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw=鬼泣4mod

Can't see a single pic :/

scionicspectre

I found the exact post that describes the complete workflow in 3DS Max (including a fairly detailed video of someone using the same tool to mod RE 6). The reason I ignored it in the past is that the tutorial only used one bone as an example, but the video went more in-depth. So yeah, it's totally nowhere near as difficult as I expected, so long as you already have a decent knowledge of modeling, UVing, and rigging. If only DMC 3 were this easy to mod! Still, I haven't tried it yet so there may be some hiccups that aren't shared with Resident Evil.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5487960

What would be a good way to test it that you guys would actually like to have? Something I could mesh quickly and rig to multiple bones... nothing comes to mind just yet, unless I'm just replacing one article of clothing. I could make a full costume, but I'd definitely like to test out something a bit less time-consuming before putting in all that effort. *scratches head*

Anyway, this is totally off-topic, except to say that I'll want to make a corrupted Vergil costume if it doesn't come with the Special Edition. Also, DanteSparda08, I can totally see the images now if I copy their location, but I suppose the site they're hosted on doesn't allow hotlinking.

DanteSparda08

I found the exact post that describes the complete workflow in 3DS Max (including a fairly detailed video of someone using the same tool to mod RE 6). The reason I ignored it in the past is that the tutorial only used one bone as an example, but the video went more in-depth. So yeah, it's totally nowhere near as difficult as I expected, so long as you already have a decent knowledge of modeling, UVing, and rigging. If only DMC 3 were this easy to mod! Still, I haven't tried it yet so there may be some hiccups that aren't shared with Resident Evil.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5487960

What would be a good way to test it that you guys would actually like to have? Something I could mesh quickly and rig to multiple bones... nothing comes to mind just yet, unless I'm just replacing one article of clothing. I could make a full costume, but I'd definitely like to test out something a bit less time-consuming before putting in all that effort. *scratches head*

Anyway, this is totally off-topic, except to say that I'll want to make a corrupted Vergil costume if it doesn't come with the Special Edition. Also, DanteSparda08, I can totally see the images now if I copy their location, but I suppose the site they're hosted on doesn't allow hotlinking.

What's your opinion of the Mod in itself?

scionicspectre

It looks a bit different from the other mod- they managed to modify his sleeves to be more accurate, and of course the hair seems better laid out with better textures. It's making me wonder just what the limits to modding this game are, since I didn't realize you could do much at all until quite recently. At the far end, combining a full 3D mod with motion mods you could theoretically add any character and moveset to the game. @_@

I definitely think it's more worth it to make mods that don't focus on Vergil since we'll have him soon, anyway, but it's a good effort.

DanteSparda08

@DanteSparda08 that site has a Nelo Angelo mod?! Holy sh!t! *.*

Yes it does :D

It looks a bit different from the other mod- they managed to modify his sleeves to be more accurate, and of course the hair seems better laid out with better textures. It's making me wonder just what the limits to modding this game are, since I didn't realize you could do much at all until quite recently. At the far end, combining a full 3D mod with motion mods you could theoretically add any character and moveset to the game. @_@

I definitely think it's more worth it to make mods that don't focus on Vergil since we'll have him soon, anyway, but it's a good effort.

Now imagine if you can switch of some of the animations such as Dante's Guns and replace it with Nero's summoned swords and implicate the Sparda summoned swords for the gun animation, and reword his Slash Dimension and transform it into a more orb like, with an added implosion for the Judgement Cut...just picture it for a moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

scionicspectre

Haha, yeah I can picture it. I'm just wondering how much would be involved in that, since even with modding animations and particle effects, you'd need to mod the input to trigger several smaller Slash Dimensions in succession to replicate it. Yeah, I'm gonna' say that's the furthest you could get into it without modifying the game's code itself which isn't ossible as it's proprietary and doesn't expose those kinds of properties in plaintext.

But yeah, it would be pretty sweet. XD It reminds me of all the stuff Smash Bros. Brawl modders get away with when modding motion files. That Scott Pilgrim mod is insane in how original the entire moveset is.

Anyway, back on topic for a moment. Do you guys think Slash Dimension was born simply as Dante's unique way of using Yamato, or do you think Vergil will lose Judgement Cut in favor of it in Special Edition, much as his counterpart did in DmC?

Top Bottom